Interest in a Fofoa thread?

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Robert LeRoy Parker
Robert LeRoy Parker's picture
Hat Tips: 133
Interest in a Fofoa thread?

I could start one with my favorite links and up to date relevant discussion. Guage of interest...

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
Robert LeRoy Parker
Robert LeRoy Parker's picture
Hat Tips: 133
Can't edit thread starter?

Something for the moderators perhaps. I am unable to fix my typo above. But i am interested in gauging intersest in this subject.

Ford_Prefect
Ford_Prefect's picture
Hat Tips: 295
Count Me Interested!

I like FOFOA ideas very much but the conversation over there is very much like a cult programming centre for FREEgold. A more plain-spoken discussion over here in Turdville Junction could prove enlightening.

caramel
caramel's picture
Hat Tips: 320
RLP, I think it's a good idea

RLP, I think it's a good idea

qqq62
qqq62's picture
Hat Tips: 66
spot on Ford!

spot on Ford!

learn from yesterday live for today hope for tomorrow

matrixsentry
matrixsentry's picture
Hat Tips: 120
I will definitely participate

I have followed FOFOA since early on and have read everything he has written, many articles numerous times. IMO, Freegold is like a doctorate degree in the field gold and money. In addition to expanding my knowledge of the concept of money it has given me confidence in my trading and investing endeavors and has allowed me to weather the volatility without being shaken from the tree. Knowledge is power so they say.

I read FOFOA and no longer spend much time reading the blog responses. It is becoming a flamefest between the same trolls and the core nucleus of FOFOA followers. Trolls will be trolls. If we start a Freegold thread here, guys like Ash and Art will eventually find us and do their troll thing here also. For the life of me I do not understand where these guys get the time and energy to debate something they clearly will never believe in. Why bother? I am certain most of these guys haven't bothered to read the entire body of work on Freegold and refuse to because they have no intention of modifying their view, period.

I say lets do it!

Matrixsentry

Kid Salami
Kid Salami's picture
Hat Tips: 425
How about a hyperinflation

How about a hyperinflation thread? I would be interesting in ironing out my thoughts on the 3 "Just another hyperinflation" posts and the related ones, "Credibility Inflation" just before and then the two later ones on deflation where he "converted" Rick Ackerman. They contain some great nuggets but I don't feel I totally get them yet.

Ford_Prefect
Ford_Prefect's picture
@matrixsentry Well-spoken!

@matrixsentry

Well-spoken! FOFOA is worth the effort.  IMHO, the smartest writer on the subject of money I've ever read.  re:Ash-hole...that is the most persistent troll I've ever come up against.

Sockeye
Sockeye's picture
Hat Tips: 1234
Well Here We Go .... Actually

Well Here We Go ....

Actually I have never read any fofoa.  Turd is the only thread I come to.  I am new to much of this stuff.  I come here to learn.  so please teach me.

I am almost always wrong. But the fun in life is those few times when I am right.

Ford_Prefect
Ford_Prefect's picture
re: teach me

Expect to spend some time on FOFOA...not easy but worth it in the long run. It's very recursive so that you end up reading many cross-linked posts.  I would ignore the comments as they are no more precise or instructive than the blogger. FWIW: it's all linked to some supposed LBMA insider who explained the secrets of fractional bullion banking.  I'm not prepared to believe this, but the really important point is that there are 100 to 1000 ounces of paper gold lent out for every physical ounce. The true price of gold will be revealed when there is a "RUN" on the bullion banking system. FOFOA has made a credible case for $1000/mg ($31.1k per ounce) and says it's possible for $110k/oz based on the paper claims to the actual physical metal. 

The point is that the run will occur and that any price below $10k/oz is a discount.

GregGH
GregGH's picture
Hat Tips: 298
History -- in the late 1990's

History -- in the late 1990's a person named 'Another' posted on Kitco MB ( his articles are linked here >>>>   http://www.usagold.com/goldtrail/archives/another1.html ).  The someone called FOA ( friend of Another took over .... and now we have FOFOA ( his blog here >>> http://fofoa.blogspot.com/ )

I have a tough time reading thru these - waiting for a summary version ( smile ) - but I like to see another point of view and the readers comments are pretty good as well ( no trolls ?  - nice )

Read lots - read different points - develop your own idea's

Greg

Sockeye
Sockeye's picture
Hat Tips: 1234
FOFOA

Ford_Prefect wrote:

Expect to spend some time on FOFOA...not easy but worth it in the long run. It's very recursive so that you end up reading many cross-linked posts.  I would ignore the comments as they are no more precise or instructive than the blogger. FWIW: it's all linked to some supposed LBMA insider who explained the secrets of fractional bullion banking.  I'm not prepared to believe this, but the really important point is that there are 100 to 1000 ounces of paper gold lent out for every physical ounce. The true price of gold will be revealed when there is a "RUN" on the bullion banking system. FOFOA has made a credible case for $1000/mg ($31.1k per ounce) and says it's possible for $110k/oz based on the paper claims to the actual physical metal. 

