Odds & Ends

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 - 6:05pm

Not much happening on this day after Christmas but I found a few things for you to consider.

It has been a very quiet, rangebound trade since the conclusion of the last raid back on Thursday. The HFTs are in charge and they are alternately jamming price slightly higher and lower as they attempt to fatten some profits before year-end. The result is 3 days of market boredom with silver in a 50¢ range and seemingly going nowhere. Gold is stuck, too, but at least shows some signs of life. It double-bottomed near $1640 late last week and has since recovered quite nicely. IF it can get some traction here and move UP through $1680 and then $1690, it will actually enter 2013 with a positive-looking chart. Let's just see what the rest of this week holds.

The only market that held any excitement today was crude. Recall that we've been watching crude in a range from $85-90 since mid-October. Today, it finally broke higher and through $90, with the Feb13 closing at $91.17. Now the question is: Can it hold the breakout tomorrow and Friday or will it simply fall back down under $90? IF it can hold, it will set up an early 2013 test of the $95 level and IF it gets above there, a return trip to $100 awaits. Two things:

1. $100 crude would definitely be supportive of higher metals prices.
  2. The situation in the MENA has been "hot" for some time now with various headlines going and coming. However, crude has remained below $90. Suddenly, today, it's $91. Hmmmm....

Finally, if you're like me you're probably looking for something to do, so, below is a YouTube link to a documentary. This show was mentioned in a ZH thread last week and I took the time to watch it. It's a fascinating story about the "Flash Crash" of May 2010. It's relevant here simply because the focus is High Frequency Trading and, as you know, those damn WOPRs have been wreaking havoc in the metals pits for some time now. Here are some background links to pique your interest:

And here's the show:

Flash Crash 2010 - VPRO documentary - 2011

That's all for now. Hang in there and keep the faith.

Save_America1st
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:02pm

The latest from “DHS Insider” (Part II)

The latest from “DHS Insider” (Part II)

24 December 2012: The following is the second part of my in-person interview with a DHS insider.

DH: Wait, this sounds way, way over the top. Are you telling me… [Interrupts]

RB: [Over talk/Unintelligible] …know who was selected or elected twice now. You know who his associates are. And you are saying this is way over the top? Don’t forget what Ayers said – you talked to Larry Grathwohl. This guy is a revolutionary. He does not want to transform our country in the traditional sense. He will destroy it. And he’s not working alone. He’s not working for himself, either. He has his handlers. So don’t think this is going to be a walk in the park, with some type of attempt to rescue the country. Cloward-Piven. Alinsky. Marx. All rolled into one. And he won’t need the rest of his four years to do it.

DH: I need you to be clear. Let’s go back again, I mean, to those who speak out about what’s happening.

RB: [Edit note: Obviously irritated] How much clearer do you want it? The Second Amendment will be gone, along with the first, at least practically or operationally. The Constitution will be gone, suspended, at least in an operational sense. Maybe they won’t actually say that they are suspending it, but will do it. Like saying the sky is purple when it’s actually blue. How many people will look a the sky and say yeah, it’s purple? They see what they want to see.

So the DHS, working with other law enforcement organizations, especially the TSA as it stands right now, will oversee the confiscation of assault weapons, which includes all semi-automatic weapons following a period of so-called amnesty. It also includes shotguns that hold multiple rounds, or have pistol grips. They will go after the high capacity magazines, anything over, say 5 rounds.

They will also go after the ammunition, especially at the manufacturer’s level. They will require a special license for certain weapons, and make it impossible to own anything. More draconian than England. This is a global thing too. Want to hunt? What gives you the right to hunt their animals? Sound strange? I hope so, but they believe they own the animals. Do you understand now, how sick and twisted this is? Their mentality?

The obvious intent is to disarm American citizens. They will say that we’ll still be able to defend ourselves and go hunting, but even that will be severely regulated. This is the part that they are still working out, though. While the plans were made years ago, there is some argument over the exact details. I know that Napalitano, even with her support of the agenda, would like to see this take place outside of an E.O. [Executive Order] in favor of legislative action and even with UN involvement.

DH: But UN involvement would still require legislative approval.

