Silver to $44

Tue, Aug 9, 2011 - 9:53pm

In the past 24 hours, we can now count four, separate attempts at the 1770 level by the December11 gold contract. We can also count four, immediate Cartel actions to hammer price back down. However, the lows are getting higher and the pressure is mounting. Will the Forces of Evil be able to contain gold through the night and into tomorrow or will they again be forced to retreat to higher ground? I suspect we will know very soon.

Take a look at these three December gold charts. I've tried to draw the same trendline on each. Note the savagery of the beatdowns as gold eclipses 1770. Santa warned us weeks ago that The Cartel also knows that 1764 is a very significant level and will thus defend it vigorously. They have and they are. Will they be successful? You'll know by following the trendline I've drawn and watching the triangle close. If I had to guess, our Asian friends also see this chart pattern and they will make a run at putting the EE into a submission hold later tonight. We'll see. It will be great theater.

Now, what I really wanted to talk about this evening is silver. I've scoured the internet for the most reliable and accurate analysis of today's events. I of course found it at Trader Dan's site. Please take a moment to read it and then come back. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Ahh, glad you're back. OK, where was I? Oh yea...silver. I've lifted the most important chart that Dan posted and re-printed it below. (Thanks, Dan!)

Notice that the CCI has averaged one big drop per month for the past five months. Each drop has lasted from 4-7 trading days and has been followed by a rather significant rally. The current drop just finished its fifth day and, with all of the hubbub from The Fed today, is almost assuredly going to bottom tomorrow if it didn't already bottom today. Anyway, my point is...we're about to see another 2-4 week rally in all of the commodities. Yes, copper, crude and the grains are going to rally. More importantly, I think we can feel very confident that silver is not going much lower, if at all. In fact, I bet we saw the lows today, in the beatdown on the Globex. So, from here, what can we expect? Given that silver rallied almost 25% in July, during the last CCI rally, I think a reasonable target for silver is $44 before Labor Day.

Adding to the ammunition are the utterly amazing OI numbers in silver. The latest numbers are basis Monday and show a total open interest of just over 114,000 contracts. We almost certainly lost a few more today. For perspective, the last time OI was this low was late June...right about the time the CCI bottomed!

So, there you go. I may look like a complete fool by this time tomorrow. Rigged and manipulated markets can do that to you. But, I'm sticking with it. $44 silver by Labor Day.

Have a great evening!! TF

10:05 am EDT UPDATE:

I do not have a new post this morning for two reasons:

1) I want to leave this current post as the "main story" for most of the day.

2) I'm busy watching an epic and breathtaking battle in the Dec11 gold contract.

As I type, our side is winning but just barely. Watch the 1780 level very, very closely. Above there, The Cartel will be forced to give up and retreat to safer ground. It looks almost certain that this is going to happen. As I watch the order flow, the bids are very strong and unrelenting. The chart looks like it's about to squeeze them, too.

I've got a last of 1777. Stay close and keep your fingers crossed! TF

11:50 EDT UPDATE:

The global stampede of investors rushing into the safety of a 6000-year old currency has completely overrun The Cartel's defensive positions between 1770 and 1780. I have a last of 1789 in the Dec11. If headlines don't change in the next six hours, expect explosive gains in the overnight Asian trade, too. Personally, I'm darn glad I took off my spreads yesterday and went "open-ended". Looks like lots of gains to come!

Speaking of which, isn't it great to see silver participating...FINALLY! The chart below was printed before the recent surge through $39. Keep the faith. Silver looks great!

More as conditions dictate. TF

1:05 EDT UPDATE:

30 minutes to go on this historic day. Gold is $20 off its highs but I'm not at all concerned. In fact, the chart below might be one of my all-time favorites. All of the smarty-pant shorts who had faith that their evil Cartel buddies could hold the line at 1780 just got smoked! HAHAHA! Rather predictably, the "market" has given back the $20 it added on the back of the short's pain and that's OK. Nothing has fundamentally changed and its looking more and more likely that we'll head into the overnight session with " a lotta mo", just like Mr T!

Clubber Lang - Best Scenes! (From Rocky III, Mr. T)

Full update soon. TF

BagOfGold Tesla
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:11pm

Tesla...

My neck is sore!...Please turn "that picture" around...I can't read it!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Shill
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:12pm

60.38

On my ticker DPH :)

@ Ginger .....Gotta watch the greed though.... :)

Greed is good for us Plebs lol :)

treefrog
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:12pm

tom l

if you decide to go that way, let me know. live oak's not that far. have welder, will travel. i've had that idea for a long time, but i don't really need a barn. it would be a helluva fun project, tho.

