The next great silver junior?

149 posts / 0 new
Last post
silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
Hat Tips: 1270
The next great silver junior?

I made some fantastic money on Arian Silver in 2010 riding it up from 6p to 60p. These early stage juniors, which are on their way to drilling out tens or hundreds of millions of ounces, with a view to rolling into production or selling out, are a great way to make money when the macroeconomic rhythms are in place.

Do you have a tip for the next ten-bagger silver junior success story?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:10
bobby
bobby's picture
Hat Tips: 2892
no, but I'm open to

no, but I'm open to listening

I took a flier on ERRCF recently

probably two guys with some equipment and a dream

paid more than that to see the next card, why not

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Hat Tips: 11941
Can we please posts names in

Can we please posts names in addition to tickers? Sometimes some are on different exchanges. I noticed this as a frustration at the old blog. Thanks!

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

Sockeye
Sockeye's picture
Hat Tips: 1234
Question   is Arian Silver

Question

is Arian Silver sill a good buy.  what is the situation.  are they actually mining silver and where.  or is it an exploration company

I am almost always wrong. But the fun in life is those few times when I am right.

silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
Hat Tips: 1270
They are producing, in

They are producing, in Mexico. But plan A is really just to use the production income to finance the continued drilling to get the resource up towards 200m ounces and get in a takeover bid.

At the moment they have 42 million inferred, but the results this year have been good, and the CEO, Jim Williams, recently did a video interview in which he indicated that he expects the brewing resource upgrade to take the company up past 100 million ounces. That will come maybe in August, with another resource upgrade at the end of the year. There are results out within the next week or two, and the rumour is that there may be some gold.

If you take the whole "end of QE2" thing out of the picture and the time of year, then Arian is a fantastic buy at sub 30p imho. The recent discrepancy in production figures which caused the price fall was very concerning, but it appears to have been a theft which is covered by insurance, and therefore does not call into question the resource numbers.

Don't take my word for it, though. Do your own dd, as always.

LeeHo
LeeHo's picture
Hat Tips: 1456
What do u think about...

Any thoughts on these?

USSIF.PK  US Silver Corp     0.467   USD    USA.V

SPD.TO   Silver Predator   0.71  CAD no US listing

AUMN  Golden Minerals  19.16 USD   AUM.TO

GPRXF.PK    Golden Predator 1.02 USD   GPD.TO

Kryptonite for ...
Kryptonite for Bankers's picture
Hat Tips: 497
How early stage are you

How early stage are you meaning? I am currently working with a very very early stage junior that is extremely interesting. Full disclosure: I have a position and am talking my own book. As always, DYODD.

Driven Capital Corp. TSX.V - DVV (www.drivencapital.ca)

Brand new company that came thru the CPC process. Only 12.4 million shares out. Most of those in escrow until the end of July, so the actual float at this point is a tiny 2 million shares.

Two Properties. One Silver, one Gold. The Gold property was the qualifying transaction. It is called Kuyakuz Mountain it is in BC, Canada, and borders Richfield Ventures Blackwater project on the Eastern side. Richfield were recently bought out by Newgold in a $550 million transaction. The Blackwater property is open to mineralization in all directions and open to depth. Newgold think there is potential for a district scale play here. Drilling from Blackwater was trending east towards Kuyakuz. Exploration has started there: mapping sampling etc. This is grassroots and very early stage.

The Silver project is called the Lyn property. It is in the Yukon just southeast of Faro. The property is 4700 hectares and shows mineralization that occurs as a swarm of galena-tetrahedritesphalerite- quartz-carbonate veins hosted within a major NW-SE trending shear zone which is part of the regional Tintina Fault system. Historic drilling showed some extraordinary silver mineralization. The best hole was 7.9 meters of 4,354 g/t Ag and 32% Zinc. WARNING: drilling was from the 80's and is NOT 43-101 compliant. This property needs a great deal of systematic exploration. Exploration has just recently commenced here.

I can't emphasize enough that this is a high risk exploration junior and requires that you DYODD. You can lose your shirt on any exploration play!!!

