Have parsed links open in new ...

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
Have parsed links open in new ...

Would be nice to have the system parse links to open in new tabs/windows. 

thecoloredsky
thecoloredsky's picture
Hat Tips: 1331
_blank

UGrev wrote:

Yes I agree. Please have links open up in new tab/windows.

admin
admin's picture
Hat Tips: 2964
New tabs/windows

thecoloredsky wrote:

UGrev wrote:

Yes I agree. Please have links open up in new tab/windows.

Some people like new tabs opened, others do not.  I tend to just right-click links and choose to open them in a new tab if I want to anyway.

Maybe at some point we could have it included as a user optional feature to be set within an individual's account profile.  We'll add it to the list to consider.  :-)

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Need a poll on who has the

Need a poll on who has the most tabs open at one time.. lol.  I'm usually pushing 20 or so tabs open at any given time..it's sort of a way for me to look at things and organize them into a "tabs to read".  I know.. I'm being lazy. Right click, open in new tab isn't the worst, but I'm a developer.. I'm lazy and like single clicky.. :)

Thanks for the consideration, however :)

stephanie
stephanie's picture
Hat Tips: 9983
Tab junkie here too

UGrev wrote:

Need a poll on who has the most tabs open at one time.. lol.  I'm usually pushing 20 or so tabs open at any given time..it's sort of a way for me to look at things and organize them into a "tabs to read".  I know.. I'm being lazy. Right click, open in new tab isn't the worst, but I'm a developer.. I'm lazy and like single clicky.. :)

Thanks for the consideration, however :)

You and me both. Not only do I have at least 20 tabs open at a time, I have two or three different browsers going at once. :-)

The thing with setting links to open a new tab by default is that people with slower computers or who don't like tabs complain about it. 

I'm only able to handle such a large number of tabs because I just got a new computer...but even then, with Firefox such a memory hog, I'm pushing it. :-)

UGrev
UGrev's picture
FF is def a HOG these days.

FF is def a HOG these days. That's why I'm using chrome... oh wait.. it's a HOG too. I guess we can't win'em all eh? Being a web dev myself, my work machine has FF4, IE9 and Chrome up and a VM with FF3.6, IE8 and Chrome. My home machine I just use chrome. I would dig it if, somewhere down the line, "open in new" was an option but I realize it's just not a big deal for some; so to the bottom of turds list it goes..lol. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Have parsed links open in new ..."