Low E

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 - 11:42am

As a middle-aged American male, I'm told by my television that I should be concerned about "Low T"...Big Pharma slang for low testosterone. So far, so good on that one (as MrsF will attest wink). A much bigger problem right now is "Low E"...Turd slang for low enthusiasm.

Maybe tomorrow I'll write a post that discusses the MOPE and crap of yesterday. That The Fed can/will end QE as soon as later this year is so nonsensical that it doesn't deserve logical refutation.

Maybe tomorrow I'll write a post that discusses the latest BLSBS, replete with buried statistics and mentions of participation rates and seasonal adjustments.

Maybe tomorrow I'll write a post that includes a bunch of charts with lines drawn all over them, showing where price might stop and reverse.

For now, I only want to write about the one thing that bothered me the entire time I was on vacation...the CFTC.

You see, here's the problem: I'd like to have hope. I see things. I talk to people. I read a lot. And I think. All of this leads me to the conclusions I espouse here. Namely, that the end of The Great Keynesian Experiment is upon us and we all need to prepare accordingly. The politicians are all corrupt. The U.S., and the world for that matter, is ruled in favor of the very few, particularly the international bankers. The global economic system is about to collapse and morph into something completely different from what we've all known our entire lifetimes.

But, I'd like to have hope. Hope that I'm wrong. Hope that I simply have an overactive imagination. Hope that I am just channeling Russell Crowe playing John Nash, seeing clearly nothing but make-believe conspiracies and foolishly connecting the dots.

But the problem is...the CFTC. There the illusion and hope unravels.

You'll surely ask me how I know and I'll say "I don't". So, don't bother. I have no proof. Only faith and trust which could also be misplaced. But I am entirely confident that the CFTC has been given, all wrapped up in a neat little package, everything they need to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the metals markets are wholly and entirely manipulated for the gain of a few bullion banks. Instead of acting promptly, to restore order and confidence in "free and fair markets", they dawdle. They stall. They issue no statements. They conclude no investigations. And, most importantly, they allow the crime to continue as if nothing has changed. Only now they are accomplices, to the point of being co-conspirators.

And this is the problem. Hope is gone. Not that the CFTC was some hoped-for, last bastion of integrity. That's not it at all. They are, instead, the proverbial "straw that broke my back". Because now that I know that the CFTC is negligent and corrupt and only serving to protect and defend their TBTF overlords, my hope is gone. And, again, I'm not talking about hope for a resolution to the metals manipulation, I'm talking about hope that the entire western political and economic system really isn't as corrupt and narcissistic as it seems. For it's impossible not to reach the following conclusion:

1. The CFTC is protecting a major TBTF, Fed primary dealer by refusing to acknowledge the manipulation.
  2. If this one, government bureaucracy is in the back-pocket of the banks, all of the rest likely are, too.
  3. And if all of the agencies are in the back-pocket of the banks, then the politicians are, too, because most of the bureaucrats are political appointees.
  4. And if all of the politicians are in the the back-pocket of the banks, then the entire political system is a sham. There are no elections. It's all just an illusion designed to mollify the masses.
  5. And if that's the case, what kind of world do we really live in?

So, you can see my problem here. I suffer from "Low E". Why bother to write about all of the day-to-day stuff? Why mark up all my silly charts? Once hope is gone, soldiering on can get pretty challenging. Perhaps I can draw renewed inspiration from the idea of "awakening the masses". Logic suggests that only by operating within the matrix can you reach those still contained therein. But I don't know. I really don't. Inevitably, the first question is: Why try at all?

Let me work on that for a while and I'll get back to you soon. Maybe tomorrow.

ag1969 · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:08pm

I bought today

25 oz from the bearing company along with a trip to the LCS for 10 face junk.

tyberious · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:09pm

Mission Statement

Turd,

You will have to find your own reasoning to continue! But having said that there are millions of others that need a voice, that need guidance, that need to feel that they are not alone, that need to know what has become of our Republic and who is responsible but most importantly how to prepare for the inevitable collapse. The guilty must be named and acknowledged, the truth must be registered for humanity. Remember this to shall come to pass. Perhaps, just perhaps in addition to financial survival we could focus on how to rebuild our Republic after the collapse, as that is surely guaranteed.