RB: Yes, but your still thinking normal – in normal terms. Stop thinking about a normal situation. The country is divided, which is exactly where Obama wants us to be. We are as ideologically divided as we were during the Civil War and that rift is growing every day. Add in a crisis – and economic crisis – where ATM and EBT cards will stop working. Where bank accounts will contain nothing but air. They are anticipating a revolution and a civil war rolled into one (emphasis added by this author).

Imagine when talk show hosts or Bloggers or some other malcontent gets on the air or starts writing about the injustice of it all, and about how Obama is the anti-Christ or something. They will outlaw such talk or writing as inciting the situation – they will make it illegal by saying that it is causing people to die. The Republicans will go along with everything as it’s – we have – a one party system. Two parties is an illusion. It’s all so surreal to talk about but you see where this is headed, right?

DH: Well, what about the lists?

RB: Back to that again, okay. Why do you think the NSA has surveillance of all communications? To identify and stop terrorism? Okay, to be fair, that is part of it, but not the main reason. The federal agencies have identified people who present a danger to them and their agendas. I don’t know if they are color coded like you mentioned, red blue purple or peach mango or whatever, but they exist. In fact, each agency has their own. You know, why is it so [deleted] hard for people to get their heads around the existence of lists with names of people who pose a threat to their plans? The media made a big deal about Nixon’s enemies list and everyone nodded and said yeah, that [deleted], but today? They’ve been around for years and years.

DH: I think it’s because of the nature of the lists today. What do they plan to do with their enemies?

RB: Go back to what Ayers said when, in the late 60′s? 70′s? I forget. Anyway, he was serious. But to some extent, the same thing that happened before. They – the people on some of these lists – are under surveillance, or at least some, and when necessary, some are approached and made an offer. Others, well, they can be made to undergo certain training. Let’s call it sensitivity training, except on a much different level. Others, most that are the most visible and mainstream are safe for the most part. And do you want to know why? It’s because they are in the pockets of the very people we are talking about, but they might or might not know it. Corporate sponsorship – follow the money. You know the drill. You saw it happen before, with the birth certificate.

It’s people that are just under the national radar but are effective. They have to worry. Those who have been publicly marginalized already but continue to talk or write or post, they are in trouble. It’s people who won’t sell out, who think that they can make a difference. Those are the people who have to worry.

Think about recent deaths that everybody believes were natural or suicides. Were they? People are too busy working their [butts] off to put food on the table to give a damn about some guy somewhere who vapor locks because of too many doughnuts and coffee and late nights. And it seems plausible enough to happen. This time, when everything collapses, do you think they will care if it is a bullet or a heart attack that takes out the opposition? [Deleted] no.

DH: That’s disturbing. Do you… [interrupts]

RB: Think about the Oklahoma City bombing in ’95. Remember how Clinton blamed that on talk radio, or at least in part. Take what happened then and put it in context of today. Then multiply the damnation by 100, and you will begin to understand where this is going. People like Rush and Hannity have a narrow focus of political theater. They’ll still be up and running during all of this to allow for the appearance of normal. Stay within the script, comrade.

But as far as the others, they have certain plans. And these plans are becoming more transparent. They are getting bolder. They are pushing lies, and the bigger the lie, the easier it is to sell to the people. They will even try to sell a sense of normalcy as things go absolutely crazy and break down. It will be surreal. And some will believe it, think that it’s only happening in certain places, and we can draw everything back once the dust settles. But when it does, this place will not be the same.

DH: Will there be resistance within the ranks of law enforcement? You know, will some say they won’t go along with the plan, like the Oath Keepers?

RB: Absolutely. But they will not only be outnumbered, but outgunned – literally. The whole objective is to bring in outside forces to deal with the civil unrest that will happen in America. And where does their allegiance lie? Certainly not to Sheriff Bob. Or you or me.

During all of this, and you’ve got to remember that the dollar collapse is a big part of this, our country is going to have to be redone. I’ve seen – personally – a map of North America without borders. Done this year. The number 2015 was written across the top, and I believe that was meant as a year. Along with this map – in the same area where this was – was another map showing the United States cut up into sectors. I’m not talking about what people have seen on the internet, but something entirely different. Zones. And a big star on the city of Denver.