Shill
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:13pm

THIS !!

THIS FUKING THING IS PLOWING THROUGH 60 LIKE A HOT KNIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 10, 2011 - 2:14pm

Govt Foreclosures as Rentals

Me and DPH called this one early.

Watch it play out:

(1) Barry does teleprompter press conference;

(2) Reading from teleprompter, Barry announces new govt program to help the unfortunate;

(3) Massive rental subsidies, in the form of low or free rent, given to those folks in critical electorate states, like Ohio, etc.;

(4) In conjunction with Barry's efforts, a stealth package is passed in congress which forgives all past misdeeds of everyone connected with the mortgage securitization process, such as big banks, servicers, etc., which then allows them to move swiftly on foreclosures;

(5) GSE's and other TBTF banks begin foreclosing relentlessly, then in turn dump these new REO's to the NEW GOVT AGENCY in charge of renting out these foreclosed homes;

====> Result is another massive govt bureaucracy and govt subsidies, under the guise of "helping out" and which will be claimed to "save" money.

This WILL happen by the end of the year, and will be a priority, to save Barry's chances at reelection.

¤
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:14pm

Blew past $60

GDX...how cool is that shill? Love these types of days.

I just talked to my dad last night about Silvercorp but I didn't push it. Damn!

Tom L treefrog
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:16pm

@treefrog

I'm in High Springs, but sure. Thanks for the offer, man. It is greatly appreciated. You and my father-in-law... have welder will travel.

*bow*

Ta,

Tesla
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:17pm

=]

(let me know if you start to get a headache)

Frontal Labottleme
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:17pm

@ginger re Hecla

lol.. i know the feeling. I neglected to mention that "on my list" actually meant I had something similar (severely red calls) and couldn't stand seeing them stare up at me every day so I sold. I hate it when these things go to ZERO and you have to see them everyday right up until expiration! Ugh! However I've been wanting to get back in ever since.

ewc58
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:18pm

Now this is getting silly

Yamana + 15.11 =

Sucka was just up 426% but it slipped back to only 407.

I can deal.

Vypuero DeltaCharlie
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:19pm

Idiotic Statement

"Gold is a fine trade, but gold is hardly 'safe.' Safety to use means a price that is stable, and gold is anything other than stable these days," he said.

It is not GOLD that is unstable, but the FIAT currencies it is currently being measured against!

Shill
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:20pm

2:14p BREAKING Gold settles

1. 2:14p

BREAKING

Gold settles 2.4% up at record $1,784.30 an ounce

tankerfirstofficer
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:20pm

@robreke re: broken parabola...

Unlike silver, central banks around the world buy gold. I cannot imagine a realistic exogenous event that would cause the yellow metal to retrace 30% at this point. I could be wrong, and the market does have an uncanny way of humbling even the best of us, but I simply don't see this happening at this point.

We are rushing headlong into the abyss (we cleared the guardrail a while ago). In the extreme situation, both metals are worth holding. Their worth -- when measured in fiat -- will skyrocket proportionally when the plug gets pulled on the USA in my opinion.

You are correct to be cautious though... however, don't ignore the fundamentals of the situation: The powers that be are now committed to a situation that makes things WORSE, not better. That can only spell increasing metals prices in the mid- and long-term. As Turd is fond of saying, anything can happen in the short-term -- and probably WILL.

Best wishes... hang tough.

Hard Rain
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:20pm

Turd's $44 Silver Call

...just netted me 40 ASE's.

Traded a 1000 shares each of PSLV and SVM (based on his call). Quick gain of about $1800. Turned it around right away to ASE's.

Turd is changing people's lives in a meaningful way. His generosity is beyond compare.

Gotta go 'Feed the Turd'

Rain

Vypuero
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:22pm

bough back into copper and crude

At very low prices - a "Granny" sale methinks. I think they bottomed.

ewc58
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:22pm

LOL Tezz

Hey BOG, don't let any gold fall out of your bag while you're like that

Mr. Gneiss, quick, be her spotter!

Tom L ewc58
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:24pm

EWC

I just sold my OCT 18's to take some off the table. Almost put a short on in sept $13's at the same time, but I'm not comfortable with that. That profit paid for my Jan 12 calls and then some. So, they're free money and currently 3 baggers.

