Alternative Medicine

790 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Hat Tips: 6309
Ok

after my next shopping trip I'm a goona try this diet. I have a giant freezer full of grass fed local beef. Even bags of chicken feet for stock. I have a pig too but new pork is well too lean to eat period. I do have frozen squash from a few weeks ago. But no cheese, butter, cream and only tiny milks. 

Btw I freeze milk any reason not too? Worried about fish. Love it but metal contamination is a concern. I have to clean out the pantry and donate it to make room. 

Nuts are cool. I've used walnuts I picked up myself and made entire meals of them. I already have almond flour damn it's expensive I never used. People say make ur own peanut butter Ima try. But will buy a tub if I can find right type. Don't know if mushrooms are ok yet. I like them. It will help makeup for loss of bread. 

I hope the nuwave cooker is cool to use. I'm just worried about giving up bread. Pasta and rice I don't care. I think I read only green peppers. Not sure why other colors are not ok. Eggs easy peasy the guy next door has chickens and sells eggs twice a day. 

When I start, I'll report. Biggest obstacle is procuring proper foods for now. Oh and defrosting that steer. 

Figures I just stocked up for winter a few weeks ago. Worse case scenario dog will be healthy as this diet is very close to recommendation for genetically zinc deficient bull terrier breed. In England they feed them raw fish and entire birds and make them rip off the feathers. They consume bones and all. Uncooked bones are easily digested and not harmful to their gut. 

SilveryBlue
SilveryBlue's picture
Hat Tips: 3932
@Ruff Keto diet

Go for it. If you need more protein, smoked salmon and avocado is a match made in heaven, plus being 2 of the most complete foods you can find. IMHO 20% salmon doesn't overpower the avocado, but maybe that's just me. So you don't need a lot, and yes it needs to be good quality.

Are you still planning a trip to NZ? smiley

flyinkel
flyinkel's picture
Hat Tips: 6831
Ketogenic diet

Is very good for most.  Best diet is determined by how you feel when eating it.  High Omega 3's, lots of veggies, low starch, almost no sugar, just a bit of fruit (low sugar varieties very good, also papaya and pineapple aide digestion).  You want Vit C every day because the body does not produce it.  Bone broths especially good (but some get headaches from the glutamate).  You asked about freezing milk, just be aware anyone with allergies/histamine reactions are always better when their proteins are not frozen first.  Milk is not such a histamine issue (but can be inflammatory for many), but meats are better the more fresh they are.  Keep in mind many folks that have a compromised immune system are histamine intolerant.  http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/histamine-intolerance/  You might want to try 2 days on no/low histamine diet to see if this affects you.

flyinkel

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Thx everyone.

Just got home from surgeon in two casts and I'm high on pain pills so I'll be back later to answer everyone. I need to sleep bad. But wanted to answer you SB right away. 

YES! My accident has no impact. In fact it's freed up badly needed time fir more research. 

1st problem is I have the biz visa approved. Waiting on the work visa. Really necessary to prevent future conflicts. Ur govt has been very accommodating and helpful but that EQ has slowed it down a bit that's ok cuz I'm not quite ready. Yet, I wish they would have explained this better is I would have applied simultaneously. 

Brett my main man and best trainer in the world imho is a good horseman but horrid businessman. Which is why I need to speed up me going. We are negotiating a lease with possible option to purchase. Brett is on the world stage believed as Ozzie but he's not. He was born, bred and raised in NZ. Yet, he's failed to network with the non industry people we need in NZ.  I cannot trust him with contracts. So I've had to reach out and actually interview lawyers and real estate people on my own. Also relying more than I like on Cambridge people. 

2nd I've shipped a mere three mares for test breeding.  This my true area of expertise and why I need that work visa. I need to negotiate those contracts myself. I won't be paying advertised fees guaranteed. This is so much easier in person than via Skype. 

3rd I'm logging hundreds of hours becoming familiar with rules and regulation, thinking in meters vs feet has proven more challenging than I expected. Partially because you race on grass and your tracks write handicaps. Meaning they add weight, a lot more weight to better horses. It conceals their true ability to a greAt degree. I need to nail this before I start spending client funds. It's essential I hit a home run right off to keep the clients confidence. 

4th as you read I'm sub par on cultural and local customs. I needs funds approved to hire a consultant(s). It's not just me. My American backers are ignorant of these things as bad as I am. No, they are worse. 

5th my own public stable is gearing down more slowly than I expected. I'm replacing no injured or retiring livestock. I need to honorably and respectfully pare down at least five more so Jays can manage the remainder without me. These clients deserve my best efforts until the end. I will not just dump them on someone else as they did not dump me after I went out on my own. Plus several were my fathers former friends and partners. I owe them  and will not dishonor my fathers legacy under any circumstances. Also, I expect some, not all will join in the new venture. 

6th I'm chomping at the bit to move on but patience is key if we are to succeed.  

