Here's a thought experiment:
- Picture an X.
- The euro represents the top-left to bottom-right branch, PMs the bottom-left to top-right.
- They are intersecting in the middle like light sabers.... ggghhiigggcccchhhsssschhhiiissss
- As their energy fields cross they get scrambled and seem to rotate around each other.
- They then part and carry on in their respective directions.
- Euro (read; fiat) goes down, PMs go up.
Just a thought.
:) yea man, could do, I'm mildly long gold, I think its a different animal to silver when there are wars around, and as long as Oil goes up faster than silver I'll survive the leveraged face-ripping..
BTW Disclaimer, if anyones wondering, all this talk of long and short blah blah is only on my play-for-fun Forex account, I am fully long physical Gold & silver via Bullionvault for nearly 3 years now, and that holding is in seriously strong hands. all this gambling and speculation is specifically to prevent me doing too much gambling with that.