Sound like conspiracy stuff on the Internet? Yup. But maybe they were right. It sure looks that way. It will read that way if you decide to write about this. Good luck with that. Anyway, the country seemed to be split into sectors, but not the kind shown on the internet. Different.

DH: What is the context of that?

RB: Across the bottom of this was written economic sectors. It looked like a work in progress, so I can’t tell you any more than that. From the context I think it has to do with the collapse of the dollar.

DH: Why would DHS have this? I mean, it seems almost contrived, doesn’t it?

RB: Not really, when you consider the bigger picture. But wait before we go off into that part. I need to tell you about Obamacare, you know, the new health care coming up. It plays a big part – a huge [deleted] part in the immediate reshaping of things.

DH: How so?

RB: It creates a mechanism of centralized control over people. That’s the intent of this monster of a bill, not affordable health care. And it will be used to identify gun owners. Think your health records are private? Have you been to the doctor lately? Asked about owning a gun? Why do you think they ask, do you think they care about your safety? Say yes to owning a gun and your information is shared with another agency, and ultimately, you will be identified as a security risk. The records will be matched with other agencies.

You think that they are simply relying on gun registration forms? This is part of data collection that people don’t get. Oh, and don’t even think about getting a script for some mood enhancement drug and being able to own a gun.

Ayers and Dohrn are having the times of their lives seeing things they’ve worked for all of their adult lives actually coming to pass. Oh, before I forget, look at the recent White House visitor logs.

DH: Eugenics? Population control?

RB: Yup. And re-education camps. But trust me, you write about this, you’ll be called a kook. It’s up to you, it’s your reputation, not mine. And speaking about that, you do know that this crew is using the internet to ruin people, right? They are paying people to infiltrate discussion sites and forums to call people like you idiots. Show me the proof they say. Why doesn’t you source come forward? If he knows so much, why not go to Fox or the media? To them, if it’s not broadcast on CNN, it’s not real. Well, they’ve got it backwards. Very little on the news is real. The stock market, the economy, the last presidential polls, very little is real.

But this crew is really internet savvy. They’ve got a lot of people they pay to divert issues on forums, to mock people, to marginalize them. They know what they’re doing. People think they’ll take sites down – hack them. Why do that when they are more effective to infiltrate the discussion? Think about the birth certificate, I mean the eligibility problem of Obama. Perfect example.

DH: How soon do you see things taking place?

RB: They already are in motion. If you’re looking for a date I can’t tell you. Remember, the objectives are the same, but plans, well, they adapt. They exploit. Watch how this fiscal cliff thing plays out. This is the run-up to the next beg economic event.

I can't give you a date. I can tell you to watch things this spring. Watch the metals, when they dip. It will be a good indication that things are about to happen. I got that little tidbit from

billwilson
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:03pm

Algos ... time for a rewrite?

So what have we seen today that is different?

Well as usual a drop in the broader market (say the S&P500) triggers a related drop in the XAU ... but this drop tends to be shortlived and the miners hold, even though gold and silver may drop a bit too. Then buying quickly returns them to their pre drop levels. The algos are starting to see a bid under the miners and gold ... and now need to make adjustments (which they do well). Waiting to see drops in the broader market triggering automatic rises in the miners - then we will know algos have been recalibrated.

Nico Romanov
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:04pm

Romanov Gold Buy

Romanov issued a buy for gold this morning at 1653.10 Feb., what with all the excitement I'm a little late in posting.

achmachat
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:16pm

good start...

Just 60 more cents higher before the end of the year and I can start 2013 with my silver's fiat conversion value in the positive! Here's to a prosperous and happy 2013, my fellow turdites!

treefrog
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:22pm

tkrff!

tinka's on a tear!

hi-yo-silver!

Roark
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:24pm

@Cal Lawyer - My Visit To The Wasteland (O/T)

This wasteland is California. I was borne here, raised here, went to school here and I swore I would never leave. But a decade ago I woke-up and saw the writing on the wall. I moved to Texas. But this last week I made my yearly pilgrimage back to see family. And the results are in.

California is dead. Not dying. Dead. It is dead like a dead cactus. The roots are dead, and the middle is odiferous mush, but the top part still looks alive in the right light. This is a zombie state. Dead, but with the limbs still twitching.

