Select Stocks Send Signal

Fri, Aug 17, 2012 - 10:43am

Perhaps we have a new acronym on our hands? The SSSS. Yesterday, quite by chance, I noticed that several of the best mining stocks are making 6-month highs. Is this another signal that higher metals prices are right around the corner?

Yesterday afternoon, I opened an app on my phone that is programmed to follow the major indices as well as 15-20 miners. I only opened it to see how the overall stock market was faring (which is something I rarely do) and then I scrolled down to look at a few miners (which is something I do even less). A couple of them caught my eye. I saw GOLD (Rangold) first and noticed that it was pushing 100. Then I noticed AEM (AgNico Eagle) and thought it looked noticeably higher, too. I pulled up charts and saw that they are both at 6-month highs. Wait a minute here. Hold on just a second. Isn't it curious that two, top miners would be moving to new 6-month highs while the metals are still stuck in a trading range?

The last time GOLD was near 100 was last March when gold was near 1700. The last time AEM was $46 was last November, when gold was close to 1750. What does this mean? Beats the crap out of me! But seriously...this could be phenomena specific to these companies...OR...it could be just another sign of the impending resurgence and rally in the price of the metals.

The next question should be: Do any of the other miners look like this? Well, not really. I did find two of our old favorites that are perking up a bit following recent earnings "disappointments" and need to be watched.

And the HUI itself is looking better. I can't give an ALL CLEAR yet but...if the HUI can keep rolling higher and post a few closes over 460...there may finally be reason for optimism in the mining sector.

And, of course, any mention if the term "HUI" here in Turdland comes with the obligatory posting of the SMOKING HOT Carrie Underwood singing about it. (Neo-turdites should know that, to my partially-deaf left ear, "undo it" sounds like "the hui".) (And I'll never understand what she sees in that meathead hockey player.)

Carrie Underwood - Undo It (Official Music Video)

OK, after I wipe off the cold sweat in which I suddenly find myself drenched, it's back to business. In an absolutely stunning development, the metals surged this morning at the open, only to be CAPPED ONCE AGAIN near 1620 and 28.25. Though I know many of you are getting sick of this crap and are dying to see the metals break out, you must remain patient. Fundamentally, gold and silver are extremely strong and, even when left to their own devices, are poised to eventually break out. ( https://stream.marketwatch.com/story/markets/SS-4-4/SS-4-9338/) But, screw that. I don't want to wait much longer so maybe we can begin forcing the issue next week. Until then, here are graphic representations of our current predicament.

And I'm not sure which of these two stories make me feel more nauseous. You'll likely read the NYT story before heading off to barf and then return to watch the video before getting sick again. First up, all of the conniving, criminal thieves at MFingGlobal are apparently set to walk free. Hmmm, I've got an idea. What do you say you and I start an investment firm where we take client money and use it to place huge, extremely risky trades. Then, when it all breaks down and the clients lose their money (which they were told was "safe" and "segregated"), we simply laugh it off as "porous risk controls" and walk away. How do you think that might work out for us? Maybe just a bit differently than it has for the criminal Corzine and his merry band of politically-connected, reprehensible outlaws? https://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/no-criminal-case-is-likely-in-loss-at-mf-global/?hp And don't forget that just last week, your Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals established as precedent that the theft of client funds is now completely legal. God Bless the U.S.A.!

And then there's this. I found this video on ZH last night. It is a time-lapse progression of the ownership makeup of the U.S. treasury market. Note that, in 2003, the Fed had a nearly even ownership across the curve. Watch then how this progresses. Now, the Fed is nearly out of short-term treasuries but they have come to completely dominate everything with a maturity of 3 years to 30 years where they own as much as 70% of the market! Simply amazing. And disgusting! This is America, land of the free and home of the brave where capitalism and free markets create productivity by equitably deciding who wins and who loses. NOT!!!

