List of Best Places To Buy/Store Precious Metals Internationally. Pls Contribute!

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
tanjr364
tanjr364's picture
Hat Tips: 31
List of Best Places To Buy/Store Precious Metals Internationally. Pls Contribute!

As an Asian Turdite, i'll talk about Singapore and Hong Kong. i hope the rest of the community can contribute so that we can create a database of reliable 3rd party storage/bullion dealers worldwide as well as relevant VAT/GST/Capital gains tax issues in various jurisdictions. especially hope to hear from Aussie/Kiwi/South African/European/Latin American Turdites.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
Mario
Mario's picture
To buy phyz in europe > www.kronwitter-muenzen.de

For europe, http://www.kronwitter-muenzen.de/
Good prices and good service, although they sometimes they send you a few weeks later a "payment received" notification.

Never had any probs with them.

Mario
Mario's picture
for dutch speaking phyz buyers > thesilvermountain.nl

They are a bit more expensive the kronwittter, but their communication skills are a bit better, which could be useful for less novice buyers who expect that their dealer takes the time to answer basic investor questions.

TerrorTed
TerrorTed's picture
Hat Tips: 202
BullionVault

A lot of Americans use www.BullionVault.com as a way of diversifying risk on their physical by holding some silver and gold in bailment (owned by you, held by someone else) in a (UK) foreign vault.

BV has the lowest storage rates I've found. Buy and sells are market-based, and the commissions are very low.

The site is well-audited: it also has extensive FAQ and explains itself well. 

Disclaimer: I have ~18 Kg of silver there.

CrashTheComex
CrashTheComex's picture
Hat Tips: 132

TerrorTed wrote:
BV has the lowest storage rates I've found.

GMS offers free vaulting (currently). 

silversalmon
silversalmon's picture
Hat Tips: 743
Goldmoney.com and James Turk

With James Turk @ Goldmoney.com You can choose several options: Hong Kong, Singapore, Swit, etc. in many different currency denominations.

Number 47
Number 47's picture
Hat Tips: 4959
I use www.suissegold.ch, they

I use www.suissegold.ch, they offer 1 year free allocated vault storage or delivery.  They have great communication, good English and a nice inventory. I've spent tens of thousands of euros with them without issue and have traded pt and pd for gold and silver. They arranged collection, all very simple. Highly recommend them.

tanjr364
tanjr364's picture
what are the taxes that need

what are the taxes that need to be paid when purchasing PMs in Germany?

tanjr364
tanjr364's picture
in Singapore, i would

in Singapore, i would recommend http://www.silverbullion.com.sg/. problem is a 7percent GST.

fahrenheit451
fahrenheit451's picture
Hat Tips: 144
Sinagpore

There is no GST if you store your gold at the singapore freeport.  I had the recent opportunity and meet with their staff and view the facility.  In terms of privacy and asset protection, I can't think of a better spot in Asia.

Check out http://www.singaporefreeport.com/

If you have over a hundred ounces to store, it gets relatively cost effective.  I would suggest contacting  ariel.kohelet@malca-amit.com with Malca Amit at the freeport if you need more info.  I shipped my gold from NYC, but you also have the option to wire the freeport enough to buy in Kilo size bars they will store it in your private vault and mail you the key.  It's truly one of the most optimal private storage facilities in all of Asia, if not the world.

tanjr364
tanjr364's picture
sounds good. this is

sounds good. this is relatively new right? 

is there a minimum requirement and what are the fees like?

silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
Hat Tips: 1270
Singapore Freeport looks

Singapore Freeport looks interesting.

GoldMoney in Switzerland use Via Mat's vaulting facilities in the duty-free zone of Zurich airport. It's possible to open a direct personal account with Via Mat in the duty-free zone. There's no trading facility though, as far as I know, which is a pain. So maybe it's best to hold long-term core physical there, as a diversification, rather than anything you might wish to trade with any frequency.

tanjr364
tanjr364's picture
anyone able to comment on

anyone able to comment on Australia/NZ and Latin America?

silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
Hat Tips: 1270
In Australia you have the

In Australia you have the Perth Mint, where it costs 1.9% p.a. to store your silver. Less for gold; can't remember off the top of my head.

