Constitutional Deception

Thu, Jun 28, 2012 - 11:50am

Article 1. Section 7. Congress shall make any law it pleases, regardless of whether the citizens were lied to, deceived or otherwise misled into supporting its passage.

George and Obama debate health care taxes

The metals are, of course, up against it this morning. If you haven't yet read this (https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/3940/lookout) or this ( https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/3963/lookout-part-ii), please do so immediately. It is looking increasingly likely that the triple bottom in silver will soon fail. IF stops below 26.25 are tripped (maybe on The Globex this afternoon), silver may rapidly descend toward 25 and then continue, over the next couple of weeks, down toward 22 in a final washout move. Please be prepared for this and do not panic if it happens.

Gold is still in its 1530-1630 range but it is, of course, subject to a breakdown, too. Be vigilant.

Hang in there and don't be surprised by anything.

Endzeit kliguy38 · Jun 28, 2012 - 7:53pm

@kliguy38

Why is it a problem for me?

Jasound · Jun 28, 2012 - 7:54pm

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this will help everybody to release some tension and refocus thier energies.

Volbeat-A Warrior's Call
S Roche · Jun 28, 2012 - 7:58pm

I used to live in Miami in the 80s but now I live in...

what Americans call The Overnight Market, (or The Rest of the World to non-traders),...a lot of people from where I'm from think that the US will sort out its problems...I agree you will, but just not in my lifetime.

Time frame...25 years. Some of the posters today might want to think about saving some energy for later.

alphamorph · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:05pm

Bugzy and Lyme

Bugzy, you're right and I stand corrected....
however, Lyme disease is one of those bugs that is incredibly difficult to pinpoint. It certainly can't be detected in a blood test. I'm not certain that there is a comprehensive test for it but if there is, it's not currently used in Canada.

alphamorph · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:06pm

Hrunner on Canada

Hrunner you said:

" all or most great medical advances emanated from the American medical innovation engine or were made possible by the capital investments from free-market American healthcare companies".

I think you should Google something like that before making such a sweeping statement.

There is no question that the US medical system has made wonderful advances (it should, given the amount that americans spend on medicine) but Canada has made a disproportionately large contribution given our comparative population and wealth.
Canada is a "free market" economy if indeed such a thing truly exists (need I make reference to a certain Cartel in these hallowed halls) and although our medical funding is socialized and all advances of the past 50 years have come from that socialized system, our current government leaders are anything but socialists, having much more in common with the GOP.

Yes, Canada benefits by living next door to large country like the USA but the USA benefits by living next door to Canada, too. It's a marriage in which you are the dominant partner. The US buys more from Canada than it does from China and this is as it should be. It's unfortunate that most americans don't know as much about Canada and Canadians know about Americans. But then again, maybe not.

BigChief · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:07pm

5 notable astrologists predict Obama will be the next President

Take it for what it's worth and you decide it's worth. However, might as well process the disappointment, anger, sadness, I'm getting the F$%K out of this country now. Of course, the other choice is not much better.

Summary of Our Prediction for the Election

To summarize, it looks like both candidates will come out of their respective conventions over the summer in very good shape, with each entering into very strong periods astrologically in both of their respective charts. However, Romney switches into a difficult period starting in mid-October, and this seems to reflect that his campaign will encounter some problems at that time. This difficult period for Romney lasts all the way until early December, and so it appears to reflect that he will lose the election, since Obama encounters nothing comparably difficult during the same time frame. We have some concerns that the Mercury retrograde on election day could reflect some problems or controversy with the election itself, as it did in 2000, but ultimately based on the considerations outlined above, as well as some that we did not include in this writeup, it is our opinion that Obama will be elected to a second term. https://politicalastrologyblog.com/2012/04/29/prediction-for-the-2012-us-presidential-election/
Number 47 · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:08pm

@IRB

All the leftists crying fascism...what would we be if we rose up to stop them? You'd call us right-wing reactionary fascists for destroying your beloved socialism...

No, I would call you heroes. We can sort out the left v right debate after we deal with the real threat. Just as we always have.

