Default by Greece ‘Almost Certain’: Greenspan

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shill
Shill's picture
Default by Greece ‘Almost Certain’: Greenspan

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-16/default-by-greece-almost-certain-greenspan.html

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:07

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

letey petey
letey petey's picture
Hat Tips: 380
"By Shill"

Its funny cuz my immediate thoughts were along the line of "there's Greenspan shilling again".

No disrespect to you Mr. Shill, of course.

BASEBALL 13
BASEBALL 13's picture
Hat Tips: 1181
Credit Crisis Collapse

"There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crises should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."

- Ludwig von Mises

Sockeye
Sockeye's picture
Hat Tips: 1234
got this from the Money

got this from the Money Changer Franklin Sanders

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Rumors of settling the Greek government's financial crisis are way overblown. The argument is not whether Greek will default or not, but how to handle the inevitable default. Do they outright stop paying on their bonds? Or "roll them over" for later payment? Or call in the bonds & issue new ones with longer maturities? Germans are insisting that at least a third of the bailout fall on private creditors. Anyway you cut it, (1) it ain't been settled yet and Greece will run out of money in 8 weeks, and (2) Greece will default.

Right, Greek government is in debt up to its ears, more than $42,888 per person, not solvent like the US with a government debt of $44,900 per capita.

Now y'all explain to me, because I want to know, how the US is in better shape. I'm waiting.

I am almost always wrong. But the fun in life is those few times when I am right.

Spinny
Spinny's picture
Hat Tips: 547
Bummer we have to wait 8

Bummer we have to wait 8 weeks. I'm ready to see the sucker fail.

I know it is to good to be true but it would be just awesome to short the equities market and see it come down to about dow 6000 and then buy agq calls with both hands as soon as Benny fires up the presses. It couldn't be that easy though so I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

I'd like to find an article on just what effect a bailout will have on their books and how much that will prolong the problem. The only way it defaults is if the powers that be decide to position themselves on the other side of the trade.

I could actually see Benny letting this happen as money would run the bonds, thus replacing the demand that the fed had artificially created just in time for the end of QE.

What is the biggest public fallacy about market behavior? That markets are supposed to make sense. ~ Richard Dennis

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Default by Greece ‘Almost Certain’: Greenspan"