On the plus side, the PM is owned by the Western Australian government and all its metal is covered by a government guarantee. Some may see that kind of proximity as a negative. But on the other hand, Australia has ample natural resources, and would not be in as desperate a need to steal people's gold as say Britain will be in due course.

It's easy to buy and liquidate with the PM.

They offer various programs. The 1.9% refers to an allocated depository account. I personally wouldn't go for unallocated or pooled or certificated.

The 100 ounce silver bars are not numbered but the 1000 ounce silver bars are.

You can take delivery of your metal at any time.

Mac Inger
Mac Inger's picture
Hat Tips: 1
CNI/golddealer

Why dont i see these guys mentioned more often ? From all my online searchings the guys have the best prices. CLose to Tulving but no quantity limits.

They're local to me so i just go there and buy anyway

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
re: CNI

I always wondered that too.  Great prices, free shipping over $2000.  What's not to like?  But they never get any play on the blog.

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

prana
prana's picture
Hat Tips: 579
Silver Bullion / Store in Singapore

I buy from Silver Bullion too. But they don't have storage (yet) Their office and company storage is in Certis CISCO. Many of their customers, including expats who fly in from HK, Thailand etc, are using Certis CISCO boxes. 

http://www.certissecurity.com/safedeposit/index.php

For coins one might consider buying in places like HK e.g. Hang Seng bank will sell you Eagles over the counter. But for heavy bars, I accept the GST add-on because of:

1/ Convenience: buy from Silver Bullion's 5th floor office, borrow their pushcart + take your bullion down to your boxes on 3rd Floor

2/ Buyback: Silver Bullion will readily buy back specially if they sold it to you. They'll have your money ready in 2 days.

tanjr364 wrote:

in Singapore, i would recommend http://www.silverbullion.com.sg/. problem is a 7percent GST.

prana
prana's picture
Gold Switzerland

I would buy from Suissegold. But for "BUY+STORE" under a Swiss company, I would go with GoldSwitzerland:

http://goldswitzerland.com/

Egon von Greyerz is one of the good guys. Here he is with James Turk another guy whom I absolutely trust:

http://www.goldmoney.com/video/greyerz-interview.html

Number 47 wrote:

I use www.suissegold.ch, they offer 1 year free allocated vault storage or delivery.  They have great communication, good English and a nice inventory. I've spent tens of thousands of euros with them without issue and have traded pt and pd for gold and silver. They arranged collection, all very simple. Highly recommend them.

prana
prana's picture
Goldmoney.com

Clarification:

Goldmoney has only 3 storage locations: Zurich, London, Hong Kong

To use multiple currencies, you must have a Full Holding. This requires you to notarise documents etc. For a basic holding it's quick, just send scanned documents but you can only transfer up to USD150,000 or equivalent.

Otherwise I too give Goldmoney.com a big THUMBS UP. James Turk is a very honorable gentleman, that is why I have an account there.

silversalmon wrote:

With James Turk @ Goldmoney.com You can choose several options: Hong Kong, Singapore, Swit, etc. in many different currency denominations.

tanjr364
tanjr364's picture
i hope the government will

i hope the government will see the light, putting a GST on gold is counterproductive to trying to be a regional/global hub for wealth management.

prana
prana's picture
GST

I HEARTILY AGREE!!!

That is how Singapore Freeport came about. Auction houses (Sothebys, Christies) and art dealers were taking business/shows to HK + China. Now they are struggling to win back that market.

tanjr364 wrote:

i hope the government will see the light, putting a GST on gold is counterproductive to trying to be a regional/global hub for wealth management.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "List of Best Places To Buy/Store Precious Metals Internationally. Pls Contribute!"