Low E

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 - 11:42am

As a middle-aged American male, I'm told by my television that I should be concerned about "Low T"...Big Pharma slang for low testosterone. So far, so good on that one (as MrsF will attest ). A much bigger problem right now is "Low E"...Turd slang for low enthusiasm.

Maybe tomorrow I'll write a post that discusses the MOPE and crap of yesterday. That The Fed can/will end QE as soon as later this year is so nonsensical that it doesn't deserve logical refutation.

Maybe tomorrow I'll write a post that discusses the latest BLSBS, replete with buried statistics and mentions of participation rates and seasonal adjustments.

Maybe tomorrow I'll write a post that includes a bunch of charts with lines drawn all over them, showing where price might stop and reverse.

For now, I only want to write about the one thing that bothered me the entire time I was on vacation...the CFTC.

You see, here's the problem: I'd like to have hope. I see things. I talk to people. I read a lot. And I think. All of this leads me to the conclusions I espouse here. Namely, that the end of The Great Keynesian Experiment is upon us and we all need to prepare accordingly. The politicians are all corrupt. The U.S., and the world for that matter, is ruled in favor of the very few, particularly the international bankers. The global economic system is about to collapse and morph into something completely different from what we've all known our entire lifetimes.

But, I'd like to have hope. Hope that I'm wrong. Hope that I simply have an overactive imagination. Hope that I am just channeling Russell Crowe playing John Nash, seeing clearly nothing but make-believe conspiracies and foolishly connecting the dots.

But the problem is...the CFTC. There the illusion and hope unravels.

You'll surely ask me how I know and I'll say "I don't". So, don't bother. I have no proof. Only faith and trust which could also be misplaced. But I am entirely confident that the CFTC has been given, all wrapped up in a neat little package, everything they need to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the metals markets are wholly and entirely manipulated for the gain of a few bullion banks. Instead of acting promptly, to restore order and confidence in "free and fair markets", they dawdle. They stall. They issue no statements. They conclude no investigations. And, most importantly, they allow the crime to continue as if nothing has changed. Only now they are accomplices, to the point of being co-conspirators.

And this is the problem. Hope is gone. Not that the CFTC was some hoped-for, last bastion of integrity. That's not it at all. They are, instead, the proverbial "straw that broke my back". Because now that I know that the CFTC is negligent and corrupt and only serving to protect and defend their TBTF overlords, my hope is gone. And, again, I'm not talking about hope for a resolution to the metals manipulation, I'm talking about hope that the entire western political and economic system really isn't as corrupt and narcissistic as it seems. For it's impossible not to reach the following conclusion:

1. The CFTC is protecting a major TBTF, Fed primary dealer by refusing to acknowledge the manipulation.
  2. If this one, government bureaucracy is in the back-pocket of the banks, all of the rest likely are, too.
  3. And if all of the agencies are in the back-pocket of the banks, then the politicians are, too, because most of the bureaucrats are political appointees.
  4. And if all of the politicians are in the the back-pocket of the banks, then the entire political system is a sham. There are no elections. It's all just an illusion designed to mollify the masses.
  5. And if that's the case, what kind of world do we really live in?

So, you can see my problem here. I suffer from "Low E". Why bother to write about all of the day-to-day stuff? Why mark up all my silly charts? Once hope is gone, soldiering on can get pretty challenging. Perhaps I can draw renewed inspiration from the idea of "awakening the masses". Logic suggests that only by operating within the matrix can you reach those still contained therein. But I don't know. I really don't. Inevitably, the first question is: Why try at all?

Let me work on that for a while and I'll get back to you soon. Maybe tomorrow.

ancientmoney Road_Scholar
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:17pm

@Road_Scholar . . . you said,

"we NEED TO STICK TO OUR GUNS!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed. In more ways than one. Illinois now in gun ban "crossfire." Coming to a state near you.

Lamenting Laverne
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:22pm

Dear Turd

My world as I knew it fell apart, when I realized that 9-11 was known to US insiders before the fact, and nothing was done to stop it. (That was a very diplomatic and generous way of phrasing it, I know)

I got so depressed to learn how filthy most of the appointed ivory tower officials in many countries are, because no-one called out this travesty, despite no doubt having some knowledge of the matter. It was as if the whole world became accomplices to 1st degree murder.

