How to awaken your Financial Advisor?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Homes's picture
Hat Tips: 238
How to awaken your Financial Advisor?

Hi Folks. First time poster, newly awakened sheeple (couple of years). I am going to see my financial advisor on Monday to discuss pulling some retirement funds to purchase physicals. I told him I wanted to liquidate, but being my advisor he will probably convince me to meet him halfway. I specifically mentioned how I no longer believe in the stock market valuations and the future of the dollar. With that being said, are there any suggestions for a book, article, or video that you would give someone to try and "awaken?"

treefrog's picture
Hat Tips: 10390
good luck

when trying to "wake people up" my track record has been underwhelming.  i have persuaded a few people that the fiat paper ponzi is doomed.  have they agreed when presented with the information.  have they acted?  not so much.

financial "advisors" have a vested interest in the system continuing as it has. 

it is difficult to convince a man of something when his paycheck depends on his not being convinced.  remember, it is your assets involved, not his.  he works for you, not you for him.

good luck.

treefrog land and cattle co.

erewenguy's picture
Hat Tips: 3620
I agree with Treefrog. A

I agree with Treefrog. A financial advisor does not have a vested interest in being woken up. I wouldn't waste my time - it's not your responsibility. He or she works on a commission or percentage of your assests in their chosen vehicle and profits from keeping you in the paper system.

Just so you are fully awake also, metals companies also are vested in your stacking activities.

You want some money out of paper, get it out.

You lose, its your own fault. You win, Hooray!

Your assets, your decision, your responsibility.

A financial advisor makes money off of you by freeing you from making some decisions for yourself.

dragonfly5's picture
Hat Tips: 236
it's not always about what to do with the money

It took me a while to find a financial advisor who will even admit to the possibility that the system is not quite as it should be. Still haven't gone into dollar collapse, derivatives blow up - not too far down the rabbit hole - but at least he knows better than to push the stock market - he knows a big correction is likely to happen.

That being said, advise is not only about where to put your funds - but how to get them out of where they are into something else with the fewest tax implications - of course that depends on what you feel the timeline is like for getting out of the system. Tax implications for moving funds around can be more complex than deciding where you want your funds to go.

Karankawa's picture
Hat Tips: 6756
The first time I met with a financial advisor was in 1997.

I sent him a lot of my personal information LOL, thinking he was 'informed'.

I'd studied a bit about the Federal Reserve at the time but was just cutting my teeth on the subject, and mentioned 'what portion should I hold in Gold'?

He laughed his ass off.  I left and sent him a letter in 2005 about the collapse (that was happening then) and haven't spoken with him since.

Get out of the corrupt matrix, one step at a time. 

I just recieved change from a lady I respect.  She gave me a dime and I was about to ask for two nickles before I noticed it wasn't copper clad.  LOL

She's retired military and a great lady and would go on and on about how corrupt goverment is, but when I asked if she wanted the dime back, she said no I have plenty of those.

Couldn't fathem the fact that the banking system has corrupted everything.

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves."

flyinkel's picture
Hat Tips: 6478
Depends on what you mean by "waking up"

Waking up to the "matrix"?  Any of the Maloney money series videos.

Running your own equity selections?  Ben Graham "The Intelligent Investor", Joel Greenblat "The Little Book That Beats The Market", and Peter Lynch "One Up On Wall Street".

Don't have time to read just now, but want to do your own selections.  Join low cost service and be in the market the last day of the month (buy at the close) and out the 4th (out in the AM) of the following month every month.  This dramatically reduces your exposure in the market while giving above average returns.  Why?  It's when most pensions invest and artificially drive the mkt higher. (Norman Fosback "Stock Market Logic").

I am not an investment advisor, please DYODD.  Good Luck, be well.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "How to awaken your Financial Advisor? "