For Turdites in New England

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Agophillic
Agophillic's picture
Hat Tips: 38
For Turdites in New England

Having a support network online is great, but when SHTF and we lose the ability communicate through the internet (short to long term) we can only rely on our familial and local friend/neighbor networks to support us.  I believe that meeting like minded people from our neck of the woods might be a good outlet to get some topics out in the open, and a chance for us to develop personal relationships on a physical level (as opposed to an internet level).  This could have multiple benefits ranging from business contacts, recreational opportunities, etc.

If anyone is interested in meeting up I am always down for a beer, round of golf, day at the shooting range, hiking, whatever.  I think this is a great place to become aware of like minded people that are in our back yard.  Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts...let's get something going.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:27

-Agophillic

The silver bullet represents our ability to take down the fiat standard from the private central banks by buying silver.

pailin
pailin's picture
Hat Tips: 15391
NE meetup

What you suggest makes perfect sense yet is problematic as pretty much everybody here has tremendous trust issues :)

Sorry, that includes me. I like the thought but cannot participate.

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey

Agophillic
Agophillic's picture
Hat Tips: 38
I will kindly disagree

pailin wrote:

What you suggest makes perfect sense yet is problematic as pretty much everybody here has tremendous trust issues :)

Sorry, that includes me. I like the thought but cannot participate.

I totally disagree and I think you should probably only speak for yourself, and let others concur or refute on a case by case basis.  I think having a healthy lack of trust for big government, big corporate, big whatever is good.  To openly not trust people that are like minded will only alienate you.  Although people have to demonstrate a lot more to me now for them to earn my trust, I'm not going to board up my windows and doors and not trust anybody, ever again.  We have to come together to help each other out if we are going to keep these "United" States together.  That doesn't mean that we blindly trust everybody, we choose people that have the same set of values, morals, ethics, and belief systems that we do.  Turd has done a wonderful job providing that medium for us to come together.  Save for "trolls" (and I think they are pretty easy to spot) I think it's safe to say here that you could trust most any person in this website so long as you both were aware of where you met.

-Agophillic

The silver bullet represents our ability to take down the fiat standard from the private central banks by buying silver.

seekonksteve
seekonksteve's picture
Hat Tips: 365
did you leave out ri on

did you leave out ri on purpose?to many funny i talions

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "For Turdites in New England"