Beat the Silver Clock at Gainesville

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Seacap81
Seacap81's picture
Hat Tips: 512
Beat the Silver Clock at Gainesville

Gainesville has some kind of silver sale in just a few hours called "Beat the Silver Clock."  They don't say what prices will be available, they only indicate it's a fire sale of some kind.  I don't think this is some gimmicky sale to drive people to their site only to be let down.  Gainesville usually doesn't operate like that.  Guess we'll see.  Anyway, just a heads to up to anyone looking to purchase silver on the cheap today. 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Maybe it's just me, but

Maybe it's just me, but Gainsville's "spot" is always like $.10-15 higher than any other market tracker I use. Pull up a real-time chart from netdania or the like and compare the two. A $.10 spread on 10 oz is not a big deal, but if you're backing up the truck, then I start to question exactly which "spot" price they're looking at.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Will chicky-check this out!

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
Hat Tips: 1270
If this is going to be some

If this is going to be some kind of deep discount sale, it would strike me as an indication that they think silver is headed sharply lower.

They are a reliable firm to do business with. If you were thinking of topping up, this should be of interest.

Seacap81
Seacap81's picture
Hat Tips: 512
Sale price up now.  2011 ASE

Sale price up now.  2011 ASE available at spot plus 2.44.  Get it while the gettin's good.

Laurichmusic
Laurichmusic's picture
Hat Tips: 37
An hour and a half left

$2.64 over spot. I wish I had some fiat to get rid of.

thecoloredsky
thecoloredsky's picture
Hat Tips: 1331
gainesville spot

Dr Durden wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but Gainsville's "spot" is always like $.10-15 higher than any other market tracker I use. Pull up a real-time chart from netdania or the like and compare the two. A $.10 spread on 10 oz is not a big deal, but if you're backing up the truck, then I start to question exactly which "spot" price they're looking at.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Will chicky-check this out!

You are right. But overall they seem cheaper than apmex when you factor in shipping costs. Of course it depends on what you buy and the quantity. As far as the higher "spot" I'm not sure. Maybe its a way to hedge against volatility?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Beat the Silver Clock at Gainesville"