Your are blessed with multiple gifts! Use them accordingly!

Good luck of whatever path you choose.

ancientmoney · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:11pm

Santa still a lone bull . . .

Hi Jim,

I hope you are doing fine.

Its official, you are the ONLY bull left. Seriously. After searching the blogs, chat rooms… everywhere. I have NEVER (since this bull market started) seen such negative comments from

Technicians, “cyclists,” and fundamentalists.

You are the only bull left. All others are either short or have no position.

CIGA Ted

Dear Ted,

I sent you this morning by eblast (if you have signed up on JSMineset.com for the free service) my reasons why I remain convinced that gold will set new highs.

Have you ever considered how bad it must really be out there if the Fed and gold banks are working so hard to paint gold bearish and the US dollar bullish? It must fundamentally be the worst of the various economic crises in my more than 50 years in gold.

There has never been this level of effort to attempt on all fronts to discredit gold. That must reflect the real and dire condition of the balance sheets of the Western world financial industry. Anyone with eyes in their head can see this move has been contrived. In my opinion profit on the short side is a secondary motive.

Today is setting new records for the number of incoming emails that are definitely X rated. The latent and absolutely vicious p hatred in people is also revealing.

Sincerely,
Jim

TFMR · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:16pm

Title 17: Commodity and Securities Exchanges

Prove:

Title 17: Commodity and Securities Exchanges
PART 180—PROHIBITION AGAINST MANIPULATION

§ 180.2 Prohibition on price manipulation.

It shall be unlawful for any person, directly or indirectly, to manipulate or attempt to manipulate the price of any swap, or of any commodity in interstate commerce, or for future delivery on or subject to the rules of any registered entity.

Byzantium · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:16pm

@ stock canines

"If silver is sitting at 19 in December 2013, would Turd be considered somewhat culpable for many losing money."

No, we are all responsible for our own decisions.

I'll describe my own reaction to the HEH message below, as an example, FWIW.

We all choose which pundits to believe, and we can believe their integrity without naively thinking that because they are sincere, they must be right.

We cannot delegate our investment decisions to bloggers. Most are sincere, and yet anyway disagree with each other.

I believed Turd's sincerity re HEH, but in the absence of being privy to the evidence myself, chose to ignore it for the large part. That it influenced me at all, was because Bill Murphy and others seemed to be emphatically saying a similar thing, but from apparently different sources. So for example, I am on record here at this blog, trying to marshal the group into identifying whether all these rumours were coming from the same source, or whether from independent sources and thereby corroborating each other. I think the conclusion was that it was from at least two different sources, maybe three.

I went further, and suggested some geopolitical scenarios centered around Iran/Syria, that might have confused all these separate independent sources to reach the same conclusion, and yet still be wrong, as explained in the narrative that I tendered.

To whit, I tried to ignore the noise, and made considerable effort to decide how to interpret HEH.

Anyone who buys and sells without doing their own due diligence, will learn a hard lesson before long. They cannot blame anybody else for their own shortcomings.

Mr. Fix · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:17pm

@ Mudsharkbytes

HEH is in the process of being redefined.

The way I see it, the explosive move upward in the price of silver is mathematically unavoidable.

The problem with calling it, is that I do not believe it will occur in the current system.

So to even attempting to measure potential gains in dollars would be a waste of time.

HEH will occur when the system implodes. (If not after)

By definition, it will be an historic event. It will also be an explosive event.

I just don't think it's information that you can successfully “trade” on.

If you do not already have the physical in your possession, there will be absolutely nothing you can do.

SteveW · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:19pm

Did the Fed Lie About QE 3 and QE 4?

"Graham Summers of Phoenix Capital Research

January 4th, 2013

It’s common belief that Bernanke and the Fed are printing $85 billion per month ($40 billion to buy Mortgage Backed Securities and $45 billion to buy Treasuries). After all, these are the policies that the Fed announced in September and December 2012, respectively.

The only issue with this is that the Fed lied.

Today, the Fed’s balance sheet is $1.3 billion smaller than it was at this time last year. Last week it was $19 billion smaller. The largest year over year growth the Fed balance sheet has shown since QE 3 was announced occurred on November 23, 2012 when the Fed balance sheet was a mere $48 billion larger than it was at the same point in 2011."