The market cap on this one is tiny and it fits the criteria for "potential ten-bagger"

LeeHo
LeeHo's picture
Golden Predator

Do your DD on GPD.TO  and let me know what you think.    I welcome any feedback on this...... YUKON, thousands of claims etc.........

GPRXF.PK    Golden Predator 1.02 USD   GPD.TO

GPD.TO  owns a ton of SPD.TO

LeeHo
LeeHo's picture
I do not like anything that

I do not like anything that is not 43-101 compliant.

I was not around for Bre-X.  Good thing that 43-101 came from that.

esib100oz
esib100oz's picture
Hat Tips: 124
Does anyone have thoughts on

Does anyone have thoughts on GPL and the recent activity?

staxer

LeeHo
LeeHo's picture
GPL    Great Panther Silver
GPL    Great Panther Silver Limited

I like it better at 2.55.    The price action over the last year is from 5.04 to 0.64.

Just my observance.

Kryptonite for ...
I do not like anything that is not 43-101 compliant

LeeHo wrote:

I do not like anything that is not 43-101 compliant.

I was not around for Bre-X.  Good thing that 43-101 came from that.

Fair enough, LeeHo. But I would argue that something with a 43-101 is hardly early stage. In fact I would call it quite established. DVV can't have a 43-101 until they drill, but you can't completely discount the non compliant historic showings. They are indicative of potential (and nothing more). This is a grass roots play and is being presented as such.

LeeHo
LeeHo's picture
Specs

Krypto,  I stand corrected.   I know that there is huge $$ to be made by finding spec miners that have potential and have not been discovered yet.  Let me know if you a have any other specs out there.  -LeeHo

Kryptonite for ...
Always happy to share any

Always happy to share any info I have, LeeHo. I'm thinking we should lay down some definitions for this thread as a guideline and for investor safety. "Junior" can mean a lot of things. we should perhaps establish minimum and maximum market cap etc. I can start a separate thread for nano-cap stocks if people feel things like DVV are out of place here.

LeeHo
LeeHo's picture
RE Always Happy...

@Krypto

I like the Idea that we can start an new thread for "Nano" cap stocks. That is basically my focus now.  I'm allocated mostly in proven companies but always looking for a 100 banger under a dollar or so.  That is where the big boys are allocating they're $$.  Eric Sprott, Rob McEwen and others...

TheGreatKD
TheGreatKD's picture
Hat Tips: 341
NextGreat Future Silver Mine-Golden Goliath

I have been investing in Silver mining companies for 7 years and have managed to make enough $$$ to retire and do this fulltime. I live in San Diego where it is quite expensive to live ( we pay for the weather) and support a wife and 3 wonderful kids. IMHO  Golden Goliath symbol GNG.V on the Vancouver exchange (GGTHF on the pinks) is the most promising JR out there. Massive land positions in Mexico, Junior Venture drill partner with Agnico Eagle, Sprott has a nice position along with Doug Casey and Jim Dines. The stock is currently way way undervalued at 25 cents. In a few years this will be a $2 stock minimum. Check the out and good luck if you decide to take the plunge. IMHO you will not be sorry. Hope this helps.   KD

Matt 21:42

tankiki
tankiki's picture
Hat Tips: 97
GNG?

I remembered Mr. Dines recommending this stock. Do you know about management? If so! Can you share a bit more? I might look into it? This summer will be good to scope some good juniors...

LeeHo
LeeHo's picture
Thanks KD

KD,  thanks for the  find on GGTHF.pk

I like this stock. Thanks for the pick.  0.27 is the current price per share.

Keep the pics coming.....

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
RE: What do u think about...

I just picked up some Golden Predator. They have had some very nice results posted recently on assays and I didn't want to miss the boat. That being said if you are in the US and don't have access to the Canadian Exchanges, Golden Predator also owns many shares of Silver Predator so you can get in that way. So, when Silver Predator gets on a US exchange I will certainly be buying. PS This is a Yukon play. And GP was one of the first ones staking up in the Yukon along with Shawn Ryan and a couple of other folks (Underworld Resources (now owned by Kinross), ATAC, Kaminak). Definitely worth looking into. I am excited about this one.

