Merger Of US Gold, Minera Andes??

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
tankiki
tankiki's picture
Hat Tips: 97
Merger Of US Gold, Minera Andes??

Hummm... Can this lift UXG and MAI? 

Hello, I saw this today and am wondering if you think this will be a good move for both companies?  Also does anyone have news from the Lawsuit with MAI recently?  I am holding tight to my shares although they got a bitten recently...

Thanks a bunch!

http://www.kitco.com/reports/KitcoNews20110614AS_interview.html

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:10
Nowhuffo
Nowhuffo's picture
Hat Tips: 802
Merger

Otto at his IKN blog commented  on it. 

Mike
Mike's picture
Hat Tips: 234
Thanks for posting

I own both. Interesting.

A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences. Proverbs 22:3

Nowhuffo
Nowhuffo's picture
Hat Tips: 802
Merger

From Marketwire:

Rob McEwen to Discuss Merger Details at US Gold's AGM in Toronto

1 King West, Grand Banking Hall, June 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM Eastern

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - June 14, 2011) - US Gold Corporation (NYSE:UXG)(TSX:UXG) - Rob McEwen, Chairman and CEO, invites you to attend US Gold's 2011 Annual General Meeting. Rob will be providing details on his proposed merger between US Gold and Minera Andes and how the combination will create a high growth, low-cost, mid-tier silver producer focused in the America's. In addition, he will also be discussing his outlook for gold and silver.

The meeting will be held in the Grand Banking Hall at 1 King West Hotel in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Doors will open at 3:45 PM (Eastern). Directions can be located by clicking on the following: http://www.usgold.com/news/pdf/20110614_agm/usgold_agm_invite_2011_1.pdf

Live webcast can be viewed by clicking: http://www.meetview.com/usgold2011

Corporate presentation can be viewed by clicking: http://www.usgold.com/news/pdf/20110614_agm/20110614_usgold_agm_presentation.pdf

bobby
bobby's picture
Hat Tips: 2892
not sure if I will do it

not sure if I will do it right, but a big hat tip for this

I wonder, what will it mean?

The acquired company usually increases in value?

What will the split be, how many GG shares for every Minera Andes share?

I trust McEuen. He has a lot to do with why I sunk my George Washingtons into the deal. I hope he is true to his word.

Kumanari
Kumanari's picture
Hat Tips: 1465
Merger

Just scooped more uxg at about $5.50 adding (doubling) my jan$10 calls.  I was going to buy Minera but now I don't have too. McEwen's plan is to be on sp 500 by '15 I imagine he will get there well before that date as he has a tendency to under promise and over deliver. I believe I read a piece today that said they're ag cost was -$.40 and going lower. That is no misprint NEGATIVE .40 (forty cents). McEwen has a history of sitting on product, selling later in the bull getting more $. UXG is the only  (usa)jr on the nyse according to KWN.

My one small issue is the name change, companies with certain words in their name will go super ballistic in the mania phase ( gold , silver, us) as they did in  the 30's and 70's.

Gold Bond powder went up several hundred percent in the 30's because of that. I quadrupled my $ on Strategic Rare Earths in 09 on that logic, they mine marble but I had observed them doubling and tripling (.02 -.04) so I threw 1k at them and 2 months later bam!

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
I like it

Minera has the current production, US Gold has the cash, and they both bring growth projects to the pipeline.  I own both, so I'm not really quibbling about which is better to hold right now, etc.

I went through the presentation about it earlier today.  Nowhuffo posted the link above.  It's good.

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

infinite_easing
infinite_easing's picture
Hat Tips: 1691
implied pps

the implied price per share of MAI based on prposed buy out price and shares outstanding runs to almost C$2.21. It closed today around 2.17, so it is fairly valued at this point.

hawkeye
hawkeye's picture
Hat Tips: 84
El Gallo silver mine

I watched the AGM for US Gold today and was very impressed with Rob McEwen and the V.P.'s who also spoke at the meeting. The El Gallo project was discussed and will be a money-maker for McEwen Mining. Development costs are projected at $150 million with a one-year payback rate with silver at $28 an ounce. Existing reserves are projecting a 6 year mine length, but he noted that the deposit is still open and drilling will continue. McEwan also answered a question from the audience about dividends. He stated that miners that pay dividends and reward shareholders meaningfully also reduce the cost of capital for the company. I expect McEwen Mining will be a leader when the bull market in silver resumes. I own the stock and plan to add to my holdings when QE3 is put into place, or whatever the new plan will be called. 

