Review: Provident Metals

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
PuraVida
PuraVida's picture
Hat Tips: 480
Review: Provident Metals

I have used Provident for several small purchases and found them to have quick shipping and excellent customer service. Prices are pretty competitive and they give discounts for purchasing in cash vs. via CC. I once ordered some Franklin halves and received 1 '64 Kennedy in the group... I complained and they sent me an uncirc Franklin free of charge for the oops. I was impressed and will continue to use them for small purchases going forward.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:13
Sterling
Sterling's picture
Hat Tips: 2826
I've used Provident for a few

I've used Provident for a few purchases and have never had a problem.  Good selection and fast shipping.  I ordered some Franklin halves, Kennedy halves, Mecury dimes as well as some ASE's. Good stuff

Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?

R man J
R man J's picture
Hat Tips: 2568
Provident Best for Credit Card Purchases

If you are purchasing on Credit Card, you will find Provident to have the lowest prices, and most efficient service. I have made quite a few purchases this year, and all were flawless. I also like APMEX, but they are slightly higher cost in CC/Shipping.

lcalama
lcalama's picture
Hat Tips: 3
In MY opinion they are one of

In MY opinion they are one of the best.....great price (compared to apmex) fast and well packaged shipping and the shipping charge is more reasonable then apmex.

all my transactions with them have been spot on!

Gold Member
Gold Member's picture
Hat Tips: 37
Concur

I concur. I've purchased from Provident a few times and they've been great. Better prices than APMEX. 

These days Lears Capital seems to be cheaper but have never bought from them. Apparently they will only accept wire-transfers....no checks. 

terri5125
terri5125's picture
Hat Tips: 698
great if you want to send a regular check

I have always purchased from Provident using a regular check...can place my order (good price on shipping) and then I can send out my check. Once my check got lost in mail and took longer than normal (like 2 weeks :-O ) and they were great about it. Did not charge me more and did not threaten me so I will stick with them.

Cucamonga
Cucamonga's picture
Hat Tips: 581
Provident Metals

Just received my first order from Provident and everything went smoothly.  Will use again - markup and shipping much better than APMEX.  It was curious that the sender was 'Joe's Machinery'.  When I accepted the package, I didn't recall ordering any machine parts ...

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Cucamonga wrote: It was

Cucamonga wrote:
 It was curious that the sender was 'Joe's Machinery'.  When I accepted the package, I didn't recall ordering any machine parts ...

Ruh roh. Better make sure you didn't get a tube of washers. ;)

When you guys say reasonable shipping from Provident, are we talking $15 or less? Some of these online dealers have to be padding their sales with shipping charges. I've seen up to $40! Get friggen real. 

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Cucamonga
Cucamonga's picture
Hat Tips: 581
Shipping

Provident Shipping:

Order Sub-Total Shipping Rate
$0-$99.99 $5.95
$100-$499.99 $8.95
$500-$1,999.99 $11.95
$2,000-$4,999.99 $16.95
$5,000 + $24.95

http://www.providentmetals.com/policies.html#shipping 

Ferd Torgerson
Ferd Torgerson's picture
Hat Tips: 5937
Did my first purchase thru

Did my first purchase thru Provident a couple weeks ago.  There was a slight delay in filling my order in that Provident's supplier sent them the wrong half dollar coins and they had to wait til the supplier corrected the mistake.  Other than that, I am very impressed with Provident.  Easy to navigate their site.  Prices are better than the strip center coin shops and I feel a lot safer buying on line.  Coin shops are sometimes watched by criminal elements and you don't know when you might be followed home.

Staff on the phone are very helpful and up-front.  Shipping costs are reasonable.  Plan to buy some more rands and 90% Liberty Silver Dollars from them on the next dip.

Maritime Underwriters since 2011

Captain Hank Murphy
Captain Hank Murphy's picture
Hat Tips: 243
I can pretty much echo

I can pretty much echo everyone else's experience, and add that since I live so close I have been getting my packages super fast! They aren't always the cheapest in premiums but their service and shipping make the difference for me. It's either Provident, Ebay, or my local shop for me.

Please visit Auditthefed.com!

Captain Hank Murphy
Captain Hank Murphy's picture
Hat Tips: 243
I can pretty much echo

I can pretty much echo everyone else's experience, and add that since I live so close I have been getting my packages super fast! They aren't always the cheapest in premiums but their service and shipping make the difference for me. It's either Provident, Ebay, or my local shop for me.

Please visit Auditthefed.com!

PuraVida
PuraVida's picture
Hat Tips: 480
Cheap Junk

Got an e-mail from Provident today. Junk is $28.84 per $1 face if you buy $100 face. That's less than spot right now.  $29.04 per $1 face for any amount if you send a check or money order. That's 7 cents over spot per dollar face. Considering where silver is going I think it's a pretty nice deal at the moment...

boil_in_the_bag_rice
boil_in_the_bag_rice's picture
Hat Tips: 820
Echo the echo

Excellent service from these guys, especially considering my order was complicated due to me being based in Europe.

Highly recommend!

mgk1
mgk1's picture
Hat Tips: 3
I liked my order experience

I liked my order experience with Provident.  I sent a check to them and it was 7-8 business days before my order was shipped.  I received my package before I received the ship notice!

I have also liked ordering from Apmex; although Apmex charges more for shipping and sometime a higher markup over spot, they usually get new bullion products before Provident.

bern
bern's picture
Hat Tips: 1221
Is the Provident Metals

Is the Provident Metals website down this morning?  I can't seem to access it.

Liberty Library ~ PM Bug

Ferd Torgerson
Ferd Torgerson's picture
Just Completed My Second Order with Provident

Transaction went seamlessly.  Sent a wire transfer in payment and they acknowledged same business day (late Friday).  They shipped on Tuesday and I received on Thursday.  They are in Texas like me so registered mail got here pretty quickly.

Shipment is wrapped very tightly so no one knows what's in the package.

Will continue to buy from them.

Very satisfied.

Ferd Torgerson
Ferd Torgerson's picture
Another Great Transaction

Just finished my third transaction  with Provident.  Ordered Saturday evening.  Sent wire on Monday. Received merchandise on Thursday.  They handle every transaction with care.

Joy on Maui
Joy on Maui's picture
Hat Tips: 40
Provident Metals

Have 2 completed, 2 pending orders with these guys and they are tops in every respect.  I thought Gainesville Coins was pretty good, these guys are better still.

Vypuero
Vypuero's picture
Hat Tips: 3999
I got a great deal on Mexican 50 Peso gold coins

Waiting for delivery my check needs to clear.  I will advise if there are any issues but their price was great.  Of course still higher than the price now but that is EE beatdown fault I won't sweat that.

Ferd Torgerson
Ferd Torgerson's picture
Just Completed 4th Transaction

Just received merchandise from my 4th order from Provident.

No problems.  These guys are the best.

Ferd

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Review: Provident Metals"