Churning

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 - 11:08am

After the fireworks and short squeeze of Friday, the churning trade of today shouldn't surprise anyone. It's a safe bet to expect more of the same tomorrow, too. Maybe even the rest of this week. We'll see. The start of December, however, should certainly bring more excitement.

Until then, we wait. Yes, it was fun to see the pop back on Friday. I was able to use the rally to finally lighten some of my December option positions and I will use any pullback this week to roll into March silver. But, as the opening paragraph states, I'm not expecting much of a sustainable move, one way or the other, this week. The Dec12 gold options and the Dec12 silver options all expire at the Comex close tomorrow. Until then, expect the HFTs and The Cartels to jam price back and forth in an attempt to shear as much fleece from the sheep as possible. Then, on Friday, we have First Notice Day for both contracts. (Remember that FND is the "put up or shut up" day for futures contract holders. By the close Friday, you either have to sell your Dec contract or express your intent to take delivery by placing 100% margin into your account.) Always fearing a delivery crisis, The Gold and Silver Cartels will likely instigate some price weakness in order to discourage anyone considering delivery from actually doing it. Think The Godfather and the horse head in the bed.

Video unavailable

So we're left with a rangebound trade for now. Gold rallied Friday right up to the final resistance line of $1755. We identified that area a few weeks ago as the final stopping point before the next test of the Cartel Maginot Line at $1800. We may not close through $1755 until next week. We may close through there tomorrow. Heck, I don't know. What I do know is this: Gold WILL close through there soon and then it will make another move toward $1800. In December, $1800 will fail and, in early 2013, the stage will be set for a move back to the old alltime highs. There you can expect serious Cartel resistance as their only hope will be to attempt to paint a double top.

Silver is will likely be contained below $35 this week with the option expiration and FND. Next week should be a different story, however, and it will also trade higher in December. I expect the cap/ceiling of $35.50-36.00 to fail this time and The Forces of Darkness will be forced to fall back to the $37-38 area. Sometime in December, they'll fail to hold that area, too, and we'll begin our ascent toward $44.

Dr. Dave Janda kindly invited me onto his radio program yesterday. It was an honor to speak with him and we covered many of the topics near and dear to the hearts of Turdville. Below is a link to the audio. If you don't have time for the entire thing, you should at least be sure to FF to the 16:00 minute mark where Dave plays some audio from Thunderlips that was recorded over two years ago. You'd swear it was recorded last week, instead. What a massive con and charade the CFTC is promulgating. Yuck.

And, finally, today is Cyber Monday!! Please don't forget to visit the TurdMart for all of your holiday shopping needs. Who on your list wouldn't love a TFMR t-shirt?? Seriously...a true gift of distinction! All genuine and authentic Turd merchandise can be found by clicking here: https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/store. Please remember that the site benefits if you are directed to Amazon, too. Any purchase you make at Amazon after arriving there via links from TFMR generates a small commission for little ole Turd.

So, anyway, that's all for today. Go and be happy. Be confident, too. December is going to be a very exciting month and 2013 will truly be historic. Have a great day!

Fr. Bill Bollocks
Nov 27, 2012 - 11:04am

Floating or Scuba Diving?

Bollocks wrote:
My prediction is that it'll be somewhere between 15 and 18 by the end of the day.

But it may go to as low as 9, just to really rub it in, eh?

Sheesh! And I thought I was pessimistic about this kind of thing.

Actually, as it turns out, I've gotten about half my BV stash above water just in time to harvest some of the returns to pay my daughter's university tuition for next semester, so I won't complain.

But, then, I plowed it all back into silver this morning when the price dropped to $33.98 at Netdania. We'll see if I'm floating or scuba-diving by the end of the week! Let's hope I don't meet you at the bottom of the bay counting your Maples. If Ivars is correct, we'll both be sailing merrily.

Horst fertzeltwist
Nov 27, 2012 - 11:09am

Impressive for a single day

Impressive for a single day in turdville- things are heating up!

That has always been a reliable sell signal. Thanks for making me confident in my decision today, hehe.

Bollocks
Nov 27, 2012 - 11:20am

I'm joking Fr. Bill

All very tongue-in-cheek

ancientmoney
Nov 27, 2012 - 11:28am

@Ballyale

"Subsequently, 640,000 of these tungsten blanks received their gold plating and WERE shipped to Ft. Knox and remain there to this day. I know folks who have copies of the original shipping docs with dates and exact weights of “tungsten” bars shipped to Ft. Knox."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind of explains why there has been no audit of U.S. citizens' gold since 1953, and why the German government is not allowed to see their country's tungsten, er, gold reserves . . .

Kirby's theory that GLD holds many tungsten bars also makes sense, as only APs can redeem 100,000 share-baskets for physical--and all APs are in on the scam. So, the little old ladies who want gold exposure go to their brokers, who recommend GLD.

I guess they figured since only APs would ever possibly access GLD, their dirty secret was safe.

Bollocks
Nov 27, 2012 - 11:31am

The Revolving Door from the Pentagon to the Private Sector

I saw this on the Daily Bail blog. See where your tax dollars are being spent...

Strategic Maneuvers - The Revolving Door from the Pentagon to the Private Sector
DayStar babaganoush2307
Nov 27, 2012 - 11:37am

Cup and Handle

babaganoush2307, I have reported on this humongous cup and handle formation a couple of times in Harvey over the last two years, and each time I have gotten responses like it was just too long term to be meaningful. I wonder about this since you find fractal patterns in economic data. I don't know if these objectors have a valid point, but there certainly were objections on that ground. Personally, I believe that larger scale chart formations more reliably reflect the underlying fundamentals than the short term manipulated charts do. So, my thinking is that this chart is very significant. Based on this chart, the fundamentals of silver supply, and futurist predictions, I think the gold/silver price ratio may surpass 1.0 in the next few years.

DayStar

5/20 7:00 pm ET CGP speech
5/22 2:00 ET FOMC minutes
5/23 9:45 ET Markit PMIs

TWELVE Goon speeches through the week
5/15 8:30 ET Retail Sales and Empire State Manu. Idx.
5/15 9:15 ET Cap. Ute. and Ind. Prod.
5/16 10:00 ET Housing Starts and Philly Fed
5/17 10:00 ET Consumer Sentiment

5/9 8:30 ET US Trade Deficit
5/9 8:30 ET Producer Price Index (PPI)
5/10 8:30 ET Consumer Price Index (CPI)