Bsong · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:11pm

The ruling allows the Health

The ruling allows the Health care act to fall under its own weight. It just may turn out to be a genius ruling for the cause of liberty. I do believe that the lawmakers in favor of this law were caught off guard and now must defend the indefensible with out the normal rhetoric.

In other words he will have a tough time playing victim card and defending economy.

bardian · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:16pm

libertarian

Are there any libertarians on this site?? God this is depressing. The health care law will do two things. Increase health care costs and decrease quality, just like EVERY....OTHER.... GOVERNMENT....PROGRAM......EVER CREATED.

Bugzy alphamorph · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:27pm

@alphamorph

Yes you are correct - the blood test looks for the antibodies you are supposed to make to fight the infection, it does not look for the disease itself.

Problem is - so many things affect the body's ability to make these antibodies. Immune suppression (common in Lyme) - previous ABX treatment. The strain of infection - length of time infected etc.

Diagnosis needs to made via clinical symptoms AKA Duck Theory!

If it looks like a Duck - Sounds like a Duck - Swims like a Duck and if you treat it as if it were a Duck and it Quacks - you are probably looking at a Duck. (even though you cannot see it directly).

Yet you will only get treated in Canada if you test positive. (even then they often call it a false positive). There is a reason that Canada adopts the exact same guidelines as the US. To protect the insurers - ah but Canada is not private I hear you say - well it is getting there and it soon will be. So Canada cannot adopt a Lyme policy which is different from the US if we are all going to become one - no borders etc nation. You cannot put the cat back into the bag once you let it out.

People suffer immensely - it is about money and power - so is Obamacare. Do not be fooled that they care for you. If in doubt - try to think of all the things you have lost and all the things you have gained in the past 10 years via politics. Make a list (check it twice) -

Very good post above on Fascism too (steps to guide).

B

The Watchman · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:28pm

Just Another Sign of the coming Reset

The financial system is getting closer and closer to collapse-you can see it in the more blatant and desperate measures being employed.The average person has no idea how bad the system has deteriorated- they are being spoon fed misinformation from the corporately owned main stream media.The cracks in the dykes are getting more numerous and Bernanke are the rest are like the "little Dutch boy" trying to plug them-

Dracula · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:36pm

Nothing to see, everything as planned

MARK OF THE BEAST : Sen. Joe Biben Government plans to Microchip the U.S. Public (Sept 15, 2005)
Number 47 · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:40pm

@bardian

Isolationism is not a viable policy when you dictate global policy. Libertarians must wake up to the community around them, the last time we had a wall we could defend was the advent of the maxim machine gun. We have all developed better attack weapons since then.

The idea you can keep your political 'enemies' at bay has been defunct since the breach of the Somme defenses.

aurum argentum · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:45pm

Obamacare vs. auto insurance

All you folks who are so vociferous about having to buy healthcare, I don't hear the same railing against having to mandatorily buy auto insurance. I see no difference in the two demands. Do you?

retireyoung aurum argentum · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:54pm

No Mandate for auto insurance

As Irksome has already noted, there is no "mandate" to buy auto insurance. You always have the choice to "opt-out" by not operating a motor vehicle. In California, as in most states, you STILL can legally operate a motor vehicle without auto insurance if you post a bond with the State (I believe it is $10,000 in California) which would allow you to drive legally without auto insurance.

Number 47 · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:54pm

No subject.

Video unavailable
¤ · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:57pm

BIS Notices:Banker to the Bankers Knows the Numbers Are Lying

I put out the annual report last week when it came out and some other BIS issue's last night as well as ISDA material that dovetails a bit in with this. There are lots of bread crumbs out there.

The BIS has been signaling something lately imho and if there is an impasse with Germany and the EU to such a degree they think it's going to collapse the entire house of banking cards the BIS will act unilaterally.

It would be in all of the banks interests (including the BIS) if they all could negate each others losses and exposures to each other if a debt/accounting jubilee or write-off we're allowed or decreed by the BIS and whatever other supporting bodies needed to be on board.

I believe they can do it themselves as the head bank. Just food for thought and it seems like an obvious continuation of all the other fancy and unorthodox financial gimmicks that have gone on.

Just change the rules to suit the current situation. Where have I heard that before?