I completely lost faith in official people, the systems and structures of our so called modern democratic and free society.

It took a long time to get out of that hole, and I spent a good deal of time trying to figure out if there was something even bigger than economical devastation coming in, that could somehow justify this horrible act.

The answer to getting out of the hole for me has been people. Ordinary people. Seeing people everyday sharing smiles, helping each other out, loving their families, feeling profound empathy for people in far away countries as devastation and desperation hit their shores.

Ordinary people, as they are most, are generally good people, who work to secure the wellbeing of their loved ones by being honest, hardworking and generally quite agreeable. This I have learned to be true in America, Europe and the Middle East. And those I have met from Asia fits the same bill.

Turd - this is a rocky ride, and it may last for quite a bit longer, but I hope that your sadness over realizing the profound degree of cynicism, rot and corruption of the system, will help you see at least one bright side of a collapse.

I am very frightened of what will happen one day, but at the same time I have profound faith in the ability of people to adapt and innovate, and when the system is so entangled in lies and deceit, the only way left to bring about real change seems to be through a total wash-out collapse.

Your integrity is a hands-on example of what the rest of us are using all our self-discipline to stay courageous about. Gatherings like this site is tremendously important for morale, because it reassures the participants that there are others with good values and untainted motives out there still. That all is not lost, and that ordinary people are still fundamentally good.

Courage my friend! You are doing a great job in keeping this forum available. If you no longer can predict or analyze market moves, because the rules do no longer apply, then that is fine. We are all in the same soup - and no one should believe you have supernatural powers.

I still believe that there are (hopefully benign) forces at work behind the scenes, that will catch the scraps before everything completely unravels, but if I am wrong, I believe that many people have a built-in resilience, and they will adopt as we go along.

As a very wise poster on this sites said some time back - the most important thing is to decide for ourselves, how we want to be, when we meet adversity. That decision starts with open (critical) eyes and warm hearts.

TD
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:23pm

Why?

"Why?" is such a great question.

Sometimes, often even, questions are more important than answers.

"Why am I doing what I am doing?"

"Why are they doing what they are doing?"

I doubt Turd you are doing this for the money... likely, you are doing what you do because you are talented at it, and because there is great reward in helping others.

TD

Stock_Canines
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:24pm

I appreciate this site

but, the fact is that Turd has clearly been wrong on the metal prices and, some may say, a tad reckless with his power of influence over the members of this forum. Numerous individuals including Trader Dan, Armstrong, Silverman, others are stating that gold and silver look really bad here. Gold falling below 1680, according to Trader Dan, is trouble. Turd for months and months has been saying, yelling, buy metals, buy at all cost; the metals are going significantly higher and soon. We all make our own decisions, but Turd spoke with such confidence stating that he knew, he was positive, he was privy to inside information, access to contacts the world over, absolutely sure that the metals were moving higher and soon. I imagine a lot of the people here bought the metals, spent their fiat, on silver and gold partially because of Turd's utter confidence that due to information he possessed, he was positive prices were heading dramatically higher. If gold and silver are 15 - 20 - 30% lower at the end of 2013, was it reckless for Turd to speak with such certainty, such utter confidence? I do not know the answer to this question. If gold and silver have seen their highs for 2013, 2014 was it irresponsible for Turd to write, "However, the silver market internals are increasingly bullish to the point where a huge 2013 is not only likely, it's a virtual certainty."(December 21, 2012) Was it foolish to state, "Please buy more metal today. Now is the time. You can be supremely confident that the fiat-conversion price is only going to be rising in the weeks and months ahead."(December 12, 2012). These are but two examples of which we could post 100s of examples. I do not know if these words will eventually lead to a lot of people losing a lot of money. If silver is sitting at 19 in December 2013, would Turd be considered somewhat culpable for many losing money. Obviously, we make our own decisions, but having someone like Turd who proclaims to have inside information, contacts, knowledge tell us repeatedly to buy because prices are "virtually guaranteed" to go higher does impact people's decisions.