7th I'm very excited to developing this new venture. To reunite with Brett. Naturally, I'm dying to met you and ATA and see your world. Not to mention the kiwis and Ozzies I've worked with here and in UK. Brett is a legend and he's capable of running a commercial operation. Very few people will be happy he's returning cuz he really is that good. He single handedly changed the way many things are done. 

Seriously if you literally weren't on the other side of the globe I'd have been there 20xs by now. That's the only part that really sucks. 

Imagine getting ATA drunk enough to wear a foliage thong and demonstrate Maori tribal dances hehehe kidding ----  maybe hehe 

lastly for now, i figured no point in pressing the visa people until after the holidays. I imagine they are like us and short staffed over the holidays.  On my to do list next week. 

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Hat Tips: 11513
@AG1969

I received a call today from an old high school friend.   She has rheumatoid arthritis and has had her knees replaced.  Low white cell blood count and on medications that do nothing.  Do you have a thought about a natural product like B-17 or......

NW VIEW

flyinkel
flyinkel's picture
On the vision

On the vision...makes perfect sense as sugar is highly inflammatory.  Once you remove the sugar the tiny capillaries that are only 1 cell thick are not inflamed anymore and allow the blood to flow again.  Interesting!

flyinkel

flyinkel
flyinkel's picture
what you might want to ask

What I would have asked that Dr, "But what is my C-reactive Protein?"  That is the marker for overall systemic inflammation and usually an indication of vulnerable plaque formation.  Cholesterol as the boogie man for heart attacks is very old school.  If you have concerns cayenne pepper every day and some K2 as well as Vit D and magnesium applied transdermally should keep those pesky heart cloggin plaques at bay.

Avocados are high in Niacin and contributes to higher HDL's but I wouldn't change a thing and would continue eating as much as wanted.  We need healthy fats especially if you are trying the keto diet.

I am not a DR, this is not advice, it is for further research only.

flyinkel

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Hat Tips: 11513
Year end field report:

A friend asked us to call his daughter in law and give her some direction.  She has Celiac disease and cancer.  My wife talked to her this evening and told her some important concepts in dealing with these issues.  The woman is on chemo and will be going for radiation next.  The doctors have her right where they want her to be.  Her husband said she has chemo brain and really did not want to talk as she is in a fog, however, she knew she did not want to give up her sugar.

What can one say?         Jim

NW VIEW

Pug Nuggets
Pug Nuggets's picture
Hat Tips: 232
Chemo and radiation

I, too, have a friend whose friend is going the poison route.  I gave the info on The Truth About Cancer and also Chris Beat Cancer over Facebook, but they plan on proceedings with this medical intervention.  The doctor "gave" him 2 years to live with the chemo. 

I also have another friend whose father died of cancer.  He was amazed how spot on the doctor was on his timing.  It's horrifying that a doctor would predict how long a person will live.  Some people really do see them as God.

ag1969
ag1969's picture
Hat Tips: 28776
New epigenetics research reveals how to control cancer risk

-by Dr. Veronique Desaulniers

(NaturalHealth365) In order to see real change in our health, we need to break away from unhealthy lifestyle habits – which include poor nutrition and destructive thinking patterns – that have led 117 million Americans down the road toward chronic disease. But in order to do that, we need the right information – especially when it comes to understanding epigenetics.

Keep in mind, in this day and age, it is not enough to just tell yourself to “eat your vegetables” or “calm down.” In truth, most of us will need to dig a little deeper; form at least a basic understanding of how our bodies work; and appreciate the concept of epigenetics, in order to live life disease-free.

Avoiding cancer by turning oncogenes off and tumor-suppressor genes on

Substances called “proto-oncogenes” actually help healthy cells to grow. But when proto-oncogenes mutate, they can become permanently activated, activated when they are not supposed to or self-replicate in excess. When this happens, proto-oncogenes become oncogenes, the “bad” genes that can lead to cancer.

Tumor-suppressing genes, on the other hand, slow down cell division. They also repair mistakes in DNA and activate apoptosis, or programmed cell death. When tumor suppressor genes are not working properly, this causes cells to grow out of control – which can also lead to cancer.

Lifesaving lessons learned from ‘driving a car’

http://www.newparadigm.ws/natural-health/new-epigenetics-research-reveals-how-to-control-cancer-risk/

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Alphabet soup

is a retired champion racehorse that provided many thrills as a young grey horse. Now at the ripe age of 26 he has turned white as all greys do. Unfortunately he developed melanoma as do most greys. His was particularity virulent and was visible as ugly masses near his tail. 

Vetrinary medicine IMHO is decades ahead of humans. We were using silicone knee injections decades before human trials as just one example. 

Well AS was given or rather had placed a bacterial marker into the tail masses and his own immune system was allowed to go to work. After 4 weekly treatments, then one monthly treatment over the following 4 months for a total of 8. 85% of the mass has disappeared. No, surgery, no chemicals, no radiation, just alerting the immune system to target the masses. Another amazing thing is that there have been no reported discernible side effects. Keep in mind 26 in his breed isn't ancient but it is advanced age. He's gone from lethargic to being happy and acting as any other healthy animal his age would.  All in a mere five months. 