The list of names of the people in charge of the BIS will blow your mind a bit if you think of how it's all run. Nice and tidy and convenient.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Banker to the Bankers Knows the Numbers Are Lying

By Jonathan WeilJun 28, 2012 6:30 PM ET

The Bank for International Settlements, which acts as a bank for the world’s central banks, should know fudged numbers when it sees them. What may come as a surprise is how openly it has been discussing the problem of bogus balance sheets at large financial companies.

“The financial sector needs to recognize losses and recapitalize,” the Basel, Switzerland-based institution said in its latest annual report, released this week. “As we have urged in previous reports, banks must adjust balance sheets to accurately reflect the value of assets.” The implication is that many banks are showing inaccurate numbers now.

Unfortunately the BIS’s suggested approach is almost all carrot and no stick. “The challenge is to provide incentives for banks and other credit suppliers to recognize losses fully and write down debt,” the report said. “Supporting this process may well call for the use of public sector balance sheets.”

So there you have it. More than four years after the financial crisis began, it’s so widely accepted that many of the world’s banks are burying losses and overstating their asset values, even the Bank for International Settlements is saying so-- in writing. (The BIS’s board includes Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and Mario Draghi, president of theEuropean Central Bank.) It fully expects taxpayers to pick up the tab should the need arise, too.

No Change

In this respect, little has changed since the near-meltdown of 2008, especially in Europe. Spain has requested 100 billion euros ($125 billion) to rescue its ailing banks. Italy, perhaps the next in line for a European Union bailout, is weighing plans to boost capital at some of the country’s lenders through sales of their bonds to the government....

The Watchman · Jun 28, 2012 - 8:58pm

You do not have to buy auto insurance if you don't own a car.

Also some states (New Hampshire being one of them) will allow you to register an auto without insurance-the state motto is "Live Free or Die".

Dracula · Jun 28, 2012 - 9:03pm

Obamacare vs auto insurance

For a start, if you have a small business, you may shut down the light because you will be forced to offer insurance to employees.

If you are an employee, you may be one of the ex-employees sacked by the employer because of the extra costs.

None of these happen in case of auto insurance.

Hrunner · Jun 28, 2012 - 9:04pm

My Canadian bro

Thanks for your response and the reminder about the political tilt of land of the maple leaf, points taken (hat tipped too!) and I should have been specific that this was about 'modern' medical products, i.e. the ones in the last 100 years and especially in the last 50. I know the historic contributions of many (non-U.S.) from Vesalius to Galen to Lister to Mendel to Jenner, not what I was referring to. Unquestionably there are also many contributions by many fine Canadian institutions and individuals. I personally have collaborated and enjoyed working with more than one group at McMaster U in Hamilton at PHRI.

I'm talking about simple metrics, that Canada is by far a net importer of medical breakthroughs.

I don't need to google, 8 years of post university of medical training and 20 years of basic and clinical research, reasonably familiar with what is used and where the development and innovation came from. Frankly, the internet and smartphone revolution are changing medicine as much as drugs and devices are right now, which only supports my point. I would refer you to Nobel prize metrics, if you want a starting point (Nobels are basic but it's an example).

I stand by the point that the freest of the free market capitalists will provide vastly more breakthroughs and the most cost effective products (though admittedly there was that Kalashnikov guy in communist Russia, but I digress), I don't think profit is immoral, even in healthcare. Quite the opposite, capitalism has alleviated more human suffering for less cost than any other system in history. Socialism/ communism seems to deliver a large amount of low cost mediocre care to a lot of people, kind of like Ladas and Yugos, if you get my drift. I'm greedy, I want the Cadillac (or Porsche, to go offshore) - and for cheap!

I know a little about Canada (been to several major cities), but would surely like to know more, esp off the beaten path.

QE to infinity · Jun 28, 2012 - 9:08pm

Auto insurance is only

Auto insurance is only compulsory "third party", I presume? That's the case in Britain, i.e. you have to insure to be able to pay for damage to other people/cars/property caused by you. You don't have to provide cover for yourself and your own car if you don't want to.

Prize Fighter · Jun 28, 2012 - 9:12pm

If you OWN your car you don't

If you OWN your car you don't have to have auto insurance on your car. You are only required to carry liability auto in case you damage someone else. This begs the question, who owns you now that you are indebted to Obamacare the moment you are born?
This is a double black diamond slope.

