Never Doubt Santa

Tue, Aug 9, 2011 - 4:24pm

Always keep in mind the two warnings that Santa has given us:

1) We are about to experience extreme volatility in gold. Check!

2) $1764 is the Final Frontier and will be vigorously defended by The Cartel. Check!

paper_8-9pmgold1.jpgpaper_8-9pmgold15.jpg

Also, remember the warning that I gave you on Sunday:

For now, no one can predict gold in the very short term. What I do know, however, is that gold will be higher one month from now, three months from now and six months from now. If you must trade, buy yourself plenty of time.

¤ · Aug 9, 2011 - 8:52pm

ZIRP

Nice link Shill, thanks. Just printed it out to read further later on. That guy sounds spot on back then.

Yep, the rhetoric or actions are about to get spoken loudly. I would also have to think at some point S&P might comment on the stated ZIRP aspect of that FOMC communique.

Their actions might just be a muni downgrade coming to a state and town near me soon no

Bay of Pigs · Aug 9, 2011 - 8:53pm

$1764 Angel

4th time hammered down in the last 24 hours. This is getting crazy...you turn away for 5 minutes and WHAM! Then WHOOSH....back the other way.

Save_America1st · Aug 9, 2011 - 8:55pm

@EricO

Thanks man...I said this morning I was gonna do it...I just wish they had had one there for me to bring home. The thing I'm wondering is that since they are ordering it for me, what if I don't like the quality? Those coins are old, so I'm not sure what kind of quality to expect. I don't know what year it's going to be either.

I'm sure it'll be more than acceptable, but I'm just wondering if it's not, should I say anything? I don't want them to think I'm rude if I don't like the quality and they just think I'm being picky. At least with coins in a case I can look them over and decided one way or the other whether to buy it or not.

Do you have any advice on something like that?

Whenever I get it I'll try to snap some real good quality shots of it to show you and see what you think of it, cool?

tallydynasty · Aug 9, 2011 - 8:57pm

Amazing Opportunity!!!

Amazing the opportunity that people have with Silver today as an INVESTMENT/INSURANCE purchase. So many people with TOTAL exposure to their job/life/retirement plans that ALL involve a direct correlation to the US Dollar & US Economy.

Gold & Silver provide that hedge ---- and here is silver sitting here around the 40 dollar mark!!! It makes us all want to scream from the tops of buildings of warnings of what's going on ---- to get IN silver and gold ASAP.........but it doesn't work that way.

Hopefully more and more people will wake up, find sites like this, and start protecting sooner than later.

TPTB (The Powers That Be) aren't going to tip their hat as to the truth of the situation....but we are.

Build that Stack before we are MUCH higher.

Save_America1st · Aug 9, 2011 - 8:59pm

@Survivalwstyle

thanks for the info on those "Turdles" coins (pun intended)...they are proof-like. I bought a roll of Philharmonics from GVille a couple months ago, and those are the same way...mirror-like even. Very nice looking like the Turdles...yeah, I think that's funny, so I did it again. haha

Larry · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:00pm

@DPH

Clash... Joe Strummer. Ahh, the memories. I almost posted that same vid above a little while ago, but went with Strummer's Mesqalito's Johnny Appleseed instead.

Good stuff (not London today... the music).

Economical Disaster · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:07pm

We May Not Have To Worry About ANYTHING Soon

NASA Hiding Approaching Doomsday Space Event

NASA and the European Space Agency have been warning the world for two years about the approaching catastrophes that may unfold during late 2011 through 2012.

Few have been listening.

¤ · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:07pm

Burden In My Hand

Soundgarden - Burden In My Hand
Jimbio · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:10pm

ok guys. I'm feeling better

ok guys. I'm feeling better about silver. Gold took a 20$ hit an hour ago, and silver didn't give a shit, but it rose when gold got back up. Thats a good sign in my book. I dont know, could be the asian markets working. Take from it what you will.

Also, TF, i dont know if you're reading this, but i miss your 1-line "new thread" posts from the old blog :3. It gives that personalized feel y'know.
Thanks for keeping us up to date.

¤ · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:17pm

US Government Monitoring Facebook for Federal Reserve Protests

I've read about the sunspot activity and I can't even let my mind get wrapped around that.

However, this caught my attention.

European American · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:18pm

Silver to $1500 by Feb 2012?

Whether one agrees with this fellows philosophy/perspective or not, if correct, for the silver bug the results would be quite satisfying.

