'Urban Mining' Could Reduce Reliance on Metal Imports

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shill
Shill's picture
'Urban Mining' Could Reduce Reliance on Metal Imports

http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/0,1518,767178,00.html

The demand for special metals used in the manufacture of electronics is booming, but a few countries control much of the world's supply. Germany is looking to reduce its reliance on imports by exploiting the metal that is thrown away in trash. Urban mining could become big business.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:07

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

magis00
magis00's picture
Hat Tips: 413
Thanks for the link

Shill,

A very interesting read.  Someone here the other day said (to another "immature" poster like me who's just finishing law school) "stay out of debt, work for yourself, and find a business to buy that addresses necessities."  That's been on my mind a few days (anything to avoid studying for the Bar!), and this article absolutely fits that bill.  I'm sure that, in a few months' time, this idea will still be rattling around upstairs and I'll have no idea where it came from.  But while I still remember:  THANKS!

Happy Saturday,

Magis

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "'Urban Mining' Could Reduce Reliance on Metal Imports"