A lot of folks that are interested in US Silver seem to think it will be taken out by a larger company and buy it for that speculation. Perhaps HL, CDE, or PAAS. Mines Management (MGN) is another US silver company that I am interested in. They seem to have some nice reserves. Around 240 million oz. Again, another possible take over candidate.

I read some info on Golden Minerals recently. I was following Apogee Silver (which Sprott owns a chunk of) and noticed that an older article spoke of a large silver mine (I think this article was from 321gold) in Bolivia? Yes Bolivia. The mine in question was called the San Cristobal. Long story short, Sumitomo bought that mine from Apogee Silver, which made me look deeper into Apogee Silver.

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/moriarty121205.html (article from 2005)

Now that being said, Apogee Silver is an interesting Bolivia play. After the recent Bolivia scare Apogee took a hit like a couple of other's that mine in Bolivia. They have another mine in Bolivia called Pulacayo-Paca that has about 80 million oz. of silver which was purchased from Golden Minerals (who will have 8 million shares in Apogee once the deal is 100% completed). The property is 34k hectares and looks to be a low cost producer with lead and zinc credits. They also have a project in Chile on about half as much land which they own 75% of and an option to buy the other 25% from Valencia Ventures. This would be a silver/zinc/gold mine. With another 20 million oz. silver. Again with zinc and gold credits to help reduce the costs. In my research, I don't think either of these properties have been explored to their full potential meaning I believe resource estimates can be improved upon.

The deal with Apogee made me look into Golden Minerals more. Golden Minerals is interesting to me but like Doug Casey says, "You can't kiss all the girls." But I think their 15k hectares in the Zacatecas mining district will prove to be something to watch when the results come in. And their Argentia property is 67k hectares! Check the 43-101. They have a lot of properties spread throughout Central and South America and a couple of large properties. They have some mining subsidiaries too. It's worth a look into this one, I feel it has a lot of potential. Projects are in various stages.

As usual, DYODD. Plenty of great info at these sites. What I typically do is get an idea of the land size of projects, oz. in the ground, people involved, look at reserves, get an idea of how much of the properties have been explored, check the quick fact sheets, and the latest corporate preso. Check number of shares, institutional owners, debt level, etc. too.

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
RE: Always happy to share any

Kryptonite for Bankers wrote:

Always happy to share any info I have, LeeHo. I'm thinking we should lay down some definitions for this thread as a guideline and for investor safety. "Junior" can mean a lot of things. we should perhaps establish minimum and maximum market cap etc. I can start a separate thread for nano-cap stocks if people feel things like DVV are out of place here.

Good idea Krypto. I was thinking about creating some metrics in which to judge juniors. This is just how I evaluate them based on a lot of readings I have done. I alluded to it in a post above. Maybe somehow we can combine these ideas into a thread? Get it to be an educational sticky somewhere.

PS GPL falls into my "Large historic mining districts with huge potential that have not been mined or explored by modern technology and the companies that own them or parts of them" thesis that I will probably write an article for here. I'm very bullish on GPL for the long term. And heck they just put out record earnings today too btw! :)

Blue Sky
Blue Sky's picture
Hat Tips: 2160
ORKO Silver

Orko is in a JV with PAA at present.  they have 150m ounces at La Preciosa.  In the last couple of weeks the sp has maintained and gradually increased.  Apparently they are being included in the Market Vectors GDXJ and the Russell Global index.  Unlike many of their peers they are at the almost top of their trading range, just .40 off the high which was only for one day.

They should have the new PEA out in the next few weeks. 

I am not a day trader and have been in ORKO since it fell to .58 in 2008 but I have steadily accumulated.  There will be opportunities for quick trades but I'll be waiting to see what happens with the JV.

Not much news from management because of the JV but a good play IMHO

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "The next great silver junior?"