Recommended LOCAL Coin Shops

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
letey petey
letey petey's picture
Hat Tips: 380
Recommended LOCAL Coin Shops

Id like to start a thread that gives pointers to good LOCAL coin shops.

In my case Im looking in the NYC metro area.

I have been happy with purchases from Great Panther (though it did say "Ag" on the package), First Majestic, and Tulving.  I would like to minimize the paper trail going forward though, and any questions posed by delivery folk.  Further, I'd like develop a local relationship for when I just might have to destackify.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:07
Gramp
Gramp's picture
Hat Tips: 5289
I have had good luck w/

I have had good luck w/ orders from Great Panther, and APMEX.

There is a new Local Shop that just opened few weeks ago here. I have been in once and the guy was still busy w/ moving in. 

Any good hints on how to get in good w/ him? wink

~ Even a dead Fish can go with the flow ~

Zoltan
Zoltan's picture
Hat Tips: 4775
WPG Manitoba LCS

If you reside in the GWN (Great White North) then check out these local coin shops:

Collectibles Canada (McPhillips North near CAA)

Tell Sheldon Michael Hunt sent you.

Gateway Coins 1711 Corydon

You can also go to the RCM (on Lagimodiere) if you want to pay PST or GST (can't remember which but they charge you one of them) on your bullion.

Z

olivethedog
olivethedog's picture
Hat Tips: 7
local shops

Dallas Gold and silver has been great for me.   I always visit with a very well informed guy there named Kelly.

fahrenheit451
fahrenheit451's picture
Hat Tips: 144
In Westchester NY I'm a fan

In Westchester NY I'm a fan of The Coin Mint in White Plains.

Doople
Doople's picture
Hat Tips: 1194
I like Camino Coin in San

I like Camino Coin in San Mateo, CA. They have been in business for a long, long time.

I Got Worms
I Got Worms's picture
Hat Tips: 25
In Austin, Capital Coin on

In Austin, Capital Coin on Burnet Road is the place.  The proprietor Chad is a good guy. Lower premiums than McBride's, which is the only place in town to go for the third precious metal, lead.

letey petey
letey petey's picture
Hat Tips: 380
Hat tips to you

Hat tips to you all!

Paperburner (great movie btw), I will check 'em out next time Im Westchester way.

Ford Rep
Ford Rep's picture
Hat Tips: 20
Cincinnati, OH - Hyde Park Rare Coin

It's 1 in a group of 4 around the city.  I'm a huge fan and would recommend them to anyone.  Great selection, good hearted and well educated staff.  In general, finding these guys has stopped my online purchases almost entirely.

magis00
magis00's picture
Hat Tips: 413
Seconded.

Ford Rep wrote:

It's 1 in a group of 4 around the city.  I'm a huge fan and would recommend them to anyone.  Great selection, good hearted and well educated staff.  In general, finding these guys has stopped my online purchases almost entirely.

Seconded.  (We're basically neighbors, btw.  Your full name is in your profile -- thought you would want to know.)  Also, Richter & Phillips will match Tulving's prices with lower quantities, fyi. Other than that, I love me that junk silver dish on Edwards Rd.!!

Also, good LORD what am I still doing up?!

Rear Flank Downdraft
Rear Flank Downdraft's picture
Hat Tips: 1239
Neighbors as well.....

magis00 wrote:

Ford Rep wrote:

Seconded.  (We're basically neighbors, btw.  Your full name is in your profile -- thought you would want to know.)  Also, Richter & Phillips will match Tulving's prices with lower quantities, fyi. Other than that, I love me that junk silver dish on Edwards Rd.!!

Also, good LORD what am I still doing up?!

Probably the same reason I'm up....surprise.....lapping up the new Turblog......

I hit Main Street Coin there in Fairfield, OH......always get in great conversations there too with owners....they are helpful and informative.

magis00
magis00's picture
Hat Tips: 413
I'm starting to feel *very* secure living in the Midwest

After seeing all the posters on here that are in our neck of the woods ... is it possible that we actually are preparing accordingly??

That's a great note to end it on.  Would love it if the Google Maps idea could come to fruition -- maybe down to County or States-by-Quadrant or something?

Sleep well friends ... unless you're trading, that is.  Then, GET THE BASTARDS!!!

Citizen621
Citizen621's picture
Hat Tips: 241
St. Louis Metro Area

Scotsman Coins on Olive Street is a great place to do business.  I've been using them for about a year now.

LVStrapped
LVStrapped's picture
Hat Tips: 312
Kentucky

I go to about three different coin shops a week in KY, and because there so good I have stop ordering online entirely.  Btw I have absolutely have no affiliation with these coin shops, I just want people to know where to find a good deal. 

Bowling Green, KY = A+ coins always has decent inventory and really good prices.  This guy is really hard to beat, he says it just tough to keep anything in the case with current demand.

Elizabethtown, KY= Heartland Coins, KY= Weakest of the bunch, just never has anything worth buying because of high demand in the area.  However the owner loves to talk about conspiracy theories and really knows his coins.    

Sharpeville, KY= Flea Market= They have two coin deals (inside only watch for fakes outside) that have huge inventories.  I have been there many times over the years and they will always have choice silver no matter the demand.  I have dealt with both owners and have only the best to say about them.  There prices will beat the internet prices with regularity. 

I go to many more shops around the tri-state area, but these guys offer the best deals that I've seen.   In the future I will try and update price action on popular silver and gold coins.          

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

jlee2027
jlee2027's picture
Hat Tips: 1286
Everywhere

I'm a coin dealer on the 'Net. 

I sell mostly Morgan and Peace dollar VAMs and a few odds and ends. 

Aronnax
Aronnax's picture
Hat Tips: 547
Boston area, Massachusetts

http://www.bostonbullion.com/

No-nonsense, honest, accessible, owner-operated, available for online orders or face-to-face cash deals. 'Nuff said.

Cerote
Cerote's picture
Hat Tips: 258
In Kalamazoo County, MI: Scott's in Portage

is the best locally.  Been dealing with him for over 10 years.

Grimvisions
Grimvisions's picture
Hat Tips: 1
Seattle WA

West Seattle coins. They have always been very fair with me when buying and selling both bullion and numismatic pieces.

KPR

treefrog
treefrog's picture
Hat Tips: 10390
florida panhandle

i have always had a good experience dealing with

Coin and Bullion Exchange on 15th street in panama city.

treefrog land and cattle co.

Aronnax
Aronnax's picture
Hat Tips: 547
For Turdites from or visiting Germany (Munich)

http://www.goldstube24.de/kontakt.html

Tue - Fri 3PM - 7PM

Down to earth, zero frills small (think hole in the wall) shop, close to downtown.

Fa. Goldstube24.de 

Dipl.-Ing. Hans Zöbelein

Edelmetall Groß- und Einzelhandel

Schellingstr. 63

80799 München

Tel: (089) 28 23 97

Fax: (089) 28 00 269 

E-Mail: goldstube24@gmail.com

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Recommended LOCAL Coin Shops"