Great Panther (GPR.TO, GPL)

155 posts / 0 new
Last post
silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
Hat Tips: 1270
Great Panther (GPR.TO, GPL)

I've chopped in and out of Great Panther with an uncanny skill at missing the big moves. I particularly didn't enjoy selling at 0.90 just before it investigated $2, then $3, then $4.

They seem to have done well on the basis of fast-tracking production without as much drilling as some peers.

How much silver do we think they have?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:10
Hellwind
Hellwind's picture
Hat Tips: 99
Hi, I don't know if you

Hi,

I don't know if you received this email from GPL or not, but however if I'm not wrong here there should be the answears to all your and mine questions ;)

2011 FIRST QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS

• 95% increase in revenue to $15.5 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 from $7.9 million for the same period in 2010.

• 242% increase in gross profit (earnings from mining operations) to $8.6 million for the three months ended March 31, 2011 from $2.5 million for the same period in 2010.

• $4.8 million increase in cash flows from operating activities to $2.8 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 from $2.0 million used in operating activities for the same period in 2010.

• $6.0 million increase in net income to $7.0 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 from $1.0 million for the same period in 2010.

• 165% increase in Adjusted EBITDA(3) to $8.4 million for the three months ended March 31, 2011 from $3.2 million for the three months ended March 31, 2010.

• On February 8, 2011, the Company's shares were listed on NYSE Amex stock exchange in the United States under the trading symbol "GPL."

• On March 8, 2011, the Company paid off $4.05 million in two outstanding 8% unsecured convertible loan notes due on July 14, 2011 by the issuance of 1,800,000 fully paid common shares of the Company at the originally agreed upon conversion price of $2.25 per common share.

• Closed equity offering for gross proceeds of $24.2 million on April 12, 2011.

• 15% increase in total metal production to 607,225 silver equivalent ounces ("Ag eq oz") in the first quarter 2011 from 526,949 Ag eq oz in the first quarter 2010, including 410,640 silver ounces, 2,310 gold ounces, 241 tonnes of lead and 345 tonnes of zinc.

• 29% increase in metal production to 406,419 Ag eq oz at Guanajuato compared to the first quarter 2010.

• Record silver production of 137,219 oz Ag at Topia, a 4% increase from the first quarter 2010.

• Increase in cash cost per silver ounce, net of by-products, for the first quarter of 2011 to US$10.05 from US$6.72 for the first quarter of 2010. This was principally due to higher smelter charges arising from new smelter contracts at our Topia mine. Site costs were also higher at Topia because of higher tonnes mined and milled at a lower grade.

• Issued an update on March 7, 2011 to the ongoing mineral resource development at the Topia mine. The 2011 mineral resource estimate increased Measured and Indicated mineral resources to 7.44 million silver equivalent ounces, a 36.3% increase over the 2009 resource estimate, and Inferred resources to 11.91 million silver equivalent ounces, a 109.3% increase over the previous estimate.

• Exploration drilling confirms silver-gold zones extending to depth at Guanajuatito.

• On February 16, 2011, Minera Mexicana El Rosario S.A. de C.V., Great Panther's Mexican subsidiary, was awarded its first distinction as a "Socially Responsible Company" for the year 2010 by CEMEFI, Centro Mexicano para la Filantropía (Mexican Centre for Philanthropy). This annual award is a milestone for us and has been awarded for our commitment to sustainable environmental, social and economic development.
silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
Hat Tips: 1270
Thanks for that. I must

Thanks for that. I must confess, I am out of GPR for the moment and haven't been paying as close attention.

I'm just staggered that they reached the valuation they have reached on such low resource figures. It just goes to show the value of income and cashflow. Still none the wiser as to how much resource growth potential they have.

Justin
Justin's picture
Hat Tips: 1869
Great Panther is listed in

Great Panther is listed in this piece, worth a glance.  I've traded GPL twice over the past few weeks and am currently in it again for round 3.  Bought in this time around $3.30 when I thought it would find support then watched it fall more from there.  I'm ready to get back to green with this one!

http://www.stockhouse.com/Columnists/2011/Jun/14/Stealth-junior-mining-stock-rally-in-the-works

Only root karate come from Miyagi. Just like bonsai choose own way grow because root strong, you choose own way do karate same reason. - Mr. Miyagi

robov
robov's picture
Hat Tips: 1010
Hey T.M. thanks for the great

Hey T.M. thanks for the great info on Great Panther I have been trading this stock since the beginning of March and it has been a real tough slog the last couple of months. Besides the good earnings numbers that were released today, this is just added good news to keep me patient as I and many others have waited and waited  for this stock and company to get the recognition is deserves.

Insight
Insight's picture
Hat Tips: 415
I'm losing since I was in at 4.16 and failed to sell, which is

typical for me!

I got a huge booklet on the annual meeting which only discussed voting for the board etc, but no financials, not that I understand much of it anyway. So, thanks for the info!

"Optimist look at donut; pessimist look at hole."--Charlie Chan

(That's my dog SLICKER, not Nipper)

exitSL
exitSL's picture
Hat Tips: 188
Looking to go green soon here

Looking to go green soon here as well, and it's also round 3 for me.