Now I'm completely confused. The latest email missive from Graham Summers says that the Feds are not buying $85 billion monthly. Now I've always found these emails to be reliably informative, for someone whose main goal is to sell a service, so what's the truth?

I must admit I'm not in the habit of reading the Fed's balance sheet and that to do so will require I get over a steep learning curve. So does anyone have the goods on whether Graham is correct or whether he has just been taken over by the dark side of misinformation?

Maximillion · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:22pm

Well done Turd

For having the gumption to state your realization and open yourself up to comments such as 'I knew you were wrong', which is obviously just what you need right now. IMO you are not wrong in your analysis most of the time, and even if on occasion I disagree, it's an honest view that's always been appreciated. Reality was never promised to be a pleasant awakening, but at least now you can formulate your own plan to deal with the real facts.

I found out what really goes on back in 2007, through my own expensive fight against persons with deeper pockets / higher up the pecking order / with influence to operate beyond the laws / rules I am required to obey. It was not a pleasant awakening for me, hurts imaginary pride like hell and financially too, but I luckily walked away from the fight before they bust me. I've still got the same friends today as I had then, plus a few more, plus through sites such as this, a much greater ability to play the game based on their known game rules. Net result, nowadays I get asked through introductions from friends, to look at other peoples problems with TPTB, which normally ends up with me enlightening the new people (once they've been through the misunderstanding of how it all actually works stage), and enabling them to move on better prepared.

So hang in there Turd, and now you've realized the problem try reading Sun Tzu 'The Art of War' in order to plan your way forward from now.

Horst · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:26pm

I like the notion that most

I like the notion that most of you thought Gary Gensler was going to change something, even though he's ex Goldman Sachs. Just as you get suckered into almost any hype that involves any person... like the new Finance Minister in Japan currently.

Anyone who gets into any position of (apparent) power in this world does so because he IS ALLOWED TO. If an official refuses to play lapdog for the banks, he will never get into a position where he even gets a chance to get elected. Why? Because he most likely won't have the financial means to, and also because he won't have the support of all the other lapdogs of the banks.

If you don't get this, it means you're a sucker. 99%+ of the population are suckers. It's grim, but it's reality. Face it, and you will prosper. Refuse to face it, and you can continue to live in your little bubble full of blissful dreams and illusions like all the others do. Until it bursts.

fertzeltwist · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:38pm

Junkie-

When you injest that tasty red pill, and you become an Infojunkie, it takes over your soul with the need to spread your knowledge far and wide. We all get attacked regularly, and suffer bouts of uncertainty, but even if you hang up the spurs tomorrow, it would drive you mad, and you would miss the beloved forum you have created here. Be strong, suck it up, and know that you are doing the right thing, and we all appreciate it. You don't quit because of your kids, you redouble your efforts for them instead of giving up and subjecting them to a hellish future devoid of hope. You (we) may not succeed, but in the end we will know that is was not for lack of effort.

Horst · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:51pm

Regarding trading: net

Regarding trading: net commercial shorts were in neutral territory last week, slightly bullish at best. This latest smackdown was unsurprising.

Regarding low enthusiasm: this is exactly the method with which precious metals prices are kept under control. Sentiment suppression is the most effective means of suppression. Why even bother to try to satisfy demand when you have the ability to make people not want to buy in the first place? Of course this will not work anymore at some point, but right now and probably for the rest of this decade, this managed retreat strategy will work very well for the EE, and they will remain in control of the market. I personally welcome this, as I only got informed around 2007-2008 and bought my first precious metal in 2009. I need a few more years that I'm able to stack to make the most out of this once-in-a-lifetime bull market.

pforth · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:51pm

Nothing to look foward to...

The problem is, in the past we could look forward to the inevitable announcements of QE3, 4 etc to help us break free of cartel control. Well guess what, those announcements have come, gone and failed to break us free. Look at the list of disappointments this last few months:

• QE3 gains reversed.
  • QE4 - no gains at all.
  • CFTC - promised results in Aug, then Oct and has now gone silent.
  • Bill Murphy - had insider info on the silver scandal breaking. It didn't.
  • JP Morgan Lawsuit - dismissed.
  • HEH - has gone quiet. No new info or dates to hope for available to us outsiders.
  • Technicals - All point down.

