What is it about Silver? (I mean Golds ok.. but....)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
westernthing
westernthing's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2011
Hat Tips: 25
Posts: 16
What is it about Silver? (I mean Golds ok.. but....)

Is it because my mom started me stacking on silver dollars from the bank 50 years ago? I honestly don't know but have asked myself this question many many times. I hold a gold eagle and its great! But then I hold a Silver round.... And Its so Big!!! cheeky

I can't help it, I just love silver. (anybody else?)

Charles

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:10
esib100oz
esib100oz's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2011
Hat Tips: 124
Posts: 13
I love silver because it is

I love silver because it is used is thousands of electronic and medical applications. I pray that someday in the future with our silver bars and technology we can cure hella diseases. I know Colloidal is used by some

__________________

staxer

Agophillic
Agophillic's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2011
Hat Tips: 38
Posts: 26
Absolutely

Other than it's many industrial, medical, and technological uses, the fact of the matter is that it is a store of purchasing power, whereas gold is a store of wealth.  In these days when people like me who don't have enough "wealth" to hold in gold, we hold our wealth in silver.  Since silver is actually more scarce now than gold (I believe, don't quote me) I think silver will one day be more expensive than gold.

__________________

-Agophillic

The silver bullet represents our ability to take down the fiat standard from the private central banks by buying silver.

funthea
funthea's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2011
Hat Tips: 34
Posts: 21
Agophillic wrote:  I think

Agophillic wrote:

I think silver will one day be more expensive than gold.

Well, if silver is 17 times more plentiful than gold, I suspect that if the price gets near that of gold... they will simply dig up some more. LOL

Agophillic
Agophillic's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2011
Hat Tips: 38
Posts: 26
Not that easy...

funthea wrote:

Agophillic wrote:

I think silver will one day be more expensive than gold.

Well, if silver is 17 times more plentiful than gold, I suspect that if the price gets near that of gold... they will simply dig up some more. LOL

"Simply" digging up more silver isn't as easy as you may think...most silver is extracted while mining for other metals (for more info on Silver streaming, check out Silver Wheaton's website  www.silverwheaton.com .  Also with the advent of technology that requires the use of silver e.g. solar panels, cds, computers, cell phones, medicine, etc., they are, for the most part, unrecoverable.  Gold has very little industrial demand save for dental crowns and stereo wire.

__________________

-Agophillic

The silver bullet represents our ability to take down the fiat standard from the private central banks by buying silver.

funthea
funthea's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2011
Hat Tips: 34
Posts: 21
Yes

Agophillic wrote:

"Simply" digging up more silver isn't as easy as you may think...most silver is extracted while mining for other metals (for more info on Silver streaming, check out Silver Wheaton's website  www.silverwheaton.com .  Also with the advent of technology that requires the use of silver e.g. solar panels, cds, computers, cell phones, medicine, etc., they are, for the most part, unrecoverable.  Gold has very little industrial demand save for dental crowns and stereo wire.

Yes,  most silver is mined as a byproduct now, because silver doesn't fetch a high enough price to justify mining it as a primary. As it is now, only 25% of silver is mined as a primary, but that is only because of  rich deposits that are easy enough to go after for the cost.

The point is that, as you say you believe the price of silver will reach that of gold, before such time it would be cost effective to simply mine more silver as a primary and thereby increase the annual yield, and thus downward pressure on price.

Sockeye
Sockeye's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2011
Hat Tips: 1234
Posts: 371
http://kingworldnews.com/king

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2011/6/15_Rick_Rule_-_Silver_Will_Trade_Like_an_Internet_Stock_to_the_Upside.html

__________________

I am almost always wrong. But the fun in life is those few times when I am right.

Agophillic
Agophillic's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2011
Hat Tips: 38
Posts: 26
Just curious

funthea wrote:

As it is now, only 25% of silver is mined as a primary, but that is only because of  rich deposits that are easy enough to go after for the cost.

[/quote]

I'm not trying to call you out, I would just like to educate myself more on that statistic you pointed out.  Where did you get that stat?

__________________

-Agophillic

The silver bullet represents our ability to take down the fiat standard from the private central banks by buying silver.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "What is it about Silver? (I mean Golds ok.. but....)"