50Jim
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:25pm

Came to the conclusion six months ago

I came to the very same conclusion six months ago. I sit here and see the rants from some of the guys or girls. It does not move me. I used to read everything, now I see it is a waste of time. Any conclusion that comes from charts can't be right, because the information used is not right. Any chance of the CFTC coming to our aid (six months ago, I wrote Bart an email and told him that he has allowed all honest people trying to make money with silver etc. to go broke. ) then I asked that he not respond, because I was sick of his lying.

So here I sit with my stack. Too broke to buy more at this time, but refusing to sell any of it. I know my time is coming, silver will rise, but when that happens, the end of all things as we know it will be in the past. It is not that far from now.

When the Berlin Wall came down, it caught me off guard. When the current system comes down, I for one will be waiting. (but it truly scares the hell out of me what it will be like)

For now, I just wait.

Jim

Mr. Fix
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:25pm

@ luv2stak

I didn't really want to “HAARP” on all that, but it's probably worth mentioning.

Silverman
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:30pm

Trade

Closed silver at 29.50

Don't want to carry over weekend.

Road_Scholar
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:30pm

@Ancient Money

I'm going to pick up my AR15 lower receiver today. I wanted to get one before I couldn't. CA is a bitch with regulations & waiting periods unless you're in the hood and just buy a street gun with cash. I had to go to the DMV to get paperwork- twice! That showed the beauty of "government efficiency" (oxymoron) and why the system is clearing going down...

luv2stak
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:31pm

Time To Feed The Turd!

Dear Turd,

Have a fancy coffee (or a beer!) on me! Sorry it's not more, but after the holidays and all...

Don't know how I'd cope if this site weren't here! Nice to commune with intelligent, reasonable, 'like-minded' people.

Cheers!

P.S. 9-11 was an inside job. And chemtrails are real. Both are a visible, concrete TPTB Declaration Of War upon the citizens. Research these! You might as well get it over with in one huge helping of despairing dismal-ness.

Then, you can rise up again with renewed purpose and clear, steely-eyed vision! And look for God...

Cheers again, and THANK YOU!

Mudsharkbytes
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:32pm

Correct me if I'm wrong,

But from what I'm reading I'll assume the projected HEH has been called off until further notice, due to the inaction of the CFTC.

Mickey
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:34pm

look at things from a different perspective

that is--for the government to avoid doing anything about the massive short position in silver (and gold) is telling.

For the Fed minutes to be released with the thought comments about ending QE (remind you of the Music Man-the thought method of playing an instrument) is telling--bernanke has said it is important to manage perception.

We must be right on our strategy and this country is in bigger trouble than we suspect if they have to resort to this bullshit. Its kind of like we are the underground and fighting the establishment. And we are a relatively small group and frankly, and I hope I do not hurt anybodies feelings, I think few if any of us are heavy hitters in PM (ie--you wake up and place an order for 500k dollars of PM on a whim-although by buying regularly over the years my stash is looking good).

back to trading paper to buy physical

zman
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:35pm

Gold closes at around $1650,

Gold closes at around $1650, right at Santa's line in the sand. How many times have we danced around the $1650 area in the last year? Too many to count.

kn33bar
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:37pm

Any chance of a podcast with Ned or Andy

I kinda new HEH wasn't happening. How about NASE?

Nick Elway
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:40pm

The end of the Great

The end of the Great Keynesian Experiment is upon us. Prepare accordingly.

Turd, you are helping us prepare and giving us a place of sanity in the midst of a flood of MSM disinformation as we are surrounded by people that have no desire to awaken.

I found the John Titor story somewhat optimistic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor Per the Titor story In 2036 the USA population is half what it is today (after years of neighborhood-on neighborhood civil war, followed by nuclear and biological attacks) but by 2036 the constitution has been re-energized and life is free and good.

The dismal alternative that Jim Sinclair is fighting and that I hope you will choose to fight is a new feudalism dark ages under the thumb of the descendants of the current regime.

I believe your site helps all of us work toward our (tfmetalsreport readers) grandchildren surviving the next two decades with a real chance of living as free human beings. That is a noble cause.