We are fully and completely in the cartel's control. The only possible events that we have to look forward to are:

• HEH comes online -- but again we have no timeline or progress for this (and only a vague idea what it will do or how much it will help).
  • COMEX defaults -- We hear that the physical market is tight, tight, tight... but it's been like that for months (even years) now. In truth we have no measurable way to assess the remaining inventory or the rate of depletion and if you trust the COMEX inventory numbers, we have a long way to go.
  • The cartel relents -- For reasons of it's own the cartel decides enough is enough time to reverse course and go long.

There you have it, the unknowable, the unmeasurable and the unlikely.

Failing these things all I can see in front of us is a long slow grind, taking years as the powers continue to keep the inflation thermometers non-functioning as long as they can.

Mr. Fix · Jan 4, 2013 - 2:52pm

Whenever this site goes “off-line”,

I get a sinking feeling in my gut.

This is a strange day to have “server issues”,

I guess I'll just go to work, and hope that you are all still here tonight.

Have a nice day.smiley

· Jan 4, 2013 - 2:54pm

Turd, Read This, Please

Turd, I implore you to lose the self pity, god dammit! You have created a life-saving blog. You ARE the man. We all come here to help you, don’t you get it? Rely on others for help when your energy wanes. We all do, and we all are stronger for it. Said in my best Marlon Brando voice: <slapping Turd’s face> Act like a man! Now, here is a thought, relative to the CFTC and your doldrums of late. Maybe the big bullion bank JPM paid the plaintiffs to file the suit, so that the lawsuit could be thrown out very publically, in a humiliating, convincing fashion? How’s that for a rabbit hole thought? Connect these dots: (1) The whole lawsuit was premised upon alleged manipulation, proved only by supposition and not one admissible fact. You know there is more there, so do I. Yet, why was nothing brought out? (2) The JPM motion to dismiss essentially argued that the CFTC, as the expert, is charged with regulating the Comex, and found NOTHING, therefore, like the CFTC found, so did the Court find, and the lawsuit was deemed meritless. It was not plead very well, and in fact was plead so poorly that not even limited discovery was allowed. Ponder that for a bit? (3) The silver manipulation meme, as a result of this lawsuit and public dismissal, was thoroughly trashed in public, convincingly, making all of us who believe it to be tin-foil hat wearing gibberish-spewers; (4) Public awareness of alleged silver manipulation as a result of the CFTC non-action and non-findings, combined with the smack down by JPM handed to the foolish tin-foil hat wearing crowd, coupled with the smack down in Comex futures pricing, is all that the cartel needs to keep on keeping on, right? Who in their right mind is going to stack now? Who of us stackers can convince the unknowing to now go buy silver when we are basking in the extremely uncomfortable position of being off the highs at $45 or so down to the miserable range of $29-35. Which dumb-ass friend or family member are we going to convince to use fiat to by metal? Whoever we DID already convince to buy metal now HATES us, and will NEVER listen to us again. I know, I get an earful every Holiday season. “How’s that silver doing, huh? Should have bought Apple, told you so . . .” See? Cartel mission accomplished. We know, they know; yet, the masses do not know. The fiat scheme, QE to infinity, the existing power structure, the transfer of metal wealth from West to East, all of this goes unabated. And will go unabated, while us ants patiently do our thing. For us, the question to ask from all of this is: So What? We can try to help others, and that is a noble goal. Or, we can do our best to protect ourselves, and our families, and THAT is a higher goal. You are being quite noble in doing this site. As I have told you privately and publically, I owe you a huge debt of gratitude for guiding me to the light, and helping me see the truth. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Now, stop the self pity already, and get back to charting. Have a contest, cheer up? Better yet, go exercise, set a goal, and stop placing false hope on the crooked system. You will be let down EVERY TIME otherwise. Look, now that you KNOW the system is hopelessly corrupted, you can so easily capture peace of mind. Stop swimming up stream, thinking that you can alter the trajectory. You cannot. We cannot. There is only going to be eventual outcome, which is mathematically guaranteed. So let it do what it will, prepare, and have peace of mind that you are enlightening folks. At some point, all of your hard work will pay off, we will be facing a new paradigm, and loads of loads of praise will finally find their way to you, as you deserve. For now, just keep your head down, and help us to what you do best. Thanks!

