Silver to $44

Tue, Aug 9, 2011 - 9:53pm

In the past 24 hours, we can now count four, separate attempts at the 1770 level by the December11 gold contract. We can also count four, immediate Cartel actions to hammer price back down. However, the lows are getting higher and the pressure is mounting. Will the Forces of Evil be able to contain gold through the night and into tomorrow or will they again be forced to retreat to higher ground? I suspect we will know very soon.

Take a look at these three December gold charts. I've tried to draw the same trendline on each. Note the savagery of the beatdowns as gold eclipses 1770. Santa warned us weeks ago that The Cartel also knows that 1764 is a very significant level and will thus defend it vigorously. They have and they are. Will they be successful? You'll know by following the trendline I've drawn and watching the triangle close. If I had to guess, our Asian friends also see this chart pattern and they will make a run at putting the EE into a submission hold later tonight. We'll see. It will be great theater.

paper_8-9latepmgold3.jpgpaper_8-9latepmgoldh.jpg

paper_8-9latepmgold15.jpg

Now, what I really wanted to talk about this evening is silver. I've scoured the internet for the most reliable and accurate analysis of today's events. I of course found it at Trader Dan's site. Please take a moment to read it and then come back. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Ahh, glad you're back. OK, where was I? Oh yea...silver. I've lifted the most important chart that Dan posted and re-printed it below. (Thanks, Dan!)

snapshot-831.jpg

Notice that the CCI has averaged one big drop per month for the past five months. Each drop has lasted from 4-7 trading days and has been followed by a rather significant rally. The current drop just finished its fifth day and, with all of the hubbub from The Fed today, is almost assuredly going to bottom tomorrow if it didn't already bottom today. Anyway, my point is...we're about to see another 2-4 week rally in all of the commodities. Yes, copper, crude and the grains are going to rally. More importantly, I think we can feel very confident that silver is not going much lower, if at all. In fact, I bet we saw the lows today, in the beatdown on the Globex. So, from here, what can we expect? Given that silver rallied almost 25% in July, during the last CCI rally, I think a reasonable target for silver is $44 before Labor Day.

Adding to the ammunition are the utterly amazing OI numbers in silver. The latest numbers are basis Monday and show a total open interest of just over 114,000 contracts. We almost certainly lost a few more today. For perspective, the last time OI was this low was late June...right about the time the CCI bottomed!

So, there you go. I may look like a complete fool by this time tomorrow. Rigged and manipulated markets can do that to you. But, I'm sticking with it. $44 silver by Labor Day.

Have a great evening!! TF

10:05 am EDT UPDATE:

I do not have a new post this morning for two reasons:

1) I want to leave this current post as the "main story" for most of the day.

2) I'm busy watching an epic and breathtaking battle in the Dec11 gold contract.

As I type, our side is winning but just barely. Watch the 1780 level very, very closely. Above there, The Cartel will be forced to give up and retreat to safer ground. It looks almost certain that this is going to happen. As I watch the order flow, the bids are very strong and unrelenting. The chart looks like it's about to squeeze them, too.

paper_8-10amgold15.jpg

I've got a last of 1777. Stay close and keep your fingers crossed! TF

11:50 EDT UPDATE:

The global stampede of investors rushing into the safety of a 6000-year old currency has completely overrun The Cartel's defensive positions between 1770 and 1780. I have a last of 1789 in the Dec11. If headlines don't change in the next six hours, expect explosive gains in the overnight Asian trade, too. Personally, I'm darn glad I took off my spreads yesterday and went "open-ended". Looks like lots of gains to come!

Speaking of which, isn't it great to see silver participating...FINALLY! The chart below was printed before the recent surge through $39. Keep the faith. Silver looks great!

paper_8-10amsilv.jpg

More as conditions dictate. TF

1:05 EDT UPDATE:

30 minutes to go on this historic day. Gold is $20 off its highs but I'm not at all concerned. In fact, the chart below might be one of my all-time favorites. All of the smarty-pant shorts who had faith that their evil Cartel buddies could hold the line at 1780 just got smoked! HAHAHA! Rather predictably, the "market" has given back the $20 it added on the back of the short's pain and that's OK. Nothing has fundamentally changed and its looking more and more likely that we'll head into the overnight session with " a lotta mo", just like Mr T!

Clubber Lang - Best Scenes! (From Rocky III, Mr. T)

paper_8-10amgold3.jpg

Full update soon. TF

treefrog Mikey · Aug 10, 2011 - 3:51pm

mikey

howdy neighbor!

looks like we have a "cluster" forming.

Mikey treefrog · Aug 10, 2011 - 3:57pm

How do sir? Does appear that

How do sir? Does appear that way. Good to know.

Mudsharkbytes · Aug 10, 2011 - 4:03pm

@Tom L

Thanks for the Chickens link - we've been interested in this for a long time. Neighborhood association rules forbid it, but I've heard that city rules, which allow 'em here, preclude any neighborhood association rule to the contrary.

We've wanted to put solar panels on our house too, but NA rules won't allow 'em on the street side of your house. Since ours faces due South, the street side is the ONLY side.

I'm thinking seriously about being a NA rules scofflaw and go for both the chickens & the solar panels!

Terabyte · Aug 10, 2011 - 4:08pm

Several days ago someone

Several days ago someone posted a video of a fellow doing a chart analysis to demonstrate one of the EE raids based on the instant volume. If anyone has that handy I'd sure appreciate if you would repost it. Thanks

TheGoodDoctor California Lawyer · Aug 10, 2011 - 4:10pm

@Cali Lawyer Foreclosures as

@Cali Lawyer Foreclosures as Rentals

Who pays the taxes on these foreclosures as rentals?

This will be difficult to do unless you have a job in the area the house is in. Otherwise everyone will be on welfare/food stamps. Some of these houses, no one will want to live in.

Frontal Labottleme Terabyte · Aug 10, 2011 - 4:25pm

chart

I think you're talking about brotherjohnf on youtube

Bay of Pigs · Aug 11, 2011 - 4:10am

POG is still a joke

Just came from a bar where everyone was quizzing me on gold. Nobody holds an ounce at all and says it's "really expensive" now, blah, blah, blah...

$2000 is certain. Probably much, much higher after that. They all thought I was totally crazy.

We're on our own friends. Accept it, and go with it.

Monedas · Aug 22, 2011 - 12:01pm

The Fiat Socialist Pigs won't lose !

The Evil Keynesian Empire will buy all the Gold they need ! $2000 an ounce is like 10 cents an ounce for the beneficiaries of hot fiat ! Their panicky stampede will propel prices into the stratosphere.......and they have all the money ! French revolution. Russian revolution, Chinese revolution.......the same pigs come out on top ! If you sell PMs you are selling to them for fiat ! Why reward the ones who have lived high on Socialist pyramid and facilitate their move to the new world order ? Monedas 2011 Comedy Fatwas Issued While You Wait !

Bull raulv · Aug 22, 2011 - 8:50pm

Baby just woke

I don't know about you guys but I only bonk females of the human species.

I also avoid psychopaths while sober.

11/20 8:30 ET Housing Starts