Just debunking the Housing start increase theory

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shill
Shill's picture
Just debunking the Housing start increase theory

Will the spin misters stop and look at this graph.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/HOUST/

Housing starts have never been lower

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:07

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

caramel
caramel's picture
Hat Tips: 320
what an ugly chart.  the

what an ugly chart.  the valleys were all during recessions I believe.  This time around is much worse, with no end in sight, especially with all the glut of homes on the market and that will come on the market via foreclosures and natural selling when more people are forced to sell.

Shill
Shill's picture
yes

caramel wrote:

what an ugly chart.  the valleys were all during recessions I believe.  This time around is much worse, with no end in sight, especially with all the glut of homes on the market and that will come on the market via foreclosures and natural selling when more people are forced to sell.

Yes Caramel the grey areas are recession areas.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

davefess
davefess's picture
Hat Tips: 753
yet the equities

they still rise. I can't wait for this damn stock market to bust and send the thieves packing

"it's game over man, game over!"

caramel
caramel's picture
the market should've trounced

the market should've trounced a while back but for QE; now with the 'end' of QE, it might go down, probably will somewhat; but the stock market is one of the last things and one of the major things the average american believes in & can point to it as a positive on their balance sheet, a feeling of wealth.  Take this away from them & they will be extremely pissed & Obama can kiss his chances of reelection goodbye.  Heck, the public can't take a drop below 12000 on the DOW.

We'll have QE3 no doubt & i can envision a scenario where everything goes up, including equities.  For how long, don't know, but we might see the ultimate paradox b/w reality and stock prices.

davefess
davefess's picture
agreed

I just thought we would see a nice drop in equities this summer before more stimulus. Now think that is as low as we may go, but still holding short position. Not ready to throw in towel yet.

caramel
caramel's picture
davefess, yeah, you never

davefess, yeah, you never know, guess best one can do is hedge against probable outcomes.  Still think its crazy to play in this market, atleast until the dust settles and further clarity is provided.  As always, the insiders with knowledge will move first and be best positioned.  

davefess
davefess's picture
good advice

I sometime wonder if I should just sit on the sidelines. I am pretty well spread and hedged, but think this is getting a little too crazy and about ready to take my small profits and go home!

caramel
caramel's picture
dave, yeah, I hear ya; I'm a

dave, yeah, I hear ya; I'm a buy/hold type so whether mining stocks continue to go down or even plummet, I have faith and time.  

I've added some puts & have cash ready if the prices leave me no choice but to buy.  

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Just debunking the Housing start increase theory"