The roads here are washboards. Seriously, I think the gravel road in my front yard is smoother. Prices are astronomical for basic stuff. ($4.89 for a half gal of milk? Have you lost your mind?). Traffic is insane but everyone tries not to notice. (Commenting on the traffic is taboo. Sorta like having sex in a confessional while a funeral is going on). But the city governments are "helping". And in a big way.

The day before Christmas eve I was helping my father replace a facia board on his house. Routine maintenance, right? A city code inspector pulls up and gave the man a ticket. Why? No permit. For an 80 year old man to replace a single, non-structural facia board you need a fooking permit? You betcha. Cant let just anyone replace a facia board these days. When I inquired as to the permit cost, it was $85. The fine will be at least double that. The board was only $15. Now for the final madness? Inspector Asshole pointed out the ladder I was using wasnt Cal OSHA approved. I pointed out he wasnt OSHA and I wasnt an employee. He pointed out I wasnt the homeowner, and he could make it stick if he wanted too. So I gave dad the "expired and dangerous" ladder, and I got on the "safe and approved" one. That made Mr. Inspector happy.

Insult to injury? This morning the phone rings. Its a contractor "cold calling" to see if Dad needed any repair work done. He volunteered he was a specialist in facia repairs. Cold call my ass. My bet is he was drinking buddies with the inspector and was looking at a copy of the ticket.

At least for me, the verdict is finally in. California is dead. The local PTB have lost their minds an the lunatics are running the asylum.

@Cal Lawyer - You better get packing, and fast. This is beyond repair. California is dead.

Fred Hayek
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:29pm

So . . were there too many orders at LBMA at lower prices?

Is that what just happened? The astonishingly corrupt LBMA told their astonishingly corrupt COMEX partners, "Hey, let the price rise! We can't deal with all the orders at these low price levels!"?

Save_America1st
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:30pm

@Mr. Fix

Thank you for the reply. I had not seen that these were previously posted...hate to double-post things, but it can be hard to keep up with everything that flies through this community sometimes. We post A LOT of stuff! But I think that's what's so great about it. Changing the page limits from 50 posts to 30 posts has also changed how quickly things fly by...before you know it one page has easily hit the 30 limit and it's on to the next round, etc. I'd be curious to know how much time most of us spend going through every page and post on here on a daily, weekly, monthly basis...I bet it's off the charts.

But I found these articles last night and sent them out to my regular email crew first. I've been warning people for several years now about this stuff. And to those who say they just don't see what we're talking about coming true then they just aren't looking closely enough.

This is a vast and very BIG system of propaganda and manipulation. It's been going on for more than just several decades...but hundreds of years, and the powers that be have honed their skills exceptionally well over time to pull the wool over the sheeples eyes, so to speak.

It is in a way very much like The Matrix...the world as 99% of the sheeple see it is just an illusion, but once you wake up you see everything clearly and nothing is ever the same again. That's where I think most of us in this community are at, or if not yet, then our newbies who have found us have started to wake up and they have found one of the best places around to continue waking up and shaking off the matrix that has been pulled over their eyes.

These scumbags running/ruining everything around us feel like they're finally at the point where they can really crank down on us with impunity...there is no law to protect us anymore in their minds. So things are exponentially speeding up. Maybe that's why others can't see what's happening...either it was too cloaked for them to see before or now it's just moving too fast for them to see. I don't know...maybe it's just severe cases of "Normalcy Bias". But people better wake the F up soon, because I don't think it will be long before what the DHS guy says starts to play out hard core on the streets of America. Martial Law, etc.

It's going to be much worse from here on out before it ever starts to get better. I hope even those of us who know what's up and are prepared/preparing are also mentally and physically prepared as well as supply-wise prepared, because it could take decades to win this fight and undo the massive damage that has been done to our Republic.

I'm in it to win it...

I Run Bartertown
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:30pm

Not to 100% discount

what any DHS insider might reveal, but if they are .gov agents, then they probably suffer from the same delusions of competence and importance that most .gov drones do...take this part:

"And the preparations are these: DHS is prepositioning assets in strategic areas near urban centers all across the country. Storage depots. Armories. And even detainment facilities, known as FEMA camps. FEMA does not even know that the facilities are earmarked for detainment by executive orders, at least not in the traditional sense they were intended. By the way, people drive by some of these armories everyday without even giving them a second look. Commercial and business real estate across the country are being bought up or leased for storage purposes. Very low profile."

