Latest Peter Schiff Vlog on "The Greek Tragedy"

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jake
Jake's picture
Hat Tips: 7806
Latest Peter Schiff Vlog on "The Greek Tragedy"

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:07

Your Silver--I Want to Buy it! Sell Me Your Silver!

Captain Silver
Captain Silver's picture
Hat Tips: 758
There you have it...

Well there you have it.  QE to the end.  Got gold?

Our monetary system has been hijacked by morons! Abandon ship!!!!

davefess
davefess's picture
Hat Tips: 753
operation twist

and screw the middle class some more. No way out. The question is does it start this summer or fall?

"it's game over man, game over!"

Spinny
Spinny's picture
Hat Tips: 547
These guys are phenomenal at

These guys are phenomenal at kicking the can down the road...I will be watching this situation very closely as I would love to make some fiat off a Greek default. But in all likeliness they will come of with a temporary solution. If they don't lots of banksters holding Greek debt will be very screwed.

What is the biggest public fallacy about market behavior? That markets are supposed to make sense. ~ Richard Dennis

davefess
davefess's picture
Hat Tips: 753
greek people

they are probably the only chance, if the austerity measures put in place make them revolt. However, there is quite a bit of talk that the IMF will aid Greece in short term without the measures. Eventually this comes crashing down, but boy its hard to know just how far they can prolong this.

"it's game over man, game over!"

Captain Silver
Captain Silver's picture
Good question

davefess wrote:

and screw the middle class some more. No way out. The question is does it start this summer or fall?

I have a client who is a long time lobbyist and previous administration staff member and he thinks they've got about 4 years of dry powder left.  But he's a statist and an optimist and doesn't see civil unrest as a possible first outcome of the gradual slide into the collapse. 

My wife won't let him in our home which tells me he's slimy enough to have the inside track.  She reads people well.

Jake
Jake's picture
Hat Tips: 7806
Greenspan: The 'almost

Greenspan: The 'almost certain' Greece default could cause US double-dip

• Story by: by Nyree Stewart
  • Magazine: InvestmentAdviser
  • Published Friday , June 17, 2011

A default by Greece could drive the US back into recession, according to the former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan.
In an interview with Bloomberg Mr Greenspan said the "chances of Greece not defaulting are very small".
His comments came as Greece’s prime minister George Papandreou's failed to win support for more austerity measures to help address its debt problems.
Mr Greenspan told Bloomberg the chances of Greece defaulting are now "so high that you almost have to say there’s no way out," which could put pressure on some US banks.
He argued Greece's debt crisis had the potential to push the US into another recession, as without it the probability of a recession "is quite low".
"There's no momentum in the system that suggests to me that we are about to go into a double-dip," he said. Mr Greenspan said the US's debt issue is becoming "horrendously dangerous" and said that he doubts lawmakers have another year or two to solve it.
He added that the US recovery is being hindered by apprehension among businesses over the long term outlook, and claimed there is nothing more for the Fed policymakers to do.
His comments come as traders feared Greece could become Europe's "Lehman's moment".
Neil Mackinnon, an economist at VTB Capital in London and a former Treasury official, told the Daily Telegraph: "The probability of a eurozone Lehman moment is increasing. The markets have moved from simply pricing in a high probability of a Greek debt default to looking at a scenario of it becoming disorderly and of contagion spreading to other economies like Portugal, like Ireland, and maybe Spain, Italy and Belgium."
Mr Greenspan was once credited as "the greatest central banker who ever lived" but has since been blamed for contributing to the US financial crisis by keeping interest rates low for too long. Mr Greenspan founded consulting firm Greenspan Associates after leaving the Federal Reserve.

http://harveyorgan.blogspot.com/2011/06/crunch-time-for-greecegold-and-silver.html

Your Silver--I Want to Buy it! Sell Me Your Silver!

Sterling
Sterling's picture
Hat Tips: 2826
Great frikken picture! 

Great frikken picture!  tipped

Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?

Captain Silver
Captain Silver's picture
FM

Hahaha  the good old Forecast Monkey, I love that guy!  His forecasts suck though.

http://nakedloon.com/forecast-monkey/2009/04/01/all-about-forecast-monkey/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Latest Peter Schiff Vlog on "The Greek Tragedy""