Your daily inflation screw-up

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
thecoloredsky
thecoloredsky's picture
Hat Tips: 1331
Your daily inflation screw-up

I snapped this photo at the grocery store. Notice that the sale price is more expensive than the regular price. I've been noticing this more and more at my local grocery store. Either 1) Employees aren't keeping up with replacing price stickers on shelves or 2) Inflation is getting out of whack and marketing wizards are confusing themselves.

I also noticed that boxes of pasta are ranging from $1 to $1.80 depending on the type of noodle. Wasn't it last year we could buy a box no matter the variety for well under a dollar? Things are changing! Post your grocery experiences if you have any!

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:07
thecoloredsky
thecoloredsky's picture
Hat Tips: 1331
actually I'm an idiot. less

actually I'm an idiot. less beer more proof reading. I thought it was 2 boxes, not 3.

I'll be in my bunk.

davefess
davefess's picture
Hat Tips: 753
don't sweat it!

its still a relevant thread..we bought some green beans yesterday that were cheaper at regular price . didn't notice til we got home though wink

"it's game over man, game over!"

dropout
dropout's picture
Hat Tips: 4840
Stealth inflation is

Stealth inflation is worse.

Smaller portion, box, package, etc. for more money.

John Williams over at shadowstats has annual inflation running at 11.7% I tend to believe him.

The crap that is force fed us from government stats is nothing more than "wishful" thinking!   

davefess
davefess's picture
saw that!

Saw that on Bob Wenzel's site. Yeah my gf and I have noticed that a lot. Smaller portions. Especially on the few times we go out to eat. Anytime we see canned goods go on sale though we bulk up. As long as they have dates of 2012 or greater

dropout
dropout's picture
Hat Tips: 4840
Best advise I can give? Learn

Best advise I can give? Learn how to can. Its not that hard. Buy the fresh produce while in season and relatively cheap. Been doing it for years. Besides - better for you. Wholesome with no chems and tastes 100% better.  

davefess
davefess's picture
we are gonna try!

Just put in our garden this summer and we are canning this harvest. Her dad cans vension, fish, and veggies, so he is going to teach us. Plus we have chickens to slaughter, so we are going to can some chicken meat as well. Plus smoke some of it into jerky. Lot to learn and I feel way behind the curve.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Your daily inflation screw-up"