Fed vs. Private Sector Treasury Holdings

Listen up, you witch. Your days are numbered. We're onto you and soon you and all of your monkeys will be sent scurrying into exile. Perhaps you will be lucky and be allowed the fate of that goon, Corzine. Perhaps not. In the end, it matters little. All that does matter is that the game is ending and you are going to lose.

Drago: You Will Lose

tyberious
Aug 17, 2012 - 7:33pm

@ Prize Fighter

I too am a fan on the block and tackle as well as the incline, also know as the screw :)

Anyway, wiki says, they, the Hunt Brothers manipulated silver , Hahahahaha! More like the gov. screwed them! But yes they did have a very significant amount of physical Ag.

Silver manipulation

Main article: Silver Thursday

Beginning in the early 1970s, Hunt and his brother William Herbert Hunt began accumulating large amounts of silver. By 1979, they had nearly cornered the global market.[6] In the last nine months of 1979, the brothers profited by an estimated $2 billion to $4 billion in silver speculation, with estimated silver holdings of 100 million ounces (6.25 million pounds).[7]

During the Hunt brothers' accumulation of the precious metal, prices of silver futures contracts and silver bullion during 1979 and 1980 rose from $11 an ounce in September 1979 to $50 an ounce in January 1980. Silver prices ultimately collapsed to below $11 an ounce two months later. The largest single day drop in the price of silver occurred on Silver Thursday.[1]

Hunt filed for bankruptcy under Chapter 11 of the Federal Bankruptcy Code in September 1988, largely due to lawsuits incurred as a result of his silver speculation.[1]

In 1989 in a settlement with the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Nelson Bunker Hunt was fined US$10 million and banned from trading in the commodity markets as a result of civil charges of conspiring to manipulate the silver market stemming from his attempt to corner the market in silver.[1] This fine was in addition to a multimillion-dollar settlement to pay back taxes, fines and interest to the Internal Revenue Service for the same period.[1]

boatman
Aug 17, 2012 - 7:33pm

wave 5 in metals nears liftoff

while he is a trader, my TA prof has it right......and its nice to see something sooo positive from a guy that watches ALL asset classes:

Most of our gold and silver stocks also had a nice day yesterday. All I’m doing now is watching to see IF the indicators start to turn positive. Some of the PT indicators actually turned positive yesterday.

silver is a good example. It has a beautiful Wave 4 triangle pattern that has taken over a year to develop. If I’m right about silver, it should start to move above its 200 ma currently located near the 29.50 level. And IF it does then it would confirm that the turn around in the metals has begun. You don’t have to be right about everything in the markets. All you have to do to be successful is to be right about a few things, and then be on the right side of those major moves. This is why I’m watching the metals so closely now. They could be ready to make a major move to the Upside. Not a little move…a BIG MOVE. A move with power behind it. A move that can last a long time.

¤
Aug 17, 2012 - 7:34pm

"Why Tungsten Gold Is Necessary & Tolerated"

Why is the tungsten/gold issue being tolerated and dealt with silence so far? You would think it would be freaking many people out in the bullion/investing world given the size of GLD and other large funds that deal with gold bullion on a massive scale everyday.