You don't need to post or do a TTM talk every day or limit your posts to metals (Prepare Accordingly is a broad field) . I come to the site because (thanks to the comments) I know I won't miss any important developments and I will find good advice. There are many on this site in various stages of awakening, and awakening with different views that broaden my perspective. (We are like people in a dark cave trying to understand the elephant that is in the cave with them)

On the physical side of low-E I believe removing fluoride from your life and eating more fruits is surprisingly helpful in deciding what needs to be done and doing it.

Take your time, you'll do the right thing!

Nick

Farmboy
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:40pm

Turd's Bottom Part 2?

The contrarian in me is very bullish. Everyone is so negative on the metals... Santa seems to be the only long left with a smile on his face. Got the feeling he has been here before, most of the 70s was highly manipulated until the banks lost control of the metal price. In the end Volcker beat the Hunt Brothers by changing the rules on futures contracts and credit, this time it is the shorts who are over leveraged.

Turd is right on the CFTC, I never expected them to fix anything.

The turn is coming though and that is when other sharks can't resist killing off the weaker financial institutions. The last couple months have been so painted... raid after raid to paint negative momentum and get the algos to take down the price. I say whatever keep stacking, also consider that the Goldman and Buffet aren't beyond a little price manipulation to get their positions in the metals.

Keep stacking... you don't see any of the BRICs selling gold. The dollar is toast... trading paper is gambling on timing the market. Stacking is forever.

hsofiak 50Jim
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:41pm

@50Jim

Concur. Basically in the same space. Listening to MSM would be comedy if not for the sad fact that many still believe the MOPE and therefore its effectiveness.

Change takes a lot longer than one would expect, the old system has tremendous momentum both in institutional form (regulatory capture) and support by those commonly referred to as the sheeple. Many sheeple are too busy trying to survive (using and providing strength to fiat) to notice what is really making their effort so difficult and consequently believe or are confused by the MOPE. e.g. Economy bad ... silver down ... industrial metal. Economy good (QE ending) ... silver down ... monetary metal.

For Turd, and many of us, we have to remember that ignorance will be bliss for the masses until the reset happens whether it is today, tomorrow or 15 years from now.

Remember, the Weimar inflation took several years to run its course in a much smaller economy.

ancientmoney Lamenting Laverne
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:41pm

@Lamenting_Laver thank you . . .

for your post. I copied it in its entirety, and sent it to my wife and kids. Thanks again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turd, you have built a community here. We need this community, and it needs to grow. Your site keeps us aware, and knowing we are not alone in our fears, regrets, and growing knowledge of what we face.

I hope you see fit to continue. But if not, I understand.

Mr. Fix Mudsharkbytes
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:49pm

Reply, Correct me if I'm wrong, Submitted by Mudsharkbytes

I believe that what can be said has already been said.

In response to a similar request about a month ago, the answer was:

“There are literally lives at stake”.

The Evil Empire plays for keeps.

Let me save Turd the trouble.

The lawlessness will continue, in fact, it will escalate.

There will be no "cavalry coming to the rescue".

I hope that answers your question,

it's all we have to go with for now.

SteveW
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:49pm

The Owners

TF, a rather "colourful" way of explaining the same topic.

George Carlin: The Owners of This Country Have You by the Balls
Chevy Thunder
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:50pm

Explosive Summer Rally?? Or Hoax?

Turd

Can you please tell us if the "explosive summer rally" on "insider information" that you were supposedly privy to was all just a hoax to get more clicks? After six months your faithful audience should know the TRUTH. Quite frankly, at this point, it all seems like bullshit. If you were truly expecting an explosive takeoff in PM prices, you wouldn't be in need of "Vitamin E," would you? I mean, prices are about to go parabolic, right? The "evil cartel" is just "days away" from being taught a lesson, right? Where's your enthusiasm? Your entire internet persona is about to be vindicated!

All the best in whatever you decide to do with this site....

ag1969
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:52pm

If you all give up and go away.....

