Move the "subject" down and un bold it...put the user name in bold up top and bold it.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
joe rocker
joe rocker's picture
Hat Tips: 119
Move the "subject" down and un bold it...put the user name in bold up top and bold it.

Put the user name in bold at the top instead of that "subject" thing that's there now.  I want to EASILY see WHO is saying what...some peoples comments I care more about than others.  Also...why do we NEED a subject in a thread that already has a subject?  Why can't I skip a new subject?

Just thoughts...

joe rocker
joe rocker's picture
No editing? I'm talking about

No editing?

I'm talking about in the home page blog..."The Safe Havens"...when you look at the comments.

Could you add the site address to introductory YouTube clip?

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
I would go with even less

I would go with even less verbosity here and just do 

JoeSchmoe said: Could you add the site address to introductory youtube clip? 

I would truncate (...) the length when necessary.

stephanie
stephanie's picture
Hat Tips: 9983
Subject line

joe rocker wrote:

Put the user name in bold at the top instead of that "subject" thing that's there now.  I want to EASILY see WHO is saying what...some peoples comments I care more about than others.  Also...why do we NEED a subject in a thread that already has a subject?  Why can't I skip a new subject?

Just thoughts...

The subject line is there so people can easily skim the subject lines to see if they are interested in reading the comment. In part, the site was designed to be tablet friendly and the subject lines might seem large on a computer screen but actually read as a slightly large bold on handheld devices.

Also, if you read the subject lines in the comments you'll already find people using the subjects to emphasize certain ideas. Guarantee that if subjects were removed from comments now, some people would be asking where they went and want them back.

Your feedback is absolutely appreciated - we do take comments into consideration, but for some things we simply cannot accommodate all personal preferences, and as with everything, there are trade-offs.

admin
admin's picture
Hat Tips: 2964
I want to EASILY see WHO is saying what

joe rocker wrote:

I want to EASILY see WHO is saying what...some peoples comments I care more about than others.

In the long run, the better way to do this will be to add functionality allowing users to subscribe to other users.  This will allow you to have a dedicated page to follow comments and posts of those you're most interested in.  Such an approach would provide the best of both worlds.

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

joe rocker
joe rocker's picture
It confuses me seeing all

It confuses me seeing all these varying subjects...especially when it's supposed to be about the title subject.

But, as you said...it's not designed by me...it's designed for mobile users...the future.

Thanks for the explanation.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Move the "subject" down and un bold it...put the user name in bold up top and bold it."