And what of CB's and sovereigns who hold gold abroad in other people's vaults? Aren't they nervous or asking questions about possible tungsten gold? Why not? Maybe to not rock the boat too much because if gold becomes a doubted asset were all screwed big time especially if the CB's are depending on it going forward with Basel III and whatever monetary changes happen going forward based on gold as being collateral. Silence on the subject and the believability of gold bars being actual gold seem crucial. Believability/trust in it is crucial. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I'll preface this by saying this is not what I think is going on right now or that this 'idea' will happen but that it could very well be possible and happen given the upside down world we live in where some previously held beliefs on conspiracy/alternative theory is turning into fact right before our eye's on an almost daily basis. I think most of us realize by now that everything in the world and in the markets/economy are not just fine and dandy and that something much bigger has been going on collectively for quite some time that we all seem to recognize as a steered market and society in many regards and that some free will or a free market isn't what is being allowed to take place at times. Is there an actual market right now? Read here from yesterday. https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/118283#comment-118283 I think it's important to be able to think outside the box during these times because the obvious or traditional way of thinking and that bias is easy to grasp and is safer to most people to hang onto (not Turdite's) then considering some things that go so against the grain that they would greatly bother most people. I think whatever radical and necessary changes happen in the global monetary system will be born of such great anxiety and fear that whatever moves they make will only simply need to be made believable and desirable because the consequences will be greater if they don't. At that point, the vast majority of the planet will willingly and gladly accept whatever plan they come up with. We have no choice anyway and whatever it is will be better than no plan at that point. This is where the believability and necessity part comes in and also the mutual willingness and co-operation for the CB's and major sovereign Govt's that hold most of the worlds gold that also have the worlds largest GDP that have the most to lose or gain by simply co-operating. In a world where gold is supposedly (we know the opposite) not used to the extent that TPTB claim it is in trade and to the gigantic extent that they have used paper fiat money, paper CDO's, paper derivatives and contracts and other instruments of debt to create something from nothing, it would seem that gold would be greatly desired over any of that paper money or instruments. Of course it would and it will be with Basel III by next year (1-1-13 possibly). We know of the finite nature of gold and that only so much is available and above ground and that only so much in an ever diminishing world of resources that significant quantities of it can't be be mined fast enough. This is where SRSrocco would come in handy with his charts and knowledge on what's thought to be above ground and the annual mining production vs. what the sovereigns are thought to hold minus what gold is used for in other applications that would be left for the sovereigns to buy/keep/confiscate etc. that would add to their hoards. There is only so much gold left for the sovereigns to purchase...or so we thought. When I hear of figures for gold that range from it going to $5000 and maybe $10-15k etc. it sounds very possible and reasonable in this world and market we live in because of debt and not enough trustworthy capital or collateral to go around. When I read at FOFOA (not a slam, just an example) and other places about $55,000 gold I think "Wow, sounds great to me!" But I also realize that $55,000 is what the amount of gold divided by the worlds debt etc and that's how the figure is presented to cancel out the debt. All fine and good except that $55,000 gold is going to probably mean $100 loaves of bread and other hyper inflationary examples that you can extrapolate examples of. I don't see the Govt.'s anytime too soon going to a $55,000 oz of gold monetary policy to base their currencies off of. It would be too radical of a departure from what was managed and tamped down for over a century in America at least. It would admit manipulation and everything else to the highest degree and $55,000 gold would simply signal a giant collapse. They've been pretty good about managing everyone's expectations and view of the economy for quite awhile and the MOPE has been in place for so long to such a degree that they could easily manage what I'm about to postulate 'outside of the box'. Keep in mind what I said in the beginning about how I view this possibility as not actually happening now or eventually. Its only a possibility. And who would be better at managing the myriad possibilities or seemingly counterintuitive elements of this entire centrally planned and computer