I will still be stacking and prepping because it is the right thing to do for my family. I still stand by my post from this morning in the last thread. We are winning, and I won't let Turd or anyone else get me down.

The Cartel has been successful, sentiment is destroyed. I hate those mother ****ers.

My Dad used to say, "sometimes you just gotta chew the rawhide".

Happy weekend! BTFD

Turd, congrats on the still operational stiffy! Good for you!

Keg
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:54pm

I refuse to participate in "low E" today

These days I often suffer from "low E" myself. Hard not to when you are watching a worldwide train wreck that is taking years to reach conclusion. But since it is my birthday, I refuse to participate in "low E" today.

Yesterday a nice man in a brown truck brought me my first monster box. He said he had been delivering a lot of it lately. After a brief conversation, it became apparent that he thought it was ammo.

I took the monster box out of the cardboard box and set it on the table to admire. My wife came in and when she saw it she said "I guess that is more money." It is a blessing to have a spouse that understands what real money is.

Road_Scholar
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:56pm

Turd-apalooza!

"What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer..."**

Turd-apalooza in Vega$ this spring! Come on who's with me!!!

(**Animal House quote for those who aren't huge movie peeps)

Mudsharkbytes
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:57pm

@Mr. Fix - clarification

I'm not asking for particulars, I'd just like to know if the much anticipated yet delayed HEH is officially canceled, since that seems to be the underlying tone of today's post.

If that's the case, I can't imagine how there could be any third party risk involved in letting us know.

TFMR
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:59pm

Prove? Title 17: Commodity

Prove?

Title 17: Commodity and Securities Exchanges

PART 180—PROHIBITION AGAINST MANIPULATION

§ 180.2 Prohibition on price manipulation.

It shall be unlawful for any person, directly or indirectly, to manipulate or attempt to manipulate the price of any swap, or of any commodity in interstate commerce, or for future delivery on or subject to the rules of any registered entity.

ag1969
Jan 4, 2013 - 1:59pm

Keg

Happy Birthday!

Lamenting Laverne
Jan 4, 2013 - 2:00pm

@ AncientMoney

Thanks a lot. It is much appreciated!

and Keg - Happy Birthday ;-)

Colonel Angus
Jan 4, 2013 - 2:02pm

Why is it???

That all of us goldbugs and silver stackers have no problem with low testosterone or pleasing our wives (sorry, that should be "spouses" because there are both male and female Turdites out there)? Is it just that someone with gold and silver is just so damned sexy?

(I hope that brings the Turd's spirit and E-levels up a little.)

As a prof, I haven't given up. Sure, most of the students are slackjawed and can only reply in 160 character thought units, but you get a few who see the light. One has become a stacker. He's off at a doc program now, but back in December he got his first gold (from me no less). I also got my first AK from him at the same time. Too bad we made the exchange in a canoe. No good can ever come from those canoes.

Low enthusiasm for the PMs. Sounds like blood in the streets. Give it a week or two, and maybe we should all be buying. Even the Roman empire fell.

erewenguy Farmboy
Jan 4, 2013 - 2:04pm

@Farmboy

I agree - If I had some loose change I would buy a small amount here, and wait to see if silver fell a couple of dollars and buy again. I *like* buying stuff on sale. Better to buy when everyone is in despair than when the crowd is elated.

Jason Foster
Jan 4, 2013 - 2:07pm

Off Topic But

is there really any need to focus only on the range bound Fed sponsored PM up-a-dollar, down-a-dollar, day to day BS?

Video unavailable

Good part starts at 1:50

Why Buy a Water Distiller?.mov

5/20 7:00 pm ET CGP speech
5/22 2:00 ET FOMC minutes
5/23 9:45 ET Markit PMIs

TWELVE Goon speeches through the week
5/15 8:30 ET Retail Sales and Empire State Manu. Idx.
5/15 9:15 ET Cap. Ute. and Ind. Prod.
5/16 10:00 ET Housing Starts and Philly Fed
5/17 10:00 ET Consumer Sentiment

5/9 8:30 ET US Trade Deficit
5/9 8:30 ET Producer Price Index (PPI)
5/10 8:30 ET Consumer Price Index (CPI)