Even Helen Keller, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could see, hear, smell and feel this one coming from a mile away.
If we're going to be connecting dots, we might as well fall back upon my favorite organizational device, the dot chronology.
- I'm just a Turd. I don't have an MBA or a PhD. I'm not a Global Financial Strategist or a Senior Economist. I live in Flyover Country USA, not New York, London or Singapore. However, even this Turd can plainly see that the current global financial/currency system is ending. We have reached the point where debt is unsustainable and, as we know, that which is unsustainable cannot be sustained. Now, if I can see this and you can see this, is it safe to assume that the leaders of China, Russia, India, Turkey et al can see it, too?
- On Friday, ZeroHedge released a powerpoint presentation from Raoul Pal, one of the most successful hedge fund managers of this century. I found it so important that I included it in two, separate posts as I wanted to ensure that as many as possible saw and understood it. Here is one of the links: https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/3849/getting-real-real-fast. Yesterday, even Glenn Beck picked up on the story. I'm posting the video below because he does an excellent job of putting it into "english". (Please remember: It's the message, not the messenger.)
- Last month, I conducted two podcasts with Jim Willie. Among the important items that Jim passed along was his information regarding "Eastern" gold purchases. Jim has an excellent and well-connected source who informed him that, since 2/28/12, over 5,000 metric tonnes of gold had purchased and removed from Gold Cartel vaults. Of course, I have no idea of whether this is accurate but the telling part of Jim's information was this: The source didn't simply inform Jim that it was "5,000 tonnes", the actual information was "as of last Friday, 5,000 tonnes". Does this exact verbiage make the information more reliable? Perhaps. In the end, the exact tonnage isn't important. I've been able to confirm through my own contacts such as "Winston" is that massive amounts of gold are being purchased every day by "Eastern" interests, namely central banks and sovereign funds. This incredible, physical demand is the primary reason paper gold bottomed at 1525 and has now reversed.
- Also last month, I posted a podcast with the author, John Butler, and I urged you to buy his book, "The Golden Revolution". Why? Because, in the book, John thoughtfully lays out the likely processes by which gold will be re-introduced as money and as the basis for global trade settlement.
- Santa has posted many times that June 28, 2012 will mark the beginning of the last acts of U.S. dollar hegemony. It is on that date that economic sanctions against Iran will take effect that will exclude Iran and their trading partners from using the SWIFT system ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_for_Worldwide_Interbank_Financial_Telecommunication).
- Recently, we've seen an increase in the announcement of alternative trade settlement agreements. Most notably this one between two longtime adversaries: https://news.xinhuanet.com/english/video/2012-06/02/c_131626879.htm.
- And then there's this: Russia, China, Turkey, and Iran are all rapidly and dramatically increasing their gold imports. ( https://www.resourceinvestor.com/2012/06/05/irans-gold-imports-from-turkey-surged-in-april?ref=hp) In this one, note that China's 2012 gold import rate is 782% ahead of last year (https://www.zerohedge.com/news/hoarding-continues-china-purchases-record-100-tons-gold-april-hong-kong ). Here's an item on Turkey ( https://www.dailystar.com.lb/Business/Middle-East/2012/Jun-01/175399-turkish-gold-imports-jump-150-pct-iran-buying-seen.ashx#axzz1ww4afEzX)
It's coming, everyone. It's coming very soon. The current global financial system that has existed for nearly 70 years is coming to a dramatic end. Preparations are clearly being made by those who will dictate the terms of the next system. That system will, undoubtedly, use gold as the basis for international trade settlement. You must prepare for this event. Those caught unprepared will see their life savings lost or depleted. Those with foresight and a willingness to prepare will be spared. They may, in fact, even prosper. The end of The Great Keynesian Experiment and, with it, the current global financial system is upon us. Continue to prepare accordingly.
p.s. Maybe Stevie Wonder could "see" it coming, after all?