OK, what kind of imbecile develops elaborate plans for gun confiscation using all sorts of 'outside forces'..only to stash arsenals in random, undefended (seriously, I mean) commercial properties. So you outlaw my crappy semi-AK-clone make me an outlaw, then you pile up a full auto arsenal in the strip mall down the block...sorry sucker...looks like it's time to reclaim my taxes in the form of goods...

The .gov won't be any better at implementing martial law than they are anything else...incompetent, unemployable, affirmative-action losers at every level...and yes, I mean the new fruity military too...

indosil
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:35pm

Intriguing

$ index rising..market tanking...Gold & Silver rising...so the markets are playing drop dead in front of the bear....smoke signals being sent to avoid the fiscal cliff???....Dow now down a cool 113 pts

agNau
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:41pm

Gold & Silver ARE money.... confirmed.....

rising metals, rising fiat!

ballyale
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:49pm

Re: A lesson from history : Decline of the Ottoman Empire

Excellent video. However, it didn't mention that with the discovery of the spice islands, and India, and how the Ottoman's no longer had a monopoly on the Eastern Asia trade.

<<Lost Trade, Oppression and a Weak Middle Class

World trade shifted from the Mediterranean Sea and from overland routes between the West and East. Piratical violence on the Mediterranean Sea was rampant and hurting economies connected to trade across that sea. The Muslims had been world traders, but the bulk of world trade was bypassing the Middle East and transit across Muslim lands. The British and Dutch were sailing the Atlantic and Indian oceans and taking over trade between northern and southern Europe. Spices from Asia were being shipped by sea directly to Europe, leaving Muslims without a percentage of the profits.>>

My conclusion: The decline was both within and without. Think about it. The video claims that the Europeans bought up much of the "natural resources" of the Ottoman Empire. Other than Egyptian grain and the European portion of the Empire, what natural resources actually resided in the Empire, maybe salt in N.Africa?

The basis of the Ottoman Empire was based on it's centralized position of Byzantium and the trade route from the countries in the Black Sea, the Med. and the overland routes from the East to the West.

Once the Eastern monopoly trade route was broken and no longer profitable in conjunction with the newly capitalized Western Europe with New World gold, it was set,game, match for the Ottoman Empire.

What I thought interesting was how the Ottoman Finance Ministry attempted to deal with the situation. What seemed "rational" like the Fed printing money to "stimulate" the economy (actually a prolongation of Zombie Banks and no productive stimulus)actually made things worse.

I especially like the passage when the Ottoman empire became a consumer society and the attempt to stem inflation, by gov't edit. The first was the false diagnosis of the disease. The second was a dose of economic poison.

If it sounds familiar, it is. The Fed and the Treas. are on similar paths as the Ottomans. There are differences, of course, by they do rhyme.

Harald
Dec 27, 2012 - 12:59pm

@Roark

We had inspectors like that in the Peoples Republic of Minneapolis when I lived there. (I can laugh about it now because (assuming a Lewis Black voice) I NO LONGER LIVE IN THAT F**KEN S***HOLE!!!) They were nasty until some homeowner killed one and buried the body in the woods. Never has a murder victim received such little sympathy. The inspectors backed off a little bit for a while after that. Prosecutors probably had trouble finding an impartial jury.

Roark
Dec 27, 2012 - 1:15pm

@Harald

They are all wired alike, aint they! :) If this had been my home, the dialogue likely would have been radically different. But it wasnt my turf, and my father is a very gentle soul, and my hands were rather tied. Still, the thought of teaching this .GOV minion some Texas manners had my hands iching. Not that it would have solved much. In retrospect I think the saddest part of the event was seeing how philosophical Dad was about the whole thing afterwards. He almost apologized for the inspector. He took the beating like a puppy. No outrage. Just that sense of "Christian Suffering" and the belief that it wasnt worth a fight. I think it was at that moment I realized how far we as a nation have fallen. I am not by nature a violent person, but I know I will spend the next week obsessing on how I could have at least taken away the stick.

