The UK version of the twice leveraged AGQ is LSIL

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
Hat Tips: 1270
The UK version of the twice leveraged AGQ is LSIL

Twice leveraged ETFs are not suitable for holding for longer periods of time due to the mathematical degeneration in value stemming from the chop.

If you are going to buy LSIL then it's probably best to confine it to shorter term speculation: get in, get out.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:16
uptofreedom
uptofreedom's picture
Hat Tips: 561
depends...

silvernomics wrote:

get in, get out.

Depends on the trend.  sideways or down then yeah.. get in, get out.  But in an up-trend reverse decay can amplify gains.  I've suspected this for a while, zerohedge had a post explaining leveraged etf's and decay recently...

Violent Rhetoric
Violent Rhetoric's picture
Hat Tips: 475
I will not trade AGQ/ZSL

I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again. I will not trade AGQ/ZSL again.

okay who am I kidding.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
~ Robert Heinlein

rayrock
rayrock's picture
AGQ

Can someone explain what happens with the k-1 filing for this fund at the end of year. As I understand it, as a shareholder you are responsible for the pass thru of any profits/losses of the fund in addition to your own profit/loss from trading. Am I correct? Do you file your profit/losses on the 1099 and then the k-1 value  separate on your personal income side?   If you hold 100 shares for 2 months, how can you estimate any tax repercussions for this time period. If you traded 1100 shares in the month and held 100 over a few weeks,  are you on the hook for the 100 shares held or the 1000 traded? If any one with experience with this could post an example on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "The UK version of the twice leveraged AGQ is LSIL"