managed mirage that has been going on for decade upon decade from the 1800's to today that we call a market? The same people who learned from their predecessors in the same business and Govt structure about MOPE and the element of believability and the means to pull it off. So, how do you get gold from not having to be priced at $55,000 at ounce given the fact that there is only so much? Only so much can reasonably and predictably be extracted from the ground on an annual basis going forward and only so much can reside in the sovereigns reserves at this moment. So how do you get more gold bars then what's available? If the worlds most powerful people have believed in and used paper money to settle most debts and transactions for centuries, or for digital electronic bits of information for electronic accounting methods fairly recently (40 years?), would these same people who use paper for everything not be ok with using gold that has tungsten in it if that dilution of the real product enabled them to create far more bars from less gold thus giving the appearance and physical ability to be able to claim that they actually have more bars than could otherwise be procured or bought in a real market? There simply is not enough, right? However, if they actually all agreed to accept others bars of gold with an agreement to look the other way (not assay) and just use the bars and the weight from it to represent gold it would work. You see, they're all in the same boat and if your the very same people that have controlled the banking industry and you know there is not enough gold to go around that might not allow your banking/gold scheme to continue, would you be the one to crash the system in place? You accept it just like you gladly accepted all of that worthless paper for all types of business that you transacted that got you to this point. Keep in mind that they do not want $55,000 gold nor $100 loaves of bread or $1000 barrel oil so what they'll need to do is create more gold or the appearance of it. None of their gold is audited and nor will it ever be allowed to be so or assayed. It only needs to be believable by necessity and then they'll move on with their new monetary policy with a gold angle to it. They just don't have enough and they need more, period. They'll get it one way or another. I have to be honest with you. If that's what it took (turning a blind eye to the tungsten gold) and we all had $10-15,000 dollar gold instead of $55k gold I'd be fine with whatever they have to do to accomplish that because the thought of $100 bread and other crazy things isn't appealing to me. Plus, we will not have a choice in it nor will it ever be proven that all the gold bars might not exist or be real. Isn't that what lots of people already think going back decades? So that's why I ask and wonder why the silence about the tungsten gold is not really mentioned from what I can see the way you would think. Will it ever be an issue? I don't know and really don't care as long as my stack (and yours) swells enough so that we feel like we got a fair shake and are preps paid off. Whatever the CB's/ Govt.'s want and need to do so that the world around us doesn't truly crash and that we don't have to buy $100 ($500?) loaves of bread is fine with me. Isn't that what's going on already? It only needs to be believable and implemented and I'm good with it just like every other situation that has arose from a monetary crisis situation over history. $10-15,000 gold would not bum me out if things remained fairly 'normal or stable' lifestyle wise and they were using tungsten bars just for show. I could care less just as long as my stack wasn't tungsten I could care less how they derive the price for their bars as long as it's upwards. $55,000 gold does not leave a lot of reasonable room for price expansion for them unless they plan on everyone living in a hyperinflationary Twilight Zone. The way to avoid that is to have more gold bars and having bars that are 50% tungsten (not all of them) would lead to an eventual doubling of their purported supply of new %50 or less gold/tungsten bars available and at least a halving of that $55,000 number. It might be preposterous but you have to wonder what's possible at this point in this situation where they find themselves at. There is simply not enough gold and $55k is not an option. What seems more preposterous? TPTB using paper promises all these years and trusting each other with that system or one where at least they all are getting gold in some form that they know is gold of a certain content but more importantly, it's bar of gold that they can point to as verifiable if albeit unaudited. There's a reason why GLD/SLV are thought to be fractionalized at 100:1 or more as some have speculated. It's because they don't have enough and need more. Is it beyond reason to think that this cartel environment wouldn't do anything or everything possible for (unaudited/asasyed) appearance sake? Especially if they needed enough bars to base any monetary system off of that for all intents and purposes looks and seems to be a vault of gold or silver that they might offer up as 'proof'? MOPE anyone?