Patrancus
Dec 27, 2012 - 1:20pm
Byzantium
Dec 27, 2012 - 1:31pm

@ Patranacus

Nope, no likeness there!

rckymtn
Dec 27, 2012 - 1:32pm

The part of the insider where

The part of the insider where he says check the WH visitor logs, how hard is it for him to say who is visiting? I mean I got on that website to see for myself and its like finding a needle in a haystack. Why would this "insider" be so vague when its nothing for him to say: "look, x,y,z, have all visited the WH recently all of whom are radical communists" etc.etc. Instead they remain vague which makes me seriously question the truth to what is being told.

Think it was infowars or some sites that said a large group of people were going to start being arrested by the good guys etc.etc. and then kept pushing it back and back and back until they couldn't lie anymore. Also said there were military in the streets of st.louis with tanks yet none of my friends who lived there or newspaper that I check almost daily mentioned it.

Doesn't mean I don't think this admin are complete idiots and that the dollar isn't going to crash. I could also see the govt preparing for this collapse and the civil unrest that would follow. I just find it very hard to believe there is some massive conspiracy that would have to involve so many people to take over the world and/or US. The coordination of that along with keeping everyone quite would be nearly impossible. Nothing would surprise me at this point though so we'll see. I dont blame anyone for believing this as sadly I could easily see it happening but on the other hand I know there are a bunch of losers out there that have nothing better to do than make crap up and scare people.

Harald
Dec 27, 2012 - 1:41pm

The goons in Stalin's USSR

The goons in Stalin's USSR and Mao's China were pretty stupid too, but they still did a lot of damage.

No one ever accused Idi Amin of being bright.

GoldistheFuture
Dec 27, 2012 - 1:47pm

WOW! That is not comforting. lol

I can’t give you a date. I can tell you to watch things this spring. Start with the inauguration and go from there. Watch the metals, when they dip. It will be a good indication that things are about to happen.

thurd aye
Dec 27, 2012 - 1:48pm

'They were nasty until some

'They were nasty until some homeowner killed one and buried the body in the woods. Never has a murder victim received such little sympathy. The inspectors backed off a little bit for a while after that. Prosecutors probably had trouble finding an impartial jury.''

This sort of illustrates my point. Americans in my eyes at least, have never been wimps.This is why the non-action of these last few years is all the more astonishing to me.

I did think today that the broadcast of the media addresses was perfect. Now a coordinated targeting of these folk would hammer home the point.And the point is ' we will not put up with your bullsh$t, and we are quite prepared to take this further.' By further I mean this. A gentle (or not really gentle)attack. Each militia member takes his sniper rifle and puts a round through one of the media people's windows,all at exactly the same moment.Make it a light off window,and aim high,but make it dangerous none the less. So the people inside are genuinely frightened enough to realize the consequences of f%cking with ordinary folk.

This is physical resistance of a passive nature.If they want more, more is available.

Roark
Dec 27, 2012 - 1:54pm

@Thurd Aye

"...What you speak is treason, and never has something spoken so foul been so sweet upon the ear..." Patrick Henry

El Gordo
Dec 27, 2012 - 2:14pm

Sold some gas

Some guy pulled in to buy some gas from my place of business the other night. He wanted $10 worth and handed me a stack of one dollar silver certificates. He was concerned that I might not take them since they looked funny to him, but I told him that I would take a chance that they were OK. Put them in my pocket and put 10 FRN's into the register. Don't know why I kept them since the well they promise to pay from is probably dry, but I found the entire deal amusing anyway.

SE cpnscarlet
Dec 27, 2012 - 2:36pm

The world would be a much

The world would be a much better place place if families with money were more like the Traceys instead of the Rothschilds. The world would be a much better place if visionaries like Clarke were in charge instead of psychopaths like Obama.

We could have had a better world and we let Gerry down. I am so sorry and I apologize for my nation.

-------------------------

Then get off your damn ass and get busy, Scarlet. I'm tired of waitin'... If you know what needs to happen, then fuckin' make it happen.

Speaking of which, didn't I tell you folks that silver wasn't going to reach $40 by year-end? GODDAMN IT, PEOPLE, prove me wrong! Fuck!... I'm tired of this goddamn waiting.