The point is that the run will occur and that any price below $10k/oz is a discount.

I do not want to waste my time on junk like this even if true.  I want to learn how to trade not get into conspiracy theories.  Sounds like a waste of time.

I am almost always wrong. But the fun in life is those few times when I am right.

The man who sto...
The man who stole a leopard's picture
Hat Tips: 1208
FOFOA

What may appear to be an old paint can in the basement, may be full of gold.

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/2411#comment-2411

SCsurf98
SCsurf98's picture
FOFOA

FOFOA discusses far more history than conspiracy.

You should really take the time to consider something before dismissing it as a waste of time. It's hard to have a conversation with someone that is unwilling to consider new ideas, knowing that those ideas may, in fact, be true.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

Here's your first lesson in trading: Stubbornness will lose you money. My advice to you: start practicing your critical thinking and research skills, pronto.

TANSTAAFL!

Ford_Prefect
Ford_Prefect's picture
Conspriracy theories ARE a waste of time...

I do not want to waste my time on junk like this even if true.  I want to learn how to trade not get into conspiracy theories.  Sounds like a waste of time.

But FOFOA doesn't even bother with them, he/she simply uses the "Another" posts as starting points for extremely insightful and powerfully useful discussions of what money is and what it does and what are the best and highest forms of the money ideas.

If all of your interest is in trading, then just buy as much physical as you. Any price before the RUN is a discount.

qqq62
qqq62's picture
FOFOA

I recommend that, in my view, is to start with the 'The Debtors and the Savers' brilliant!

arch stanton
arch stanton's picture
Hat Tips: 2072
another

To discount the words of  ANOTHER, FOA, FOFOA, by anyone who has enough interest to post on this site is a serious mistake.  I will concede that reading them is a tough sled, but well worth the many hours it will take.  If nothing else you will come away with the central theme which is "all paper will burn".  Also you gotta love where ANOTHER took his name.

Pining 4 the Fjords
Pining 4 the Fjords's picture
Hat Tips: 39496
A worthy topic of discussion

An FOFOA thread would certainly draw my attention- many of his writings have had a profound effect on how I view the financial future and my place in it.  Expect strong opinions for and against, however-  for some reason (writing style or his take on silver, perhaps)  FOFOA seems to really get on the nerves of people whom I might think would otherwise appreciate him.   Good idea!

Ford_Prefect
Ford_Prefect's picture
no discounting/no disrespect/no mindless cult following either!

arch stanton wrote:

To discount the words of  ANOTHER, FOA, FOFOA, by anyone who has enough interest to post on this site is a serious mistake.  I will concede that reading them is a tough sled, but well worth the many hours it will take.  If nothing else you will come away with the central theme which is "all paper will burn".  Also you gotta love where ANOTHER took his name.

Not discounting, just saying there is no way to discount anonymous posts by someone who [seems] not to use English very well. ANOTHER could be a huge prank and we will never know.  All I'm saying is "who cares one way or another?" FOFOA writes seriously meaningful stuff that is worth the time it takes to understand. 

But as an example of the dubious status of the FOFOA forefathers, ANOTHER said the LBMA would collapse/distintegrate in 2000 [forget which year as it was over a decade ago]? Instead AU bottomed and the price suppression scheme lives to this day. And in the interim ANOTHER is no more. Maybe he got disappeared?

We walk this road of doubt together, yes?

Anyone can mimic ANOTHER.  The ideas are what's important and FOFOA has a good handle on them. My $.02 is to avoid the cult and learn to use your own brain. And most especially to apply the razor of simplicity. For all we know they are all the same person [male or female].

Ford_Prefect
Ford_Prefect's picture
good call

qqq62 wrote:

I recommend that, in my view, is to start with the 'The Debtors and the Savers' brilliant!

This is a good one: http://fofoa.blogspot.com/2010/12/focal-point-gold.html

qqq62
qqq62's picture
Euro Gold

fofoa's latest blog Euro Gold! excellent!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Interest in a Fofoa thread?"