Next time you see pic's like this of a sovereigns gold vault, ask yourself....do you care if it's real as long as your stack is real and you eventually get a decent return on it , say $10-15,000 per oz and silver increases proportionately?

I could care less. It's not like we'd have a choice.

tyberious
Aug 17, 2012 - 7:39pm

tugsten

Well at least the monetary system would be based on a tangible metal!

silver foil hat
Aug 17, 2012 - 7:44pm

Crap.

No video weekend.

Oh well, more time to stack at a discount.

Short Stack
Aug 17, 2012 - 7:49pm

@Nana and Dyno

And there shall be wars, and rumors of wars. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I can't tell fact from fiction; truth from lies. But isn't that what TPTB want us to think ?

~retorical question~

Dyna mo hum
Aug 17, 2012 - 7:49pm

Nana

I posted that piece just for you (us) . I know how to make it all better....haha

The Watchman
Aug 17, 2012 - 7:57pm

The Hunt Brothers Downfall

The same Cartel that is helping manipulate the silver market today-conspired to bring the Hunt Brothers down and made a fortune shorting silver while doing it-some things never change.

"Late in 1979 the CBOT changed the rules and stated that no investor could hold over 3 million oz of silver contracts and the margin requirement were raised. All contracts over 3 million oz per trader must be liquidated by February of 1980. Bunker accused the COMEX and CBOT board members of having a financial interest in the silver market themselves. Investigations later found that many had substantial silver short positions. Bunker knew that a shortage now existed or they would not be screaming so loudly. He bought even more. The price on the last day of 1979 was $34.45/oz. At this point Bunker and Herbert held 40 million oz in Switzerland and 90 million oz of bullion they jointly owned through International Metals. In addition to all that, International Metals had contracts on another 90 million oz due for delivery that March from the COMEX. The younger brother, Lamar had even entered the arena and had taken a $300 million dollar silver position by the end of 1979.

Finally on January 7th of 1980 the COMEX changed their rules to only allow 10 million/oz of contracts per trader and that all contracts over that amount must be liquidated before February 18th. . The CFTC promptly backed up the ruling. On January 17th silver hit $50/oz, Bunker had continued to buy. At that point in time the Hunt’s silver position was worth $4.5 billion dollars bringing their profits in silver to $3.5 billion dollars. On January 21st the COMEX announced that it was suspending trading in silver. They would only accept liquidation orders. Silver dropped $10/oz and stayed around $39/oz until the end of January. Scrap silver, old silver coin collections and silverware came into the market – about 22 million oz in all. In early February the Hunt group took delivery of another 26 million oz from Chicago. The Hunt’s North Sea oil through Placid Oil was coming on line and generating $200 million /year from that venture alone. There was talk of a takeover of Texaco Oil. Bunker was also talking to other Middle Eastern rulers about putting together another silver buying group.

By March 14th silver was down to $21/oz. Volker had raised interest rates and the dollar had firmed up (this also made borrowing to speculate on silver more expensive). International Metals still held 60 million oz of futures contracts. Their margin calls on those contracts amounted to $10 million dollars a day! Bunker still believed the price would go back up if only he could promote more buying. He scrambled around Europe looking for a buying partner but the more the price dropped the harder it was to borrow more money against his silver holdings to buy even more silver to hold up the price. Finally on March 25th of 1980 the Hunt brothers ran out of cash. Bunker called Herbert and simply said, “Shut it down”. Herbert promptly told his broker the following morning that they could not meet their $135 million dollar margin call that day.

The Hunt’s brokers promptly sold $100 million dollars worth of silver that day. Their account only had $90 million dollars worth of equity and they were expected to loose all that the next day. The CFTC chairman, Chairman of the Federal Reserve and US Treasury Secretary began an around the clock silver monitoring session.

On March 27th (silver Thursday) silver opened at $15.80 and closed at $10.80. The stock market crashed on rumors of Hunt liquidations of stocks to cover his silver losses and then rallied to close at about the same level. The next day silver rallied back up to $12/oz. The Hunt’s bullion purchases were all averaged around $10/oz but their futures contracts were purchased at or about $35/oz. When it was all over they owed $1.5 billion dollars.

Fed Chairman Volker gave approval for a bailout plan for the brothers fearing a financial disaster. A group of banks agreed to loan the brothers 1.1 billion dollars. The family had to put up 8 billion in collateral with the banks. The brother’s older sister, Margaret finally put her foot down after the silver collapse and demanded to know just what Bunker had intended to accomplish? Bunker sheepishly replied, “I was just trying to make some money”.

After the smoke cleared it appeared that the drama was not just a one sided manipulation by the Hunts. The shorts and the Eastern establishment had just as much at stake as the Hunts. By the mid 1980’s silver was bumping $17/oz again. Shortly thereafter, Reagan came into the presidency and a new optimism gripped the country.