Ta,

Tesla
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:27pm

Don't worry BoG I'll pick em up for ya'

(I'm shaking my screen up and down right now)

BagOfGold Tesla
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:27pm

Tesla...

Have you got a Tylenol & some eye drops?...My mascara is running...from LMAO!?...

Bag Of Gold

Shill
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:28pm

Awsome Ginger

Last sale of .26 ginger. Now if we can get more action and a green DOW this will push miners and related shares through new highs for sure.

lets stay vigilant.

Cheers

Larry
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:34pm

GDX to 78

Was on the charts and should have happened last year... but fundos and charts don't include massive manipulation of the entire sector. Now that the Cartel is on it's heels we're going to get there soon enough.

ewc58
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:35pm

Gold says

"I got lotsa Mo, Balboa' LOTSA Mo. You too Gensler, Geithner and Berstank, ya hear me??? Buncha damn sissy boys, I'm'a bitch slap all y'all."

Great clip Turd. Mr. T sure looked fierce in his first appearance on the silver screen when I first saw it back in the day. Dude was CUT UP bigtime, especially back then. So glad he's a cancer survivor, in real life he's as sweet as they come in Hollywood.

And Tom L: you Sir are livin' large. Way to go.

BagOfGold Tesla
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:37pm

Tesla...

Okay...I've had enough now!...Please stop shaking me...or my friend will be paying you a visit!!!...

Mr Pregnant Prank Calls The Dentist "BAD TEET" "America's Health Care Exposed"
ginger
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:39pm

When I bought these calls,

When I bought these calls, Shill, I split my paltry few fiat papers between 25 gdx calls and 10 hl calls. (I only had about $500) ....As I said to Labottleme.. I am underwater with the hl while those OTM gdx's are shining. ....And my hl was much closer to being in the money ...go figure!

Yes.. I'm watching. I'm not good at timing any of this ..but thinking to let this ride this week (?) at least ...and then see what re-entering would look like after the smackdown I think is coming later in the month. ..Anyway.. ....I probably sound like I don't know what I'm talking about. ......and there might be a really good reason for that. :D

Thanks for 'being' there.

Miners do look better today.. ..They are easier for me. ..buy & hold...

Labottleme, yes.... I *hate* the red stuff staring at me and I just want them to take it off my screen. lol.

Edit to add: ..Tesla.. you make me lol.

Tesla
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:39pm

I stopped a while ago... (Your eyes will catch up in a minute)

Thats hell-scarius... Ahahaha!!! (but disturbing)

Tom L
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:43pm

Whew!

Got out of those MFN Aug $16's at $0.515. Paid $0.20.

AUY look tired in the near term (15 min) Put a small hedge on. Sept $12's at $0.17.

We'll see how that works out.

Ta,

¤
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:46pm

ewc58

Are you having fun yet???

Sounds like a very good day my friend

Tom L
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:47pm

TRX

If TRX refuses to move, I'm going to take what they give me and accumulate OTM calls now. They just look too much like free money waiting for someone to pick up and run with.

That person might as well be me.

Ta,

ginger
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:47pm

Thanks Shill.. ...will hold

Thanks Shill.. ...will hold and see how it keeps looking. ...May ride it out a much longer time into the Fall even.. ...I don't think this will be a losing trade this Fall.. .....would maybe like to hold these and just add on any smackdown later.

Off to work (which I should be doing while I'm staring at my accounts) ...see y'all..

Shill
Aug 10, 2011 - 2:48pm

Ginger

Miners have been riding the DOW down all this time, we finally have a decoupling from the market ( I hope ). During DOW declines miners have followed, so if as I noted above, we can get a green DOW we ( miners ) will move much higher. As Larry noted we should already be $18 bucks higher. but that is not the case. Do what is best for you in your personal situation. If quick gains are it take the money and run.

Me Ill gamble a little longer lol.

Cheers to you.

5/20 7:00 pm ET CGP speech
5/22 2:00 ET FOMC minutes
5/23 9:45 ET Markit PMIs

TWELVE Goon speeches through the week
5/15 8:30 ET Retail Sales and Empire State Manu. Idx.
5/15 9:15 ET Cap. Ute. and Ind. Prod.
5/16 10:00 ET Housing Starts and Philly Fed
5/17 10:00 ET Consumer Sentiment

5/9 8:30 ET US Trade Deficit
5/9 8:30 ET Producer Price Index (PPI)
5/10 8:30 ET Consumer Price Index (CPI)