Havenstein · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:06pm

Quit? F That

Turd watch this and get back to me later.

pbfurn · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:10pm

Insight from Santa

Pardon me if this has already been posted: www.jsmineset.com

Jim’s Mailbox

January 4, 2013, at 11:13 am by Jim Sinclair in the category Jim's Mailbox | Print This Post Print This Post | Email This Post Email This Post

Hi Jim,

I hope you are doing fine.

Technicians, “cyclists,” and fundamentalists.

You are the only bull left. All others are either short or have no position.

CIGA Ted

Dear Ted,

Sincerely,
Jim

· Jan 4, 2013 - 3:14pm

Not quitting

And please understand...The "Low E" is not because something didn't happen, it is because it hasn't happened. Big difference.

And to the poster above who claimed that I spoke of "hot, explosive and historic" action simply to increase pageviews: Fuck off.

kn33bar · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:14pm

COT looks good

And we're over $30.00

The Green Manalishi · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:14pm

While we are all feeling a bit miserable...

Back above 30. Cheer up peeps smiley

Monty Python - Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life [HD]
foxenburg · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:16pm

Come on, Turd!

If

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream---and not make dreams your master;
If you can think---and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build'em up with worn-out tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings---nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And---which is more---you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling
· Jan 4, 2013 - 3:16pm

Turd- The Matrix Reloaded, pt. 1

The first time I heard the Matrix metaphor was cruising Zerohedge, probably four years ago- back when QE was a new term in our lexicon and the cry "Gold Bitchez" was something edgy and slightly subversive. It seemed like an apt comparison, as the sheeple were happily asleep in the Matrix while a hardy band of truth-seekers was boldly charging into the brave new world of potential hyperinflation and the total lack of real underpinnings of the financial and economic reality of the world. Heady times indeed, and the "red pill / blue pill" seemed like a pretty profound thing at the time. The assumption underlying it all was that reality was not what we were being told publicly, but that nevertheless there were forces beyond the machinations of the opinion-makers and the cutthroats manning the levers of power that were slowly but inexorably pulling the curtain off of the great financial illusion that underpinned the entire world economy.

But honestly, if you were part of that underground world, if you remember posters like Chumbawumba or MissCreant or some guy named Turd Ferguson knocking around the comments section there back in the day, ask yourself this- did you think the illusion would last as long as it has? Did you think that hype, faked government statistics, outright lies, and media manipulation would be enough to drag the whole stinking, rottd, putrid carcass through four long years relatively intact? Because to be honest, I didn't.

I remember very clearly planting fruit trees in the early summer of 2008 and thinking "Damn, what a waste of time this is... it'll take four or five years before I get anything out of these and by then it may be too late". Well, here we are. And I fully expect to get the first decent harvest from those trees in the coming year. The whole thing is starting to feel like a very VERY long version of the movie Groundhog Day- metals are manipulated again, the economy is growing worse by the month again (but not so much as to awaken people to the fact that they are being lied to continuously), the deficit continues to grow exponentially, productive activities are even harder to engage in while the amount you might gain from such activities grows smaller, yet here we are. The Matrix has been reloaded. And reloaded, and reloaded. And the illusion is not only intact, but is functioning almost flawlessly. The unsustainable has been admirably sustained, much to my surprise, and apparently Turd's, as well.

So how should we feel about all this? I can totally understand Turd's "Low E" - I have been there, on occasion. But if I step back and look at it, I am frankly VERY grateful that my assumptions were off the mark and that things have gone this way, because I have been able to slowly plug away at a number of projects/preps/investments that now have me and my family in far better shape than I was back then.

Yet at the same time, I find it very disquieting... because the reality is still out there, the looting and financial destruction continues apace. In thinking about this, I have come to believe that my own feelings about what was happening were really wishful thinking- NOT that I wanted bad things to happen (I didn't and still don't), but that I sensed that the longer reality was put-off, the more vicious it would be when it returned. And now I fear that when reality does reassert itself, it will do so with a vengeance. In short, the longer the Matrix illusion is spun out, the harsher the consequences will be for everyone... and there is no cheating mother nature, in the end. Everything - commodities, markets, labor, productive activity - will, and in fact MUST, return to its actual valuation level. The great reset WILL occur. And now I fear that this process will be frighteningly jarring, indeed.

