How you found Turd?

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Silverman
Silverman's picture
Hat Tips: 1845
How you found Turd?

I found Turd's blog from Marketwatch. I like to read gold comments there. Specially American Patriot's comments are funny to read. Someone posted Turd's blog on comments section. 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:27
sevin
sevin's picture
Hat Tips: 1149
I found turd from

I found Turd from ZeroHedge when he would post about his blog! And have been addicted to his blog ever since.

uptofreedom
uptofreedom's picture
Hat Tips: 561
DailyPaul > Zerohedge >

DailyPaul > Zerohedge > TFMetalsReport

bim jeam
bim jeam's picture
Hat Tips: 986
ZH

Used to search for Turd's comments (and a few others that made sense) at ZH prior to his blog.

Μολὼν λάβε

Gold Member
Gold Member's picture
Hat Tips: 37
Found him on ZeroHedge and

Found him on ZeroHedge and have been a lurker (mostly) ever since. 

tmosley
tmosley's picture
Hat Tips: 14948
We were pals on ZH.  I was

We were pals on ZH.  I was one of the folks who asked him to start his blog.

Now I can say I knew him before he was famous!  Awesome!

Pining 4 the Fjords
Pining 4 the Fjords's picture
Hat Tips: 39496
Back in the day...

June and July 2010 I was avidly reading ZeroHedge, and you know how over time you start to key-in on people in the comments who really seem to know what's what?  There was this guy who posted regularly under the name Turd Ferguson - he was totally spot-on with his metals market comments.  When his "Buyer of Size" (BoS) came to the silver table in August, I was playing AGQ strongly based on this Turd Ferguson guys recommendations- nothing like an anony. poster on the internet being your best source of investment advice!!!  Strange as it may sound, I just knew I would do well listening to this guy when formulating my trades.  When he started Watchtower, I was like a kid in a candy store!  Here's hoping that this new site reaches many, many people. 

Pax Argentum
Pax Argentum's picture
Like many, I first spotted

Like many, I first spotted him on ZH.

I became a turdite after I saw that TF cleared the haze and fog that cover today's silver market movements and gave me clear, technical reasons for what I was seeing.

YMMV, but more than once I've been able to make some nice gains either in junk silver, CEF or other venues simply by understanding what the Cartel's goals were and trading accordingly.

Pax

uptofreedom
uptofreedom's picture
Hat Tips: 561
I should add, he had me at

I should add, he had me at "The end of the Keynesian experiment is upon us.  Prepare accordingly."  (This should be  more prominent on this new site, imo...)

His posts on ZH put Turd on my radar, but until reading that line he was just another voice in a crowded room.

PaPaSpeed
PaPaSpeed's picture
Hat Tips: 1610
Someone on yahoo suggested

Someone on yahoo suggested that I check out The Turd, and they provided a link. They said he was a "must read" especially if you're a metalhead. They were right.

Devise
Devise's picture
Hat Tips: 351
silverfuturist on YouTube

silverfuturist on YouTube posted in late Jan about Turd's gold bottom and his silver calls. silverfuturist is a nutter, but a nice guy. I have to thank him to leading me here. I'm sure he's lurking the forums somewhere.

California Lawyer
California Lawyer's picture
Hat Tips: 21685
How Sad, I Don't Remember

Damn!  I read so many sites, that I cannot remember if it was Zerohedge, or a youtube video, or some comment from some other blog.  I knew right away when I first saw the name that I had to check out his blog.  I have always liked potty humor, anyway.  Like Southpark, and the flying poo.  There is some poster on here who even has the little flying poo as his/her avatar!

I kept coming back to the site because of the interesting, clear, analysis.  I was one of those guys who just knew something was wrong, but could not get a clear answer in my head as to just what it seemed to be.  I started to really pay attention to the comment section, and lo and behold, my eyes began to open wider and wider.  The fogged thinking began to give way to alternative viewpoints, with compelling conclusions.  Then, I started seeing that this was a very diverse community, with readership spanning the globe.  Experience levels varied, too, which was fascinating.

The comments are incredible.  It's like being able to debate with intelligent people all over the world, and just be able to listen and think without having to rush to any decisions.  Plus, the silver, gold and miner forecasting was fascinating, too.  I could see who was worthy and who was just a troll.  All of this for free, too!  Incredible.

This blog will be a very famous place in due time.  I just see this as being free from media corruption, or bias, and for that, it will prove invaluable over time as the Keynesian way of looking at things begins to fall into disfavor.

Finally, the selfless giving by Turd is laudable.  He could have pulled a Gonzalo Lira and made it fee based, which would have basically ended the site.  For Turd to do it for free, and just have advertisers pay for upkeep is amazing.  This all makes this site priceless, and will help millions see the truth eventually.

Keep up the good work, Turd!

"To save yourself from all this that has happened and will continue to happen requires commitment and courage. You have it or you do not. Admit who you are and act accordingly."
Jim Sinclair, December 18, 2012.

ferretflat
ferretflat's picture
Hat Tips: 1122
grapevine

A cousin referred me to the blog in January.  I was immediately hooked.

Tis no country for old men.

Gold Nugget
Gold Nugget's picture
Hat Tips: 434
A friend put me onto Turd as

A friend put me onto Turd as a good site.

‘Nine times out of ten when I see an attractive woman walking down the street, I turn and take another look. Ten times out of ten she does not turn around to check me out.’

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
dollarcollapse.com-->Zerohedg

dollarcollapse.com-->Zerohedge-->Turd

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

squib
squib's picture
Hat Tips: 600
I was reading

I was reading survivalblog.com .   I knew little about financials/economy, but could see that things were not 'right'.

Survival blog taught me how fragile our society/food delivery structure/etc. really is, and that you would want to have some preparations for any thing that may occur whether man made or natural. It showed me how the government really can't help you, you need to help yourself. I took to it so fast because I already knew TV was 'bad' and that our food was 'bad'. I quickly learned why...'someone wants it that way'...

Survivalblog would link to economy blogs etc...and one of them was Zero Hedge...from there I finally got answers!

And found Turd!

Elijah Craig 18
Elijah Craig 18's picture
Hat Tips: 156
How I found the light

Zerohedge. Started paying attention to him there and then followed him to his blog. Lurked at his blog for his insight, honesty and because he can be funny as hell when he wants to be. Finally signed up when the new joint opened for business. Thanks again TF!

Before Enlightenment - Chop wood, carry water.
After Enlightenment - Chop wood, carry water.
~ Zen Buddhist Proverb

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Gimme apetit for

Gimme apetit for $200...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/12203/saturday-night-live-celebrity-jeopardy-stewart-reynolds-and-connery

I <3 Turd!

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Sterling
Sterling's picture
Hat Tips: 2826
You don't find Turd

You don't find Turd...

....Turd finds you...

Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
Aces of Spades -> Zerohedge

Aces of Spades -> Zerohedge -> Lord Turd

sh10
sh10's picture
Hat Tips: 3
ZH

Like many others I found the man or excrement known as Turd on Zero Hedge.

I was an avid follower (lurker) on his blog since the launch.   I never posted on the blog since I'm a relative newbie to this stuff and didn't want to clutter the comments section with my nonsense.  I figured I might as well create a profile here since there's a broader range of topics and I can share the modest knowledge I have.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "How you found Turd?"