Portable Solar light

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Grimvisions
Grimvisions's picture
Hat Tips: 1
Portable Solar light

I have been buing a few different solar powered lighting options recently. my most recent purchase was a d.light from http://www.dlightdesign.com/home_global.php it is a portable solar powered cube shaped light. It can be charged with either the included solar panel, or a Nokia phone charger. It has a few output levels and is quite durable. 

Even in my overcast locale the panel seems to charge the unit quite well.

If you are looking for a portable solar powered light source check it out.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:07
CoalCracker
CoalCracker's picture
Hat Tips: 39
Great Solar Light

I like the solar light idea but I am saving for a low cost solar panel kit I saw on Amazon;

http://www.amazon.com/Sunforce-50048-60-Watt-Solar-Charging/dp/B000CIADLG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308249291&sr=8-1

Nothing to power large appliances (I have generator for that), mostly looking at it for charging a car battery (or two) to later charge batteries, our laptops, lights, etc.

Grimvisions
Grimvisions's picture
Hat Tips: 1
I like that idea, nice

I like that idea, nice looking product. I am in the process of moving into a new house and was considering putting in solar panels on the roof. Currently the house has NG furnace, Stove, Dryer, So electricity is mainly used for lights, fridge and my shop. So I wouldn't need that big of a setup, so I dont know how much I would gain from doing it.

I like the cost and footprint of the Sunforce as a backup power solution, I might look into that.

KPR

tmosley
tmosley's picture
Hat Tips: 14948
Walmart

I got the exact same one from Walmart.com.  I went with them because of their super return policy.  I didn't want to get stuck with a broken cell.

It arrived just fine.  I am able to run a TV and DVD player off of it during the day (all day), and for another two hours at night with the small battery I have.  The laptop consumes a similar amount of juice.

Edit:  For Grimvisions--I would suggest you checkout sunelec.com.  This little thing isn't going to get you there, not even for whole house lighting.  You can light maybe a couple of rooms at night.  It is also expensive on a per watt basis.  Sunelec has some nice packages that include everything needed for your system.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Portable Solar light"