Image Size ---> Mainly for posting charts.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Zed
Zed's picture
Hat Tips: 1
Image Size ---> Mainly for posting charts.

The site needs to handle larger images posted via 3rd party sites (like photo bucket) better (scrolling box? thumbnail link to full size image?). Currently they break the page a little.... either that or allow larger images to be uploaded... some charts simply need to be bigger.

2c

Z

Zed
Zed's picture
By the way... nice effort

By the way... nice effort straight out of the box!

Z

Zed
Zed's picture
By the way, the red 'new' tag

By the way, the red 'new' tag doesn't stand out enough. It needs a graphic or a really obvious colour change. IMO

Z

Guardian
Guardian's picture
Hat Tips: 232

Hi,

I just can't get my picture of my avatar to load. I've tried shrinking it, but to no avail. Thanks.

Zed
Zed's picture
Is it sized correctly to

Is it sized correctly to start with? Mine was 120 px square and around 5 kb. The server side image processing appears to be very slow, at least it was when I posted charts. Try and avoid that by sizing the avatar before upload and see if that works.

Irfanview is a good free graphics app if you get the web plugins.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Z

Jim
Jim's picture
Hat Tips: 616
I've been trying to post

I've been trying to post charts with no success.  If anyone can tell me how to go about that I'd appreciate it.

Zed
Zed's picture
In my experince the upload

In my experince the upload looks to fail but actually works however I'd not recomend using it. Use photobucket instead and just post the image URL using the image tool.

Z

admin
admin's picture
Hat Tips: 2964
The upload issue was

The upload issue was addressed yesterday morning.  Regarding larger charts, I would recommend posting a slightly smaller version on the site, then linking to a larger version if there is a need for an image which will stretch beyond the bounds of the content area.

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Image Size ---> Mainly for posting charts."