xaritas
xaritas's picture
Hat Tips: 1357
Good leadership

I'm probably overweight in Rob McEwen operated companies by normal portfolio recommendations, but I sleep well. Obviously Rob McEwen's portfolio is also overweight in Rob McEwen operated companies. I'm sure he is doing this to maximize value going forward. If the market's reaction to this is dumb, I will buy more.

I love companies with CEOs who are in love with their product. 

BUDDHA PRINCESS
BUDDHA PRINCESS's picture
Hat Tips: 4466
US Gold (McEwen Mining Inc) AGM and Minera Andes Merger

I have attended the meeting today. There was over 100 people attending. I have been reading Rob Mc Even's articles and watching his video.  He takes no salary and has about 25% control in combined company, which is currently worth $345 million. I told him that his fingers are dusted with gold as he has been so very successful with so many of his projects and companies.

I have been long thinking about investing in mining shares and I think I have found the one I want to invest in. They are planning to be in production by 2014 same time the price of  Gold was predicted to be 5K and silver 200. He will also pushing for the company to be included  in SP 500.  He mentioned that new qualification for inclusion  has been increased from $3.5 billion to $5 billion. So this merger will bring this new company McEwen Mining Inc. one step closer to his aim.

One of the shareholders asked if the merger would allow for accelerated funding for Minera Andes’ exploration properties. Rob said "definitely". There was a small reception with open bar afterwards, which gave the shareholders opportunity to talk to each other and mingle. 

I hope this will be a golden opportunity.

Ford_Prefect
Ford_Prefect's picture
Hat Tips: 295
Cash Flow Is King

A couple of things (disclosure: I own both)...

1. Rob was on KWN and said the debt pay down on Minera is complete by Q1 2012 and cash flow from Hochschild partnership doubles (already a healthy positive). UXG has no cash flow, but has bullion in piles. The merger creates a debt-free, heavily capitalized company with excellent cash flow growth.
  2. UXG is in extreme oversold position. See chart: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=UXG&p=D&yr=3&mn=3&dy=0&id=p84570953752&a=235997171
  3. It has been brutally shorted as of late: http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/shortinterests.aspx?symbol=UXG&selected=UXG
  4. I think it can go lower as the market continues to sell off, so waiting a while will get an even better deal.
Turd Mentality
Turd Mentality's picture
Hat Tips: 2
Copper

I think the merger is good to potentially stabilize both company share prices. Extra cash also allows for a more concerted drilling effort. As an MAI shareholder I am concerned that any details of the potentially huge copper holdings have not been made public. I don't think the value is reflected in the current MAI share price. As such I think the offer of 0.4 UXG shares is too low. 

Ford_Prefect
Ford_Prefect's picture
Hat Tips: 295
Los Azules

Agree on the copper bit, but there's an ongoing legal fight over ownership of that property and I think it will be a long time before it's resolved.

Silvergunn
Silvergunn's picture
Hat Tips: 680
MNEAF and UXG

I am holding 4 times the MNEAF value as UXG so I hope they sweeten the 0.4 of UXG higher :)

Other than that, this is why I like Rob McEwen, he's da man!!!

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Merger analysis

I posted my own analysis of this merger on my gold miner thread. Comment # 42.   Feel free to check it out.

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/672/eric-os-favorite-gold-miners

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

ghost
ghost's picture
Hat Tips: 1104
So when do you guys think the

So when do you guys think the merger will happen, and once they merge will UXG / Minera's shares go up?

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Ghost Re: Minera/UXG

McEwen says he'd like to get it done by the end of October.  Generally speaking, I think they are going up, but I don't know if wrapping up the merger will be a particular catalyst.  It will have more to do with gold/silver prices, and drilling results, as usual.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Merger Of US Gold, Minera Andes??"