More Capital Controls Coming?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Silver Alert
Silver Alert's picture
Hat Tips: 1438
More Capital Controls Coming?

The email below that some people have reportedly received has been referenced on a few sites now (here's one http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1532953/pg1)  Does this mean that TPTB won't let the moonshot in gold/silver happen until after then?

From Forex.com:

We wanted to make you aware of some upcoming changes to FOREX.com’s product offering. As a result of the Dodd-Frank Act enacted by US Congress, a new regulation prohibiting US residents from trading over the counter precious metals, including gold and silver, will go into effect on Friday, July 15, 2011.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:07

To a cat, "NO" just means "later."

Sockeye
Sockeye's picture
Hat Tips: 1234
It seems to me to be an

It seems to me to be an obvious attempt to supress gold and silver.  Especially to stop the little person from protecting his wealth.  Only the big banks and gov will be allowed to get rich on the backs of the taxpayers.  This is just another way that the government is robbing the people.

In the end it is a bad move.  It will only accelerate the end.  people will move to protect themselves in other ways.  it will cause money to go offshore.

I am almost always wrong. But the fun in life is those few times when I am right.

GFforever
GFforever's picture
Hat Tips: 6
I got the same :   We wanted

I got the same :

We wanted to make you aware of some upcoming changes to FOREX.com's product offering. As a result of the Dodd-Frank Act enacted by US Congress, a new regulation prohibiting US residents from trading over the counter precious metals, including gold and silver, will go into effect on Friday, July 15, 2011. In conjunction with this new regulation, FOREX.com must discontinue metals trading for US residents on Friday, July 15, 2011 at the close of trading at 5pm ET. As a result, all open metals positions must be closed by July 15, 2011 at 5pm ET. 

This new regulation impacts all US residents as well as all accounts serviced through our US regulated business. However, as a non-US resident, you may continue to trade spot metals by transferring your account to our UK regulated entity, FOREX.com UK Ltd, which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. 

It is getting dark outside !! Got gold ?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "More Capital Controls Coming?"