You walk by a grocery store and see a sign for milk at 39 cents a gallon. Curious, you enter the store and walk back to the coolers. To your surprise, you find that the shelves are empty and the store is our of milk. Feeling cheated, you ask to speak to the owner. He casually admits that the franchise he represents made him put up the sign and that he will restock after the sale is over. COMEX, with its dwindling silver stockpiles, continues to artificially suppress the price of silver while gold prices climb. Consider the following: 1. There are only 15 ounces of silver out there for every ounce of gold. This fact alone sets the price for silver at $113.00 per ounce. 2. On April 20, 2011, there were 41 million registered ounces of silver in COMEX depositories. Today that number is around 27 million ounces. That is a 35% decline in inventories in the past few months. Add to this that the people doing the counting are professional liars and you have a real problem. 3. There are about 1.8 million ounces of registered gold left in Comex Depositories, validating the 15:1 ratio with silver. 4. "Spot Price" for Silver is based on futures contracts, in theory. It should accurately reflect supply and demand. Houston, we have a problem. Last time I checked there were outstanding contracts on 440 million ounces of silver. The difference between 27 million ounces registered in Comex depositories is staggerring. 5. Derivatives have destroyed the rest of the market's credibility with JP Morgan and HSBC issuing Short Options on those imaginary ounces of silver to drive down the price. 6. Comex depositories and JP Morgan Chase are both owned by the Rothschilds and Rockefellers. The beneficial owners of the Federal Reserve banks. Their business is paper, and silver is the only rival that paper has left... The rest of the story herehttps://www.moneyteachers.org/Comex+Silver+Disconnect.html
Old Major · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:21pm

Ratio caused me to buy some silver too

Within a month a expect to see silver turn $40 (again) and never look back. 2011 will be the last year to buy silver in the $30's I'm buying again with the gold/silver ratio at 45. Who knows... buying while the gold/silver ratio is in the 40's might also end in 2011.

ogie ogilthorpe Jimbio · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:22pm

Stephen Leeb - KWN - $200 Silver in 24 months

FYI

Good little interview on KWN

Stephen Leeb - Silver to Hit $200 Within 24 Months

Starving Artist · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:26pm

Vancouver stores?

Anyone else in Vancouver BC? Store recommendations for buying bars & coins? J&M on Broadway & Main looks pretty good, but VBCE downtown on Pender is convenient and right next to my bank. Prices don't seem much different. Time for some phyzz.

Eric Original · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:31pm

Save_Am

Might pay to just ask them upfront what their policy is on that. You have a week yet? Call them tomorrow and ask. You are a good regular customer, I'm sure they'll shoot straight with you.

Here's what I would expect though:

Odds are it will be a 1947. They kept on minting them into the 1970's as "restrikes", all with the 1947 date. "Restrikes" are fine. Don't sweat it. Same gold, same everything. Most of the 50 Pesos that are out there are those 1947 restrikes. My 50 is a 1947 restrike. Also, since these restrikes were never really circulated as coins, just put away as investments, they tend to be in really good condition. Could be a little schmutz here or there, but basically a very nice looking coin.

If it's not a 1947, then it's an original, possibly circulated, coin. Actually made in the year that it says. Might be a little rougher shape, but on the other hand it's maybe a little cooler to have the original old coin, right? So it's a trade off. They all go for the same price. Read up on this article, click on all the links for pictures so you know what to expect. And maybe what questions to ask if you call them.

Also, you'll notice in the pics they sometimes have a kind of "orangy" color to them. That's "mint luster" on these coins, and considered a good thing. Means it's never really been handled a lot, or cleaned or buffed, that sort of thing. Doesn't really change the price, but I figured I'd just let you know just in case you'd be put off by it.

dgstage · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:36pm

Siilver Shorts

The trolls on cnbc said the play was to short silver. I would think silver will rocket soon.

Economical Disaster · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:39pm

Don't forget if silver trades above $36 for 60 days....

Since july 13th post..

The Leader is back with a new team and wish to inform you that derivative contracts on silver will be triggered once silver trades above $36 for 60 consecutive days. Let the countdown begin.

At last we will reveal ourselves to the The Morgue. At last we will have revenge.

Tom L dgstage · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:39pm

That's all the Indicator I need

To go long Silver. That's what those jackasses are doing. Talking their book.

Ta,

Slick ogie ogilthorpe · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:41pm

VBCE granville

Is where i get/got most of my horde. I've shopped hi and low in the past and most always keep making my purchases at VBCE. Years ago, ebay was great for getting stuff below spot, but not anymore, too much competition out there now. Some of my best scores were had on ebay, including numismatics. ahh the good old days .