I guess I had secretly hoped that the car would crash when it was going just 15 or 20 mph, so as to take my lumps and walk away shaken but not seriously hurt... but the insidiously successful Matrix has ensured that we are accelerating along merrily, while most of the passengers seem to have no clue and indeed are righteously demanding that the driver speeds up so they can be more comfortable with the wind in their faces. They are getting their wish. And I am bracing for something far more difficult to get myself and my family through than I was just four years ago.

So how does this relate to "Low E" ? If we know that the longer this crap plays out the more catastrophic it will be, then the real question is "What can we do about it?" That is where TFMR comes in... Part 2 coming shortly.

Zoltan · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:17pm

Bullish Indicators

In addition to the site being down I will add posts from trolls who only come here to snipe on down days (you know who) after over a twenty week absence. Please don't feed them.

Keep the faith Turd. You provided a huge service to your readers and we will follow you even if you never post another prediction again.

Z

Mudsharkbytes · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:19pm

Hey, I was in a pretty good mood…

… this morning all things considered.

I saw the totally expected waterfall, but figured it's business as usual, especially since I was stupid enough to buy some of those "Slave Queen" coins online over the weekend. Drops ALWAYS follow after I make an online purchase so I wasn't particularly surprised.

Then I come here and Holy Batshit Batman, the sentiment is so low I can barely scrape it off of the floor with a putty knife. Even TURDs first post of the year is all about giving up hope.

Geez, I come here to be encouraged, not discouraged.

Cmon' everybody, lighten up why dontcha?

The Green Manalishi foxenburg · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:21pm

Kipling

I thought it went:

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs....

..... why not try one of my exceedingly good cakes.

achmachat · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:22pm

HEH

it's weird how somebody could say that you were looking for more page views because as far as I remember there was no place a non-turdite would have heard or read about it.

Mudsharkbytes · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:32pm

It's not right

to come to somebody's place and trash them, I don't care how justified you think your opinion is, it's simply rude and Turd has every right to tell people who level spurious accusations at him to fuck off.

There's constructive criticism and there's asshat criticism.

I'm pretty confident that constructive criticism is appreciated. Asshat criticism, on the other hand, should be offered elsewhere. In other words, if your modus operandi is to accuse the host of being an opportunist, aka, lying to his audience to line his own pockets, main street here is probably not the place to do it.

I would imagine screwtape files wouldn't mind hosting such blather though.

Fat Willie · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:34pm

Turd- One day, just a few years from now, your effort and this site will be looked upon in a completely different light. People will recognize everything you did to get the word out. To educate. To share. To build a community. There a lots of people here who would be honored to buy you a beer given the chance.

I thank you for all of your effort and hard work. It's only the third inning. We are just STARTING to get fired up!!!

Hang tough bro. You have a lot of friends here.

Stack'em High · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:35pm

I'm bullish on the Turd!

Looks like he hit solid resistance at 3:14 pm today and I expect the next leg up to begin early next week...

Mudsharkbytes TF · Jan 4, 2013 - 3:37pm

RE: Not quitting

So I take it then you are still expecting the HEH sometime?

Any guess as to time frame? This year, maybe?

Can't speak for others, but I'll hold no grudges if it never materializes. I'm not basing any of my decisions on whether or not an HEH occurs, but on the other hand, I think we've all been waiting long enough for something, anything to happen and deserve a little excitement.