That said, silver may have a better chance of hitting $40 by this May, but chances are it won't hit $50 until May of 2014. NOT looking forward to waiting this goddamn long. I think that if the third scenario is in store for us, then I'll just say fuck it in September, move out, quit my job, and hit the road. I've had enough.

Keg
Dec 27, 2012 - 2:40pm

I'm not saying it can't happen, but......

The "interview" with the DHS insider was interesting reading but too much general BS without any hard stuff to back it up.

Reality is that they would have take a section at a time, there are just not enough law enforcement officers to kick down doors all over the country at one time. Estimates are 50 million households (about 50% of total households) in the US with firearms. There are 200,ooo DHS employees, 63,000 TSA, 36,000 FBI. That includes executive and admin employees. The first time a TSA employee gets shot trying to take someone's gun away, most of them are going to scatter. Add in 1.1 million local LEOs but how many of them are going to try to enforce orders from Washington? Look what happened during Katrina. New Orleans police did not enforce the laws, some of them were the looters. Others went home and took care of their own families.

The US military can not control the Taliban in Afghanistan and that is country with only 30 million people. Of course here, the rules of engagement may be more favorable to the TSA/DHS/etc. than they are to our military in Afghanistan.

Byzantium
Dec 27, 2012 - 2:55pm

new thread

new thread

Mantis
Dec 27, 2012 - 6:01pm

Sopa revisited

My theory is that these parasites that be dont have ANY cojones. Everything they try pushes against resistance they cannot match. They are spineless, inept and scared because the internet is sheding too much light on their perverse sociopathic schemes.

Here is a reminder how their attempt to control the internet completely failed in 2012

Their attempt to disarm the USA will fail the same way.

They have lost wether they know it yet or not.

The Internet stops the Stop Online Piracy Act

The biggest tech policy story of 2012 was the Internet's decisive defeat of the Stop Online Piracy Act. The legislation was introduced in 2011 and would have forced ISPs and others to participate in a government-run Internet blacklisting scheme. As the year began, the bill's momentum seemed unstoppable. But then on January 18, 2012, thousands of websites went dark to protest the legislation. We at Ars Technica observed SOPA Resistance Day; every story we ran that day made the case for opposing SOPA and PIPA.

The protest was astonishingly successful. The day of the protest, 19 Senators and dozens of House members declared their opposition to the bills, which were abandoned within 48 hours. Interestingly, Republicans outnumbered Democrats among the ranks of new SOPA opponents, suggesting skepticism of Hollywood's copyright agenda on the political right.

The momentum against SOPA and PIPA was so powerful that it also contributed to the defeat of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA). That agreement had already been signed by President Obama in October 2011, but it still needed to be approved in the European Union. Inspired by the success of American copyright reform activists, thousands of Europeans took to the streets to oppose the treaty. One country after another began to express reservations about the treaty, and it was decisively defeated in a July vote by the European Parliament.

The defeat of SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA represent a dramatic shift in the balance of power on copyright. For decades, copyright policy has been driven by special interests with the general public having little influence. But the January 18 protest demonstrated the Internet had matured into a potent medium for grassroots organizing. Sources tell us that almost a year later, members of Congress are still gun-shy about taking up Hollywood-backed copyright legislation for fear of provoking more online protests.

moondog
Dec 28, 2012 - 12:10am

Hypocrites In Hollywood

The folks who make millions off gratuitous violence now want Washington to do something about the bad guns.

Demand A Plan? Demand Celebrities Go F*ck Themselves [Explicit Version]
alan2102
Dec 28, 2012 - 8:05am

Reply to Mr Fix: big paper meltdown? or not?

Mr Fix: "I have no confidence in the “paper price” to go up before there is a systemic collapse."

Just keep in mind that the paper price HAS gone up, a whole bunch, over the past 12 years. About 6X.

Mr Fix: "I see no reason why the “paper price” shouldn't completely collapse, as confidence in the COMEX evaporates. For a while, you may have to sit on your investment, until it all shakes out, but when it is finally repriced, it should look pretty good."

That's the FOFOA-ian apocalypse-now (or -soon) view. Sudden, dramatic paper meltdown, super-hyperinflation, metals to the moon. It might happen that way. Or, it might not. So far, for 12 years, it has not.

