Scottsdale Silver

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Prize Fighter
Prize Fighter's picture
Hat Tips: 3349
Scottsdale Silver

I've ordered from them three times and had perfect transactions each time.  Speedy delivery and received exactly what was pictured.  Plus a refrigerator magnet with each order cheeky

Their prices generally run spot+$3 which can be high for what is a generic but that price includes shipping and credit card orders.  If you shop around other sites, you will pay for those at checkout.  So don't let Scottsdales price worry you as it's upfront and all inclusive.  I've seen these fetch good prices on ebay so I believe the secondary market is hot for them.

I treat them like a silver Lego set.  Fun! yes

https://store.scottsdalesilver.com/storefront.php

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:13
tallydynasty
tallydynasty's picture
Hat Tips: 989
Absolutely THE BEST in

Absolutely THE BEST in Silver.  There is a reason they call them the "Benz of Bullion"

Scottsdale has better prices on credit cards and bank wires than Apmex and their branded bullion receives the highest consistent resale premiums on Ebay.  (When compared with other brands)  --- Agreed PrizeFighter.  

It's important to me that people desire and will pay above others types at time of resale as it's much easier to sell.  Some people just buy the cheapest type per ounce, but I think it's important to focus on solid brands now because when silver is 100+ an oz, having the best name on your silver will be extra important.  Many like the American Eagles for this reason yet Private Mint bullion is less cost per ounce.   

Johnson Matthey & Engelhard were the big names during the 70's & 80's.  Engelhard is out of business now, and JM only makes 100 oz bars these days.  I believe that Scottsdale Silver is now the top name of the 2010's and now a Global Hallmark that has the biggest demand.  See what I mean in this Asian video below, good luck understanding though :)

fast mover
fast mover's picture
Hat Tips: 492
First order went perfectly!

I placed an order for 5 of the 10 oz stackers.  Terrific experience!  

Here's what I look for in a dealer:

1. Fairly competitive price - within $2 of spot when I order for these types of bars

2. Competent customer service - my emails were answered within minutes of my query

3. Excellent delivery - shipped within the stated timeframe, nondescript package, packaged well (my order was FREE shipping & insurance since I ordered $500+)

Scottsdale Silver excelled in all categories.

Plus, these bars stack like Legos as they have interlocking edges...what could be more cool???

The 100 ozers I guess.

FM

Hagarth
Hagarth's picture
Hat Tips: 2182
Plus NEW Products coming soon

Generally was okay, I suppose that I should not have tried to get silver 2 weeks before XMAS... but I had to have it!  The product did not come for 3 1/2 weeks and I was driving distance, they do not do pick ups unfortunately but I understand their reasons.  The edges on the 1 once ounce bars were a bit sharp & some of the plastic sleeves were broken. 

But getting back on topic, they are going to have 5 gram bars available along with 5 ounce bars called "Prey" which is a Very nice looking bar, surely will be premiums attached to this one on Epay.

Here is the new 5 ounce bar soon to be released:  

It 's likely the beginning of July is when we can expect to see all the new stuff.

Suntne vacci laeti.

Cleburne61
Cleburne61's picture
Hat Tips: 3596
Prize Fighter is correct,

Prize Fighter is correct, Scottsdale is the real deal.  Here's a few tidbits that I don't think I've seen mentioned here.

When I buy from a retailer, I always check their buy back policy first.  After all, it's good to know who you can sell your bullion to, in order to stay the most liquid at the best profit margin:

1) Scottsdale actually will buy any of their own product you buy from them(or from someone else) at 100% of spot.  That's right.  100%.  I even had a guy on the phone tell me that if there was ever an epic silver short squeeze and product was unavailable they'd offer you ABOVE 100% spot for it.  The only other PM retailer I know of that does 100% is Northwest Territorial(but they can take 3 to 6 months to ship to you).

2) Also, shipping usually happens within 2 to 3 weeks, and if you wire the money to them, you can save yourself about 1.5% of the total cost.  They've got a great customer care attitude, and they're eager to please.  Please call them up if you want to order some special products.  Their stackers are big boy legos, again, Prize Fighter is dead on.

bern
bern's picture
Hat Tips: 1221
Does anyone know if they

Does anyone know if they still accept PayPal for payment?  They changed up their website and they don't mention anywhere what payment options they accept now.

Liberty Library ~ PM Bug

Prize Fighter
Prize Fighter's picture
Hat Tips: 3349
Bern, I added items to my

Bern, I added items to my cart and went thru my account to check out.  Found a "Pay with Paypal" button on the lower right corner of the checkout page. 

They did update the website.  Navigation is a little better, tiered pricing is actually displayed for you and there is a neat and interesting countdown clock.  It's in the upper right and counts down from 15 minutes until the next time they will update the price.  You could arbitrage this time warp by having a live chart open while ordering, giving yourself a 15 minute look into the future.  I would probably wait until there was some decent action just to feel like I got something out of the opportunity. 

Unfortunately they should have completely redone the site.  I think it looks pretty amateurish overall from the generic favicon to some text overlay I experience.  I don't know what they're thinking.  They have some slick vids, clean product, solid reputation, an obvious eye for detail and really knows how to target their audience yet this site has zero graphic design.  Standard font and cell borders for the menu is so geocities.  Their business IS the website not the silver.  Silver sells itself.  They need to sell themselves and their unique product.  That website needs a makeover.  Ray Crock said he wasn't in the hamburger business but rather the real estate business.  Know your business!

That being said, I still love their product and will order again regardless of all I critiqued. But seriously, change that site.

bern
bern's picture
Hat Tips: 1221
Thanks PF.  I'm always

Thanks PF.  I'm always hesitant to carry an order through the process just to find out what payment options are available.  After posting my question, I did discover that Scottsdale Silver sells product on ebay, so even if they stop accepting PayPal on their website, that option is available.  I may or may not ( ;) ) have ordered some silver from Scottsdale in the past and may or may not have been very pleased with it.

Liberty Library ~ PM Bug

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Scottsdale Silver"