In 1988 Bunker filed for personal bankruptcy. In 1989 he left bankruptcy with a net worth of $5 to 10 million dollars and a debt to the IRS of $90 million dollars to be repaid in 15 years. Bunker’s trusts, set up by his father H.L. Hunt, are currently valued at $200 million dollars. Last year the payments to the IRS finally stopped.

Protect yourself and invest and save in real money instead of our current unlawful fiat. Invest at least 10% of your assets in bullion and take possession – DO NOT BUY SILVER FUTURES CONTRACTS ON MARGIN. THE BIG SHORTS ARE STILL OUT THERE AND WAITING TO HAVE THOSE FOOLISH SILVER BULLS FOR LUNCH FROM TIME TO TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WIN IS TO PAY IN FULL AND TAKE POSSESSION. It is a game that even the richest men in the world sometimes lose."

Larry LaBorde

Nana
Aug 17, 2012 - 7:59pm

@ Short Stack

More often than not truth is strange than fiction......

Dyna mo hum
Aug 17, 2012 - 8:08pm

Stack

I watched ABC nightly news tonight and I am here to report that all is well in the USA. If I am not exposed to any other so called news I should sleep well tonight but with a little help from my pal Jose Cuervo. Fact or fiction I am with you and I dont know what to believe myself. I am just glad I had my paranoids removed a few years back but I think one is growing back.

Prize Fighter
Aug 17, 2012 - 8:13pm

Oh that's another good

Oh that's another good one.

The Archimedes' screw

Prize Fighter
Aug 17, 2012 - 8:25pm

Thanks Watchman for the

Thanks Watchman for the detailed explanation. I knew it was more complicated but did not know it was that drawn out. What a nightmare.

tyberious
Aug 17, 2012 - 8:41pm

@The Watchman

Thanks! That just reminds me of last years silver smack down! Wasn't it Johnson that said we stand ready to knock the price of silver down!

tyberious
Aug 17, 2012 - 8:41pm

Louis Farrakhan rants about The Rothschild, Central Banks,NWO

The game is rigged! Therefore it does not matter who you vote for. They have already chosen who they want in office. Obama ain't going nowhere! He will be the last president before Amerikkka is destroyed in a 3rd world war! For those that have eyes to see, ears to hear, and a good enough heart to feel. Unfortunately your hate and distrust of everything has blinded you from genuine people. Do you not know the difference between a wrestling fight, the New York times, and people like Louis Farrakhan who have woken up millions around the world and who are actively preparing for the economic crash? Where will you be? Investing in the stock market, counting on your pension funds?

You might want to watch this!

Dyna mo hum tyberious
Aug 17, 2012 - 8:58pm

Tyberious

Louie< ah yes unlikely allied universal hater. Interesting! I wonder if he has been up on the mothership lately? haha. Turd needs to get with him for a pod cast. Whoa... that might work if he is willing to reach out to the general population. I feel sure Louie is all about shiny.

ReachWest
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:03pm

Jim Sinclair

I do enjoy reading Santa's site - and certainly agree with his wisdom. Here's his latest short post:

Santa wrote:
Now the media has everyone looking at Jackson Hole for Bernanke to act.

That is not the way it tends to happen.

Regards, Jim
I do agree with what he's saying. Any massive action from the Fed will NOT be announced at some regularly scheduled meet-up. It will come late on a Sunday night after the ca-ca has hit the C-Bankers fan. This speculation about QE at Jackson Hole is pure noise. Won't happen. (IMO).
tyberious
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:04pm

Eyes wide open

Through the years I have learned that when the masses and the media say something about anything and anyone, its a lie.
I approach everything with a skeptical eye. The old adage applies, divide and conquer, it works well, look at the two party system.

tyberious
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:10pm

Sinclair

Personally, I think they are going to collapse the system this fall!