I sympathize with the apocalypse-now view because I held it for about 10 years, starting about 15 years ago. Then, I began to reconsider. Still have not come to a firm conclusion. Maybe the incremental bull (like the last 12 years) will continue for another 5 years, or longer.

Mr. Fix
Dec 28, 2012 - 8:29am

@ alan2102

I know that the paper price has continually climbed for the past 12 years, and it sounds like a cliché when I say that this next year is different, but it is. Paper can be created out of thin air, like it can be done with a currency to infinity, and it is only public perception that maintains its value. Un- backed naked shorting is somewhat similar, except for one key item:

those paper shorts are supposed to represent real metal,

it is admittedly somewhat conspiratorial in my thinking, but I am not alone when I say to you that they do not have the metal to back up their contracts.

The day that more people stand for delivery, then the COMEX can deliver, those paper contracts will suddenly lose a lot of their value.

Haven't you heard the saying “if you can't put your hands on it you don't own it?”

I have had some painful experience with silver futures contracts, and in my opinion it is a fraudulent system whose sole purpose is to rip off players , and suppress the price.

My view that the paper price can continue to drop in a default scenario, is not that far-fetched,

but it does appear to be a minority view on this board. I'm not entirely sure why that is,

I guess it simply comes down to for me that paper contracts can be printed out of thin air to infinity,

the actual metal is finite, and when the price is artificially suppressed, shortages will always occur.

maybe I am combining economics with physics, and it may not be proper, but it works for me.

Then there are the powers that be that set up the COMEX.

It was designed to be a fraudulent system from day one, and since it's sole purpose is manipulation, fraud and theft,

not paying off the people who hold contracts, would not bother them in the least.

There, I threw in a little bit of psychology for good measure.

Have a nice day, keep stacking, physical only.

MattMarriott
Dec 30, 2012 - 7:11pm

Talk of crude: Illuminati

Talk of crude:

Illuminati script - the very last chapter: BushClinton and disarm the citizens - The basic facts about what happened since 2007 and is now being finally completed MAKE NO MISTAKE: as soon as "Obama" ends the ONE and ONLY task he will FULLY detonate. Mass slaughter will no longer be restricted to hospitals and homes for elderly The text describes:
- the original script that should be implemented after systemic collapse in July 2007;
- each modified script and the date it was changed.
Descriptions are as if writen at each date: original script and the date that the script was modified.
Example: disarm citizens is now basically completed in Switzerland but that was not yet the case in July 2007.
So the USA is now the only area of Illuminatziland where the ONE and ONLY task MUST be completed.

July 2007 - Original script must be implemented as soon as possible

Reason: systemic collapse in 2007 July, after a period of growing gap between oil demand and oil ouptut causes exponential rise of oil prices.
Systemic collapse drastically reduces demand for oil and its price falls. (1)
Consequence: nazi state must be formally established in Illuminatziland as soon as possible.
Requirement(s): only one. The ONE and ONLY task that still must be completed is to disarm citizens in the last two areas where that did not yet happen: the USA and Switzerland.

More https://www.christianforums.com/t7710564/

4/16 9:15 ET Cap Util and Ind Prod
4/17 8:30 ET Trade Deficit (Feb)
4/18 8:30 ET Retail Sales (March)
4/18 10:00 ET Business Inventories (Feb)
4/19 8:30 ET Housing Starts and Building Permits

4/1 8:30 ET Retail Sales (Feb)
4/1 9:45 ET Markit & ISM Manu PMIs
4/1 10:00 ET Construction Spending (Feb)
4/1 10:00 ET Business Inventories (Jan)
4/2 8:30 ET Durable Goods (Feb)
4/3 9:45 ET Markit & ISM Services PMIs

3/26 8:30 ET Housing Starts (Feb)
3/27 8:30 ET Trade Deficit (Jan)
3/28 8:30 ET Q4 GDP final guess
3/28 10:00 ET Pending Home Sales (Feb)
3/29 8:30 ET Personal Income (Feb)
3/29 8:30 ET Consumer Spending and Core Infl. (Jan)
3/29 9:45 ET Chicago PMI
3/29 10:00 ET New Home Sales (Feb)