Another Parallel

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 - 10:40am

Continuing with the current theme, here's another reprint for you. Party like it's 2011!!

Just six, short days after calling "Turd's Bottom" and issuing a guarantee, (https://tfmetalsreport.blogspot.com/2011/01/1600-gold-by-june-10-2011.html) all looked lost. It was January 27, 2011. Prices had peaked three weeks earlier in the post-QE2 euphoria and now nearly every "maven" was dumbfounded by the continuing weakness. Sound familiar?

So, for today, I invite everyone to go back to "The Watchtower" and review this post:

You'll find all sorts of parallels to today...even references to the sudden appearance of a shadowy "insider" who had begun posting cryptic messages on the Yahoo Finance boards.

Anyway, keep the faith and hang in there. This, too, shall pass.

Gold Dog SRSrocco
Oct 24, 2012 - 1:24am

SRS

If you give me the company you wish to know about I will try to "boil the fat" out of their costs and see if I can't get a little closer to what the actual cost of producing an oz is for you. Dog- Masters in Accounting and MBA I am so smart I make myself sick! LOL

Gold Five
Oct 24, 2012 - 10:29am

There is no conspiracy

With this Chyron stuff. I used to run one at a news affiliate. Amongst other things, I had to furiously type in the latest sports scores during a commercial break while the sportscaster would race in from covering local sport events to do his pants-free report (only the weather guy has to wear pants). "Trousers-free" for you giggling Europeans.

One evening after we did the six o'clock, the producer asked me to type something into the Chyron "just in case" it turned out to be true while I was out grabbing dinner. I expressed my reservations, but in the end I had to type in that OJ Simpson committed suicide during the low-speed chase that was currently going on.

During the Cosby show, Master Control accidentally displayed the crawl text I typed in rather than the lotto numbers that were on another screen.

Stuff like this happens. It's more about incompetence than conspiracy. If anything, the placeholder election numbers perhaps reveal the bias that is pervasive in those that take jobs in the media.

2/12 12:45 ET GCP speaks
2/13 8:30 ET CPI and three Goon speeches
2/14 8:30 ET Retail Sales (December)
2/14 8:30 ET PPI
2/15 9:15 ET Cap. Util. & Ind. Prod.

2/5 8:30 ET Trade Balance