$17 is the new $30

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
daveyboy's picture
Hat Tips: 2417
$17 is the new $30

Yep, that's right, nevermind that silver is more than 60% below the top of 2011, don't worry about it, don't think.

Yep, let's bastardise defintiions by describing a point where we think silver has reached a bottom as being a new bull run.

Let's not get bogged down in detail like you know Syrian war, Libyan war, Ukraine war, ongoing horrors in Iraq. Greek financial problems, Cyprus, Italy Spain etc and yet silver sits at $17, nope don't worry bout it.

Let's get enraged when CME ups margin requirements but stay quiet as a church mouse when it has done the opposite.

Let's invoke patriotism though to sell the silver, let's throw in that it's your less chance, let's use some vague reference to a train leaving a station, let us remain jubilant every time silver has an up move but then shrug a down move as irrelevant.

Or perhaps how about this.....silver disconnected from physical reality at below $15 that's why it surged back up again, well by that logic given the price level has been in place for in excess of a month then silver has come back into alignment somewhat.

Now let's offer two statements which you must hold onto at the same time, the Comex is meaningless it's just a paper trade, yet let's make a major issue every time it's option expiration.

Right now I couldn't be happier that I am holding onto an asset which has plummeted and continues to stagnate in price.

Go $17! the new $30, in fact maybe I am being too conservative, it's the new $40!

Go out and buy more and after listening to enough sales people, adverts and impartial views like Schiff and Doug Casey, well, you will probably realise that you don't have enough, so go on, keep buying, it's the patriot thing to do

You want financial freedom don't you?

Oh I am sorry, I almost slipped into a state of cynicism there, I don't know what happened.

4 oz
4 oz's picture
Hat Tips: 11478
RE: $17 is the new $30

Well Davey....

Fortunately for me I've been trained for $17 is the new $30 over the course of my life by being totally ga-ga-girl crazy since like 1st grade. Having long ago learned that real life happens while you're making other plans..... I've endured countless broken hearts and a zillion disappointments where the girl I treated with complete respect on Friday night was getting her brains screwed out by a different guy in the back of some Van on Saturday night.....right on through a couple difficult divorces and the accompanying joy of paying lawyers;  Have reluctantly concluded that the next time I think I'm in love I should just look away---and find some super sexy stranger who hates my guts for thinking she's pretty neat--- and just buy her a house..... It'd be so much easier & would probably save me money in the long run too....

Anyway saying all of that to say  I like stacking.... my stack is very attractive and so much  quieter...and will always be there when I get home at night.... and truly, after all my training I'm immune to spot price movement after so much practice watching baby make her blue jeans talk...... this is easy.

Occasnltrvlr's picture
Hat Tips: 2864
Okay, Sure

Silver is snake oil.

I'm not a Rastafarian.  And, you know what?  I don't go their meetings.  I don't read their literature.

Stop listening to the community.  Sell your position.  Get out.  Chase your own dream.  Don't be a 'tard.  WTF?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "$17 is the new $30"