I need 3.41 this time, though.

If Calandra is right, we'll be ok, I hope.

Thanks for a very encouraging link.

Justin
Justin's picture
Great Panther is doing pretty

Great Panther is doing pretty well considering the market, it's leading the few of my miners that have decided to go green instead of red today.

Only root karate come from Miyagi. Just like bonsai choose own way grow because root strong, you choose own way do karate same reason. - Mr. Miyagi

Justin
Justin's picture
Miss this earlier today,

Missed this earlier today, might explain the Panther's strength in the face of a broad sell-off.  3 more cents and I'll break even!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Mining-for-Growth-Equity-iw-2266479048.html?x=0&.v=1

KiniK
KiniK's picture
Hat Tips: 418
GPR

Hey guys.

I have traded in and out of GPR for a last few months and I'm holding it right now.  It seems to track the price of silver with some leverage but has been trending down since early March in a bullish flag formation.  I guess it was due for a correction as it was stretched beyond the 200DMA by over 300% and way overbought along with Silver.  Now it seems like it might be a better buy then when I got in (I always pull the trigger too early, nasty habit) as it is oversold on many momentum indicators on the weekly chart and trending up on the daily.  The 200 might also be acting as support and it seems to have formed a double bottom.  It popped today on good earnings news and closed above the upper trend line of the flag for the first time....

I am still a little concerned that all the miners might continue to suffer the summer doldrums and I don't know how the Fed's ending of QEII will affect these same stocks.  Maybe if the market sells off quickly following end of QEII, then the margin calls kill the prices of miners along with everything else?

Hm

zyx5432
zyx5432's picture
Hat Tips: 102
There was also an analyst

There was also an analyst upgrade yesterday with a target price of CAD$3.80 which probably helped just a little bit.

KiniK
KiniK's picture
Update on GPR - The stock hit

Update on GPR - The stock hit its daily cycle top a little early and I sold but at the same time, I strongly believe that this stock is now on a slight but structural uptrend as I posted earlier but I am also thinking that on its next cycle low it might go down to $2.60-2.70 at which time I would consider getting back in for another swing trade opportunity given the market is not completely tanking with the end of QE2.

Pixel8r
Pixel8r's picture
Hat Tips: 185
GPR to be added to GDXJ Friday 17th June

I have been holding GPR since January 2009 and it has been a great stock for me, it has been as high as a 13 bagger but currently only a 9. wink

Great Panther Silver is due to be added to the Market Vectors Junior Mining Index (GDXJ) at the close of trading this Friday the 17th June. I think that this inclusion will bring a surge of buying, as the GDXJ seems to be an easy index to buy for some good exposure to junior miners, without having to do to much research.

http://www.24Knews.com ...We live on the edge of chaos...

PaPaSpeed
PaPaSpeed's picture
Hat Tips: 1610
Picked up some shares of

Picked up some shares of GPL this am. I'm hoping these miners are ready to turn the corner and head higher over the next few months.

In the mean time, keep stacking!

Chicken Little
Chicken Little's picture
Hat Tips: 827
Quarterly profits

From 'Mineshack" a regular poster on the Stockhouse Great Panther board:

First Quarter 2011

Production:   607,225 Silver equivalent Ounces

Average Realized price per ounce:   $32.18

Net Profit:    $7,231,000

Fourth Quarter 2010

Production:   565,660 Silver equivalent Ounces

Average Realized price per ounce:   $28.01

Net Profit:    $782,000

Profits are 10X in ONE QUARTER

Held down or manipulated, PROFITS CAN NOT BE DENIED!

PaPaSpeed
PaPaSpeed's picture
Hat Tips: 1610
How about that after hours

How about that after hours action in GPL. Looking good.

Justin
Justin's picture
Ditto. After watching it lag

Ditto. After watching it lag all day it was nice to see it wake up during after hours trading!

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Hat Tips: 11941
Just got added to the GDXJ

Just got added to the GDXJ today. Junior Miners ETF.

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

KiniK
KiniK's picture
Well, I was watching it all

Well, I was watching it all day, tempted to get back in when it was floating around $3.00 but decided to stick to my guns and wait until in swung down to 2.60-2.70 level I thought it would in a few days/week.

Then boom, you were right Doc, there was the pop!  Way to go. I'm outside looking in but it's okay, we'll see what it does next week and I might get another chance later.  If not, I'll focus back on Wildcat Silver where I think a buying opportunity is nearing.

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Hat Tips: 11941
Shoot KiniK it was up to $5 a

Shoot KiniK it was up to $5 a share not to long ago. It's fairly cheap right now. If you know the story of the land package they have, it is way undervalued IMHO. And record profits this week for last quarter. Amazing!

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

KiniK
KiniK's picture
It is what I get for being

It is what I get for being too cute but I'm actually more lamenting the fact that there are soooo many good buying opportunities for Miners that have really good stories that are way undervalued and not enough cash to buy a relevant position in them all. frown

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Great Panther (GPR.TO, GPL)"