Theres a thread in the forums on places to buy.

PS, I've always found J&M to be over priced, as in higher premiums and overly expensive numismatics

Nigel Black · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:42pm

Dylan Ratigan

I am not sure if this has been posted, but at least someone in the media gets it:

Video unavailable
· Aug 9, 2011 - 9:45pm

I speak Bernankese

Here is my translation of the Bernanke's comments from 8-9-2011

Information received since the Federal Open Market Committee met in June indicates that economic growth so far this year has been considerably slower than the Committee had expected. Indicators suggest a deterioration in overall labor market conditions in recent months, and the unemployment rate has moved up.

Hey, somebody told us that the economy is worse than we said it was! The job market is going down the toilet and even more people don’t have jobs than a few months ago.

Household spending has flattened out, investment in nonresidential structures is still weak, and the housing sector remains depressed. However, business investment in equipment and software continues to expand.

The sheeple are not spending much money, nobody is investing in anything other than houses, but the housing market is still lousy. Hey, businesses are buying more equipment and software. (Too bad they are not hiring).

Temporary factors, including the damping effect of higher food and energy prices on consumer purchasing power and spending as well as supply chain disruptions associated with the tragic events in Japan, appear to account for only some of the recent weakness in economic activity.

We've heard that food and energy cost more (and we still insist that this is only temporary), and all the stuff we used to get from Japan isn’t there anymore because of the tsunami and the world’s worst nuclear disaster. All of that is only part of our economic problem.

Inflation picked up earlier in the year, mainly reflecting higher prices for some commodities and imported goods, as well as the supply chain disruptions. More recently, inflation has moderated as prices of energy and some commodities have declined from their earlier peaks. Longer-term inflation expectations have remained stable.

Yeah, and inflation was getting worse earlier this year, because of higher prices for the stuff you need to live and because Japan is closed for the year. But now, inflation is better because we have been short-selling the crap out of oil and other stuff like energy, metals, and grain futures. So cheer up; inflation is not a problem anymore.

Consistent with its statutory mandate, the Committee seeks to foster maximum employment and price stability. The Committee now expects a somewhat slower pace of recovery over coming quarters than it did at the time of the previous meeting and anticipates that the unemployment rate will decline only gradually toward levels that the Committee judges to be consistent with its dual mandate. Moreover, downside risks to the economic outlook have increased.

Because congress told us to, we are tryng to find people jobs and keep prices the same as usual. Even though we said last time that the economy was going to get better, now we don’t think it will—at least not soon. And we don’t expect people to find jobs as fast either. In fact, things are getting worse!

The Committee also anticipates that inflation will settle, over coming quarters, at levels at or below those consistent with the Committee's dual mandate as the effects of past energy and other commodity price increases dissipate further. However, the Committee will continue to pay close attention to the evolution of inflation and inflation expectations.

We also think that inflation will not be a problem, because we are manipulating energy and food prices lower. But we will keep a close eye on things, just in case it gets out of our control.

To promote the ongoing economic recovery and to help ensure that inflation, over time, is at levels consistent with its mandate, the Committee decided today to keep the target range for the federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent.

Here is what you have been waiting to hear: in order for you to find a good job, and so that business owners will start making profits again, we are going to keep doing exactly what we have been doing for the past two years.

The Committee currently anticipates that economic conditions--including low rates of resource utilization and a subdued outlook for inflation over the medium run--are likely to warrant exceptionally low levels for the federal funds rate at least through mid-2013. The Committee also will maintain its existing policy of reinvesting principal payments from its securities holdings.

In fact, we think things are so lousy that we are going to keep doing what we have been doing for a long time—at least until next year.

The Committee will regularly review the size and composition of its securities holdings and is prepared to adjust those holdings as appropriate.

Never fear, we will let the US government borrow more money that we print to fund federal deficits, if we think it will help.

The Committee discussed the range of policy tools available to promote a stronger economic recovery in a context of price stability. It will continue to assess the economic outlook in light of incoming information and is prepared to employ these tools as appropriate.

We also talked about all the things we could do to help the economy, and we will keep talking about it. We might even try something else.

Voting for the FOMC monetary policy action were: Ben S. Bernanke, Chairman; William C. Dudley, Vice Chairman; Elizabeth A. Duke; Charles L. Evans; Sarah Bloom Raskin; Daniel K. Tarullo; and Janet L. Yellen.