Number 47 · Jun 28, 2012 - 9:16pm

Hrunner. Let me fix that for you.

I stand by the point that the freest of the free market capitalists will provide vastly more breakthroughs and discover the most cost effective products and then suppress them to make sure they profit from their current less effective product, I think profit is immoral, even in healthcare. Capitalism has caused more human suffering for higher cost than any other system in history. Socialism/ communism seems to deliver a large amount of low cost healthcare to a lot of people. I'm greedy, I want the Cadillac (or Porsche to go offshore) - and for cheap! At the expense of everyone else.

There, fixed it for ya.

robov · Jun 28, 2012 - 9:17pm

Everybodies Cryin' QE's Coming

and it suddenly struck me. There is only one place on the planet that I can think of since the 2008 collapse, correct me if I'm wrong, that allowed their banks to fail and said no to their government going down the path that all others have and that is Iceland. What is the state of Iceland today as a result? I seem to remember seeing an article just within the last week or so declaring that they had made another substantial payment to their debt obligations.

I think this pretty much sums much of it up.

Sooner or later the piper has to be paid and in this case the sooner would likely be better longer term. I just don't understand the logic of these people and hence why I am writing a book titled "Are We Intelligent?" We have come so far scientifically and our knowledge today is as great as it has ever been, yet, there is a segment of the population that is as dumb as door knobs. I believe they are referred to as Sheeple. There is a famous quote, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" They seem to be in the minority today. Have we learned nothing from history? I know, I know, "History is doomed to repeat itself", hence the title of the book.

recaptureamerica · Jun 28, 2012 - 9:20pm

Massive stash of ancient

Massive stash of ancient Celtic coins discovered by amateur UK treasure hunters https://m.nypost.com/p/news/international/massive_stash_treasure_ancient...

SteveW · Jun 28, 2012 - 9:22pm

SCOTUS & Taxation

I was pretty sure the Supremes would uphold the legislation mandating payment, upon penalty of fine, to the scum sucking corporate health care sector given their Citizens United decision. But how could they do so since it was clearly unconstitutional for the government to require that the people make payment to private corporations at whatever price the market would bear?

Aha, call it a tax!!!!

Now the disgusting precedent is enshrined in law that corporations can tax the people!!!

Magpie · Jun 28, 2012 - 9:33pm

Health vs Auto Insurance

Never been in an accident when I was driving. I was a passenger in a car hit by a drunk guy getting a blow job while driving 90 mph in a residential area. Incentive enough for me to protect myself from idiots on the road by purchasing insurance, regardless of any state requirements. It's not the only insurance policy I have.

Medical insurance, however, does not protect me from idiots in the medical profession. If I could buy that, THEN I might consider buying health insurance.

(No offense intended to anyone in the medical profession, but I have suffered more than my fair share at the hands of medical "professionals".)

Bongo Jim · Jun 28, 2012 - 9:38pm

Taxes to private corporations

Is nothing new...the IRS is a private corporation.

LifeIsPain · Jun 28, 2012 - 9:48pm

More misunderstanding of Obamacare

<<Obamacare qualifies as a "mandate" because if you are breathing you either buy health insurance or you pay a fine.>>

Not exactly. If you are poor, e.g., below the poverty line or at some similar level (to be determined), you will be eligible for Medicaid and this will be your insurance, so you will not have to pay anything. The notion that you will be taxed for "existence" is simply wrong. Again, we continue to see crazy hysterics, fueled by rabid, right-wing media.

Fat Willie · Jun 28, 2012 - 9:51pm

@Turd

Turd - I know you don't care but:

Alexa rank tfmetalsreport.com = 46,371

Alexa rank Screwtapefiles = 2,592,880

BTW - Fed's gotta start fighting deflation soon or else. If they do, we may be looking at an epic squeeze on non-cartel shorts soon, across the commodity complex. It is getting out of hand, and deteriorating quickly.

I think we get the washout to low 20's in silver, and then it turns. Maybe not hard at first, but they will need to break the overall trend on deflation, and that includes the PM's.

But WTFDIK.