Pailin's Trading Corner

38632 posts / 0 new
Last post
pailin
pailin's picture
Hat Tips: 12962
Pailin's Trading Corner

I trade both gold and silver, but day trade silver more often.

That's why this is in the silver area.

I'll post my targets on a regular basis here.

If it's not for you...just skip the topic :)

I never buy at the bottom and I always sell too soon. -Baron Rothschild

Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones. -Bertrand Russell

pailin
pailin's picture
Today's stink bids - XAG

Today's stink bids - XAG 33.35, XAU 1481.

I'm already long XAU 1531.8 with a target sell 1544.

Otherwise flat (for trading) XAG.

Still feeling neutral to negative on seasonal trend here.

Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones. -Bertrand Russell

Devise
Devise's picture
Hat Tips: 350
I was hoping you would have

I was hoping you would have your own thread! Hopefully atlee will create this own too. Thanks pailin. Mind if you post a little bio here. Would be interested to know where your from and stuff? I can understand that maybe too personal, but your a popular figure in turd world.

NCOT
NCOT's picture
Hat Tips: 954
Thanks Pailin. Other than the

Thanks Pailin.

Other than the stink bids, any other suggestions for the day?

- Edit - ignore that, re-read the post and saw flat!

Any information written above is purely for entertainment purposes only. I will not be held responsible for my own comments as I'm slightly mentally unhinged.
As most people quote a movie in their signature here's one:
"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" . Don't be the fool that follows me!

BlackHawk
BlackHawk's picture
Hat Tips: 3794
Glad You're Here Pailin

It will take some getting used to, finding pailin and atlee comments in different forums. I hope this will be the regular spot to find active traders who know what they're doing. Thanks for sharing what you know pailin. I really appreciate it.

CoachFX
CoachFX's picture
Hat Tips: 174
Thanks

Thanks -- looking forward to your trading targets for silver. Best of luck to all.

CoachFX

bim jeam
bim jeam's picture
Hat Tips: 447
Exactly what I was looking for.....

Thanks pailin!!

Devise wrote:
I was hoping you would have your own thread! Hopefully atlee will create this own too.

Μολὼν λάβε

Silverman
Silverman's picture
Hat Tips: 1757
Looks like we're having

Looks like we're having difficulty finding each other here. cheeky

Kiwi
Kiwi's picture
Hat Tips: 240
Love The Avatar

@Pailin

Glad to see you carried the "My little Pony" theme into the new site....too funny.

On another thread they were saying look for a retest of 34.40 before getting in, any thoughts on that?

I'm afraid I'm going to spend a lot of this summer trying to sit still and not trade, this will be the first summer I've traded through and so far it's just chopping up and down with a general down trend...I miss last fall.

Be Prepared
Be Prepared's picture
Hat Tips: 22626
Looking forward to your thread

Pailin.... I will definitely be following and commenting on your thread.  Look forward to your thoughts and discussions.

Plan for Tomorrow, but Work your Plan Today

Battle Beagle
Battle Beagle's picture
Hat Tips: 1131
Looks like we have a nice

Looks like we have a nice double bottom forming from yesterdays lows and hopefully a FUBM in the making currently. 

pailin
pailin's picture
Bio

Devise wrote:

Mind if you post a little bio here.

I'll offer up info that I previously posted on the old Turd. I'm just under middle-aged, presently unemployed (aka self-employed :), live in New England, USA. I worked many years in financial services, long enough to know from the inside that the conspiracy theories are more right than wrong in a broad sense. Paper is a joke, a game of hot potato at best.

I may also be the cheapest b@stard you'll even know. My primer was The Millionaire Next Door. It's not what you earn as much as what you keep (or don't spend). When you do spend, how you spend is very important (new car vs. used, etc.) And, relevant to this site, how you hold your savings (fiat, metals, reinvest in your own business, etc.)  When I was worked for others, I saved 50% ore more of my gross income. Year after year. My net worth is greater than the cumulative of my w-2s for the last 15 yrs. This was primarily accomplished through saving vs. spending, not savvy trading. I only starting actively trading in November 2010.

One "cheap" example - I have not used any source of heat (hot showers aside) for the last three years. In New England. I layer. And love it. I do not have children, and would not do this if I did. The fiat saved (approx. $2700/winter) is pushed into physical gold and silver on a seasonal low basis (Jan/Feb) every year. I could give many other examples where I choose goods over services as a lifestyle, but don't want to alienate you folks too much :)

pailin
pailin's picture

[quote=Kiwi]On another thread they were saying look for a retest of 34.40 before getting in, any thoughts on that?...I miss last fall.[quote]From the view right here, I think 30 is in the cards this summer, maybe even a needle into 29s. I'm not building a line in XAG at present. My stink bids represent day trades that I'm ok holding until they go green. Small positions, small gains. Fall will be here soon enough. Better to be patient than burn a lot of energy, if nothing else, with excessive trading now. Your physical should be your insurance to capture unforeseen non-seasonal spikes up based on world events. There is always a chance that this summer will be different, but that's a bad way to trade. My take anyway.

pailin
pailin's picture
XAU 1532

What just happened? My bad XAU trade is green all of a sudden :)

Tempting to close it now, I think we're going back down soon enough, but I'm going to stick to my target 1544.

CrashTheComex
CrashTheComex's picture
Hat Tips: 132

pailin wrote:

I may also be the cheapest b@stard you'll even know. My primer was The Millionaire Next Door. It's not what you earn as much as what you keep (or don't spend). When you do spend, how you spend is very important (new car vs. used, etc.) And, relevant to this site, how you hold your savings (fiat, metals, reinvest in your own business, etc.)  When I was worked for others, I saved 50% ore more of my gross income. Year after year. 

You just described me !! 

I am modestly comfortable, got a good nestegg behind me while in my 20's and was able to retire.. Since then I have turned that nestegg a few 100% also. But even in a position, I drive an old car, refuse to join the consumption for consumption game.. I travel a lot, live in Asia so have plenty of interesting places to go ride around, stuff like that. I dont owe one cent, now or ever, dont do credit in any form. 

I firmly think the key to ending up comfortable is to always remain within your means on the way up. 

pailin
pailin's picture
Means

CrashTheComex wrote:

I firmly think the key to ending up comfortable is to always remain within your means on the way up.

I may have taken this too far...I've been living far below my means :)

Bay of Pigs
Bay of Pigs's picture
@ Pailin

Thanks for sharing. Great to see this site taking shape with people you'd like to get to know....

A hat Tip to you Sir! 

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Good morning Pailin! Little

Good morning Pailin!

Little tricky finding all the old gang now, but things will settle in a few days maybe...

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

Dr G
Dr G's picture
Hat Tips: 17889
Time

pailin, time to live on a 2 shoestring budget :)

As an aside, who are you doing this for then? Will you eventually retire to an island and live out your days in tranquility? You have no children, so who will you pass your wealth to?

Many of us are doing this for our children, and their children. For many of us it is also a bit of a game and quite addictive. No right or wrong either way in my book. Just wondering what your motivations are?

Battle Beagle
Battle Beagle's picture
Hat Tips: 1131
FUBM ;)

Battle Beagle wrote:

Looks like we have a nice double bottom forming from yesterdays lows and hopefully a FUBM in the making currently. 

The FUBM is in overdrive at the moment, the question is how far do we go on this move, $36, 36.50 or $37+? 

xaritas
xaritas's picture
Hat Tips: 1357
XAU rocket

Twitter rumors:

http://www.forexlive.com/blog/2011/06/15/gold-someone-struck-a-nerve/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Pailin's Trading Corner"