· Jan 4, 2013 - 3:39pm

Look at This Back Room Dealing Gone Awry

This story is from the local rag, published electronically and emailed. I copied and pasted a story from today. The insights to the back room dealing are mesmerizing. The story is about the City of San Bernardino and its red light traffic ticket program. Here we have govt officials, actively spending tax payer money, by entering into a long term contract with a private entity, the contract of which is designed to enhance the City's revenue picture, which the City adamantly denied, claiming instead that the red light cameras were for "safety." What a crock of bullshi-! Instead of the City entering into a multiple million dollar contract with a private company installing red light cameras, the City could have done nothing, and simply enforced the existing laws with the existing personnel, like it had done for decades. So why was that not the course taken? It HAD to be revenue, duh. All the critics of the new plan vehemently opposed the effort by the City to install the red light cameras. But in the corruption that is San Bernardino, some private company made millions off the local tax payers, and along the way some politician CERTAINLY got an under-the-table asset. No doubt. So, when the City filed for bankruptcy, oops!! The private company quickly removed the red light cameras, then filed a massive govt claim. The private company will get ZERO. Ha! But, look at this as the lesson it is. This backroom dealing goes on EVERYWHERE there are elected officials, from the local cities, right to the top, yes, even the CFTC. (No surprise there, Turd!) Hopefully now, though, the naive illusion that corruption can be rooted out has been forever dashed. The critics were right, of course about the revenue angle. Read it here:

Bankruptcy Ends SB’s Traffic Light Camera Ticket Program
SAN BERNARDINO–Bankruptcy appears to have inadvertently enabled San Bernardino city officials in a way they had not anticipated.
In 2011, the city of San Bernardino was looking to join with a growing number of municipalities in San Bernardino County and California which had become disenchanted with the contracts those cities had for the operation of red light cameras and were opting out of those arrangements.
San Bernardino was bound by its arrangement with Scottsdale, Arizona-based American Traffic Solutions to keep the camera-surveillance-and-red-light-violation-ticket-issuing systems in place until July 2014. The system was not popular with a large number of the city’s residents, many of whom were being cited to appear for making what would turn out to be, upon a time-consuming court appearance, legal right hand turns against a red light. When the city attorney’s office first looked into shutting that operation down, the city council was informed it would cost $114,075 to buy out American Traffic Solutions’ contract. On March 7, 2011, the council elected to bite the bullet, pay American Traffic Solutions the buyout fee, and discontinue the program which had been in place since 2005.
Then, however, the city learned that a clause in the contract made breaking the contract much more expensive, i.e., $1.8 million. The council rescinded the buyout.
Now, five months after the city of San Bernardino filed for bankruptcy protection, American Traffic Solutions is leaving the county seat of its own volition.
Among the city’s creditors and vendors not being paid is American Traffic Solutions. The city in fiscal 2012-2013 was scheduled to pay the company $417,870 and an identical amount in 2013-14 to keep the system at several of the city’s major intersectionss functioning. But since July, the city has paid American Traffic solutions nothing. Last month, the company pulled the plug.
There had been controversy over the program from even before it was put in place. Some opposed it on safety grounds, arguing that it would result in an uptick in rear-end collisions as many motorists in reaction to yellow lights came to an abrupt halt. Advocates of the system said that the cameras would nonetheless prevent more lethal T-bone accidents, i.e., ones that involved cars being broadsided in the city’s intersections. Others charged that the city was less interested in safety than in producing revenue from traffic tickets.
These later critics found some validation when many cities, including San Bernardino, soured on the systems when they did not produce the revenue originally envisioned by proponents.
In San Bernardino, a fulltime police department employee was devoted to working the system, augmented by at least three other employees who devoted part of their work weeks to the processing of tickets. When the fees paid to American Traffic Solutions and the courts were subtracted from the net ticket proceeds, the city was losing money on the venture.
The city, buffeted by a $45.8 million systemic annual deficit, sought the refuge of bankruptcy protection last summer. Accompanying that filing was an effort to rein in costs. In the police department, sworn officer positions lost to attrition went unfilled. And a major bloodletting of non-sworn personnel took place, with 62 of its 103 non-sworn members laid off. The gutting of the department’s clerical staff made processing camera tickets an extremely low priority.
American Traffic Systems in reaction shuttered, disassembled and removed its cameras last month. It then marched over to U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Riverside, where it filed a $1.67 million claim for unpaid fees against the city. There is little prospect the city will be making good on that bill anytime soon. There are 12 other creditors with outstanding claims against San Bernardino larger than American Traffic Systems’ bill.
The San Bernardino County Sentinel, Friday, January 4, 2013; A Fortunado Publication in conjunction with Countywide News Service 10808 Foothill Blvd. Suite 160-446 Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730 (909) 628-8436

11/20 8:30 ET Housing Starts