Voting against the action were: Richard W. Fisher, Narayana Kocherlakota, and Charles I. Plosser, who would have preferred to continue to describe economic conditions as likely to warrant exceptionally low levels for the federal funds rate for an extended period.

Our fearless leader, the Bernanke, and 6 of his friends think our plan will work. Three of us think we need to do more of what we have been doing for a very, very long time before things will get better.

Good luck out there!

Slick dgstage · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:45pm

Thats bullish, however, that

Thats bullish, however, that $2500 JPM call the other day gives me pause.

Of course their probably setting everybody up for margin increases in AU

margaritatime · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:51pm

Santa Baby

When gold goes $1764....

Sinclair is that you?

Starving Artist · Aug 9, 2011 - 9:57pm

Thanks Slick, very helpful  I

Thanks Slick, very helpful

I tip my hat to you

aurum argentum · Aug 9, 2011 - 10:12pm

Dylan Ratigan man crush

i'm not gay but i love that guy. he's the only msm person that gets it. or at least is man enough to espouse it. i don't believe there's a god but god bless you Dylan.

dakota15 · Aug 9, 2011 - 10:15pm

Silver Analyst Ted Butler says...

"The monthly Bank Participation Report, also as of Tuesday and published on Friday, confirmed that JPMorgan had increased its net short position in COMEX silver futures by roughly 3,000 contracts over the past month. I would estimate that JPM is now net short 20,000 to 21,000 contracts (100 to 105 million ounces). JPMorgan’s net silver short position on the COMEX is significantly lower than peak levels over the past few years, although it has grown very recently. There is no question that the overall reduction in JPMorgan’s concentrated short position coincides with and, to a large extent, explains the dramatic increase in the price of silver over the past few years. It is clear to me that JPM wants out of its concentrated silver short position and is staging a strategic retreat. Like an army retreating from a losing battle, there is no practical option of sudden disengagement for JPMorgan in silver. Just as a retreating army would be mowed down if it tried to haphazardly run away from the battlefield, if JPMorgan rushed to buy back its remaining silver short position, the price would explode. I would contend that this is further proof that JPMorgan has manipulated the price of silver. That JPM short covering to date has resulted in silver doubling and tripling in price is obvious; that they must still sell additional amounts from time to time to keep from having the price of silver explode is also obvious."

From a thread at Kitco https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=89418

Sabin aurum argentum · Aug 9, 2011 - 10:17pm

Marc Faber on the market in June

I was watching random videos and came across this one from Marc Faber. It would not surprise me if it was posted on the old site. Link skips to a nice little Bernanke dig and then talks about what the next 3 months will show. Very prescient commentary, and here we are.

rock collector metalhead · Aug 9, 2011 - 10:21pm

Re: I don't understand all the hand wringing about silver

Re: "I don't understand all the hand wringing about silver"

Just a thought or two and I don't mean anything impolite by it, but some folks here may have already done most of their stacking (think retiree) and wouldn't mind seeing the next move up.
If I was an old timer who got in before 2003 (We've all seen them at coin shows) I would probably like an end to the theatrics at least as far as EE silver takedowns go.
Or, folks might be fairly heavy in silver miners. These miners have been badly roughed up 3 times (Jan, May and now) in the last 8 months. That's got to be getting old. If silver can simply get back to and stay above 40 reliably, silver miners will get some respect and better valuations.
Or, some hand wringers might own silver related call options with shorter term expirations during a surprise downturn.
That's not to say that I don't understand that there are plenty of folks who are *behind schedule* and they need/want additional time to continue acquiring affordable silver.

ginger · Aug 9, 2011 - 10:24pm

margarita ...that's

margarita ...that's hilarious! :D

ewc58 · Aug 9, 2011 - 10:27pm

If you think gold is flying now, wait for QE3,

Turk tells King World News

Submitted by cpowell on Tue, 2011-08-09 03:48. Section: Daily Dispatches

11:40p ET Monday, August 8, 2011

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold (and Silver):

GoldMoney founder and GATA consultant James Turk, who spoke at GATA's Gold Rush 21 conference in London and whose repeated predictions of a summer explosion in gold are starting to look understated tonight, tells King World News that gold will keep flying for a while, the more so if the Federal Reserve responds to the world market crashes by launching a third round of "quantitative easing." An excerpt from the interview is posted at the King World News blog here:

CHRIS POWELL, Secretary/Treasurer
Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc.

11/20 8:30 ET Housing Starts