¤
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:23pm

P.Floyd * Time ~ HD

Time - Pink Floyd (1973)
tyberious
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:31pm

Seriously?

Louis Farrakhan is now a beacon of truth??

Uhhhhh....I think we all might need to reel it in a little bit.

Mr. Fix tyberious
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:33pm

I agree, crash this fall.

@ tyberious

Although this may not be the proper page for such a discussion, my analysis of the situation concurs 100% with yours,

and I am doing everything I can to be fully prepared before the end of September,

although at this point I've only have a few loose ends to tie up.

he would do so with every intentions of destroying this fine country.

He has succeeded, and

amazingly enough, few have noticed.

That will definitely change this fall.

Question:

is there currently a forum on this topic?

If not, I think I will be starting one.

If there is, I may start another one, as some are somewhat off topic already.

I have found some similar forums, but so far they seem to be buried by a barrage of biblical quotations,

that seem to imply that the wrath of God is about to come down on the United States.

Although I could quote Scripture along with the best of them,

I would prefer a forum focused more on what are we going to do about this,

as opposed to simply waiting for Armageddon.

Mr. Fix TF
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:40pm

Seriously?

Thurd does have a point there,

I've never found myself to be aligned, or have even had any interest in anything that Louis Farrakhan has to say,

and if we simply happen to share the belief that they are going to crash the system this fall, I assure you it is purely coincidental.

My conclusion comes strictly from market analysis,

combined with certain assumptions that I am making about our Cmdr. and chief

but I would still like a link to a forum, as to where this could be discussed a little bit further.

¤
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:45pm
Swift Boat Vet
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:45pm

Calypso Louie !!

Edit ....... Restated

Farrakhan is a buffoon.

Swifty

please note I said buffoon

Dyna mo hum Swift Boat Vet
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:47pm

swift

LMAO!!!!! Help me onto the mother ship please!!

¤
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:47pm
ancientmoney
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:47pm

@DPH

Regarding FOFOA's $55,000 gold price . . . it would not correspond to $100 bread. Gold, and gold alone would be bid up by governments, once paper gold has been annihilated. Bread, oil, beer, etc.would not be effected. Fiat currency(ies) would be devalued against gold, so its purchasing power vs. bread and beer would not change.

Your premise assumes that the dollar,euro, yen, etc. is devalued against everything--but that's not the idea--only gold would be bid up by governments, so that they have a counterbalance vs. debt without affecting other prices.

I don't think tungsten-laced bars would be acceptable, and would neither be ignored. Only pure gold would be recognized as the wealth storer.

bam Mr. Fix
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:49pm

@Mr Fix

>I have known since before the 2008 election, that if this man became the President of the United States,

>he would do so with every intentions of destroying this fine country.

Eh, it was done long before Obama came to office.

Obama's role in this whole spiel is to approach a house that's burning to the ground, toss some grain alcohol on it and then piss all over it.

Also, I think you are giving far too much credit to Obama. He's like GWB in that he's more of a talking head, a marionette of TPTB. It's the power players behind the scenes that are doing all the real lifting.

Big Buffalo
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:51pm

Barrick Mining

Did I just hear something about China buying a mine from Barrick Mining in Africa?

ancientmoney bam
Aug 17, 2012 - 9:54pm

@bam

Agreed BO is simply a talking head hired to deliver the real power-mongers' messages.

5/20 7:00 pm ET CGP speech
5/22 2:00 ET FOMC minutes
5/23 9:45 ET Markit PMIs

TWELVE Goon speeches through the week
5/15 8:30 ET Retail Sales and Empire State Manu. Idx.
5/15 9:15 ET Cap. Ute. and Ind. Prod.
5/16 10:00 ET Housing Starts and Philly Fed
5/17 10:00 ET Consumer Sentiment

5/9 8:30 ET US Trade Deficit
5/9 8:30 ET Producer Price Index (PPI)
5/10 8:30 ET Consumer Price Index (CPI)