Resource nationalisation risk

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
Hat Tips: 1270
Resource nationalisation risk

Am I daft for not wanting to invest in Aurcana or Revett or other US based miners? Is it really safer to be in Mexico as opposed to the US, from the point of view of resource nationalisation?

I would love to be invested in these two companies but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Anyone got a view on the likelihood  of  resource nationalisation?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:10
rock collector
rock collector's picture
Hat Tips: 2216
Why not hold a small position

Why not hold a small position in each?  Maybe 1% of your portfolio in each ??
Mitigate the risk and still participate (albeit in a small way) in any upside.
Reward should still outweigh risk.
I hold a small position in Aurcana. 

caramel
caramel's picture
Hat Tips: 320
i believe there's risk of

i believe there's risk of nationalization for gold and/or silver in any jurisdiction; there's no safe bets.  Either that or one day they'll tax the miners to death.  This risk alone has me considering getting into all physical.  Anyways, still believe miners will have their day but with an eye towards nationalization.

JoeTiger
JoeTiger's picture
Hat Tips: 91
I avoid US mining companies, too

silvernomics wrote:

Am I daft for not wanting to invest in Aurcana or Revett or other US based miners? Is it really safer to be in Mexico as opposed to the US, from the point of view of resource nationalisation?

I would love to be invested in these two companies but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Anyone got a view on the likelihood  of  resource nationalisation?

I am the same way.  I have heard too many rumors about the US Gov't imposing natural resource taxes on domestic mineral extraction.  Over the past few months, I have dropped my Hecla and Revett holdings entirely.

I like Canadian mining companies that operate in Latin America (particularly Mexico).

"For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, 'Abba, Father.'" -- Romans 8:15

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Resource nationalisation risk"