Why the price of silver was smashed at the beginning of May

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
bensgone
bensgone's picture
Why the price of silver was smashed at the beginning of May

I think the May smashdown was intentional in the sense that the EE always plans in advance for what they know is going to happen at some time in the future. It seems to me that they did this smashdown so early or ASAP, in order to set up the phoney end of QE 2 and the Greek crisis too, timed so as to bring down the markets just enough to have the world scream for more liquidity, or QE 3. True they are playing with fire in the extreme and walking a deadly tightrope. Perhaps, they were fully aware that to go directly into QE3 would have sparked hyperinflation much sooner than they would like. So, all this is planned and time so that that did not happen, buying more time, or allowing them to kick the can down the road one more time. But, it is clear that time is running out and there are fewer options and weapons in their arsenal. Remember, Pm's are the pinnacle or primary barometer for the health of all fiat currencies in the world. So, it has to be attacked first before anything else happens or the "Big Con" is over for these, the greatest of criminals in all of human history. Hyper inflation is all but written in stone and is as inevitable as tomorrows sunrise. That you can count on with absolute certainty. Protect yourself with PM's. It is all that is left.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
Zwipped
Zwipped's picture
Hat Tips: 381
The smack down was just meant

The smack down was just meant to be. It went up in a parabolic way and that just couldn't last. Just be glad about this correction and buy more of the things you want.

bensgone
bensgone's picture
Maybe they caused the parabolic rise.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe they caused the parabolic rise?  Yes the operate on the buy side too. They think long term. They have teams of analyst and computers to make projections. Things occur on a too much of a regular basis to think it's coincidental. The EE is extremely intelligent in a diabolical way.

grvdigga
grvdigga's picture
Hat Tips: 13
Possibly

I dont think they caused the rise - I think rather it caught them by surprise and the action they took was almost in panic. I dont assign as much intelligence to them as you do but they sure are evil.

bensgone
bensgone's picture
They have to massively buy to cover their massive shorts

They dominate both sides of the market during the slow times of the year, i.e. holidays and vacation time. They are the elephant in the room you don't see. They buy to cover their shorts, then sell short to take the price in both directions, especially when the Bos leave as they do at the beginning May. Hence, "Sell in May and go away".  Oh yes, they had to use lots of fire power to shave off 30% with five margin hikes in 9 days, but they knew it was all going to happen.  They know that eventually it would become harder and harder to keep the lid on the prices. They don't care, they ignore all the laws and regulations, since the own the regulators and the government that appoints the regulators. Refute my claims in contradistinction with facts that prove your claim on each point. Don't just arbitrarily make assertions with no facts to back up your disagreement. My position is well documented.  This is how a good debate can inform and educate the newbies. Thank you.

bensgone
bensgone's picture
proof the run up was orchestrated
mrgeneiss says.......

Shocker: April's silver rise WAS a short squeeze, NOT a speculative frenzy, the COT numbers bear this out......
Hat Tip!

I don't know how much discussion this has garnered on the previous blog, but it is shocking how the myth of a silver speculative frenzy has been perpetuated in the MSM and on many blogs, forums, etc.

Speculative longs decreased their positions throughout April, but short covering increased - in my book that is a short squeeze, and it ended when the short covering stopped.

http://pragcap.com/short-covering-not-speculative-buying-led-to-silvers-parabolic-rise

http://www.gotgoldreport.com/2011/05/hedge-funds-show-lowest-net-long-silver-positions-since-february-2010.html

http://seekingalpha.com/article/273824-long-speculators-return-to-silver-market?

http://silverdoctors.blogspot.com/2011/06/jp-morgue-and-hsbs-added-2000-new.html#more

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the [public] is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country." - Edward Bernays"

I had to post in it's entirety your comments because it supports my premise exactly, mrgneiss. Thank you

Dubbelito
Dubbelito's picture
Hat Tips: 9
+1 on the short squeeze

After I read Armstrong's take on silver market movements which he wrote in -98 I'm utterly convinced that this parabolic move were a result of the EE's manipulation, in order to gain huge profits on the way up and down on this rollercoaster.

/Dubbster

Mike Victory
Mike Victory's picture
Hat Tips: 789
  3 Things To Learn From The
Silver’s correction from nearly-$50 to $34 was wild; it was the kind of market movement that hardly allowed investors to digest what was coming as it happened. A month after wild market activity, investors who have taken the time to uncover what happened in the market may have realized three key elements of the selloff.
Audio:

V

www.thevictoryreport.org

Seacap81
Seacap81's picture
Hat Tips: 512
Just about the entire

Just about the entire economic framework is manipulated to some degree or another, all for the powerful elite.  Silver is not any different.  "They" can pin any price on any commodity to the wall at any given time.  This control over everything in our economy is the rot-gut result of easy money, unlimited backing from the Federal Reserve, fractional reserve banking, bailouts, and the dastardly deeds of naked shorting to infinity.  

The good news is all this can be solved with one easy method.  Free Markets will be Free once again when our money is HARD MONEY!  

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Why the price of silver was smashed at the beginning of May"