It will interesting to see if this treatment is soon applied to humans. It truly is quite remarkable. I've been following his progess carefully and I'm waiting to see how the remaining 15% goes.  Btw this is why we blanket greys even in summer. I don't have any figures but off the top of my head greys have shorter lives. It's most interesting to me cuz the most prolific industry stallions today are grey/roan. At this rate I expect a high probability of seeing an all grey derby in the not to far future. 

Oh I should mention I don't expect big pharma to get involved. In fact they may try to suppress this info cuz the treatment cost pennies. 

Edit: this phenomenon is also seen in dogs and why I selected a colored terrier over the white variety. 

silver66
silver66's picture
Hat Tips: 12980
Ruffian-- bacterial marker

My four year old male Boxer has a growth on his left hind leg. It was biopsied and is not currently cancerous.

Do you have any literature I can direct my vet to.

My boxer has not had any vaccinations since I have been in possession of him since week 9 of his life.

I would really like to deal with the lump without surgery

Thanks

Silver66

Silver66
Money is minted, currency is printed

sierra skier
sierra skier's picture
Hat Tips: 2002
Our black lab went through 6

Our black lab went through 6 months of a Chemo therapy called CHOPS for lymphoma and finished a month ago.  Our vet. Didn't have a good feeling about his remission and longevity. 

Ten days after the end of chemo I started him on Two Feathers Healing Formula @ two weeks on and two days off with three repetitions to see if it's helpful. Calcium phosphate, potassium, magnesium, sodium, and eleven trace min a blend of synergistic herbs. We are about half way through this treatment and we'll see where it goes. there are lots of remedy that the medical/pharmaceutical don't want to be known. 

flyinkel
flyinkel's picture
For the Aged Horses

Diamond V makes an organic non-gmo yeast that has remarkable effects in lowering inflammation in horses.  It works wonders on the factory personnel too.  This isn't fake hype, I know a Diamond V exec.  http://kawkawlinfeedmill.blogspot.com/2010/06/diamond-v-yeast-leads-to-human-benefits.html

flyinkel

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Silver

I'll do my best to find out. 

The actual Drs are in ky. I don't know if there is anything online. But I'll do my darndest! 

Edit: personally I'd reconsider rabies vaccine. 

Land on second thought. I'm not so sure I'd tamper with a non cancerous lump unless there was a pathological reason to 

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
SS and fly

SS let us know how that goes .... And yes ur right. Keep in mind that goes for vets too. 

Trust me in this one : you would vomit if you saw the vet bill for a horse in training. They put human ones to shame. 

Fly im familiar with the product. Horse people are crazy. There is nothing we don't try and share for Ill  animals. We use the products on ourselves. Ex: humans use cosequin I use adequan only available on line from big D's out of Texas. It's about 1/20th the cost. 

What i liked about this horse is that it even stunned these guys. Usually at that phase we are thinking and looking at euthansia. It started as a quality of life endeavor. Really were not expecting a reversal of this magnitude. 

Edit: I'm glad you said aged fly. Cuz horses are tested for performance/pain substances. Often before and after a race and that particular product will put a horse who is entered and races into a positive. Fine, suspension, loss of purse and sanctions too. I'd be drawing blood on my own on a returning horse who had been using it to see what the test read. 

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Silver and dots

Bloody hell!!! 

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Silver and dots

uffff 

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Silver and dots

Got this back. Have your vet check : 

IFx-VET multi-indication cancer vaccine allows the immune system to target and eliminate cancer cells by placing an indicator on the cancer cells. It is not limited to one single type of tumor or cancer. 

Earlier trials did leave visible scarring but not this latest formulation.  It is not available or been tested in dogs. Although future applications are being explored. 

Ill reckon they are testing it on other animals. They have been at it for 25 yrs that I know of anyway. E

Edit: Veterinary Oncology Services-Morphogenesis is the developer. The vet says the reduction is so dramatic they are expecting a complete reversal. But that HASNT happened yet. Good to keep in mind he had an advanced progression when they began treatment as I recall. 

Second edit: getting more replies add info : 

FYI: if you choose, you can visit the Morphogenesis website where you will find important information on their technologies and the IFx-Vet - ImmuneFx and also reference the Journal of Immunotherapy: November/December 2005 - Volume 28 - Issue 6 - pp 614-615.  You're Most Welcome  BB 

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
SS

I'm sorry but I'm multi- tasking tonight.

but give me some time. Cuz I'm behind on replies and pug nuggets wrote a serious post on raw diets for dogs which I'm a huge proponent of. At least 20 % of a canine diet should be raw meat and that can include fish. 

It  sounds expensive but chicken quarters and yes the bones included are usually .49 on sale per lb here. I need to look up what supplement I used on a dog I had. He lived to twice his average breed life expectancy. His entire life was plagued with crisis after crisis but he made 14.  Just keep the grains out. Also uncooked bones are harmless to the digestive system unlike cooked ones. If they concern you, then just use the meat but make sure it's raw. 

When I heard of the ketogenic diet it reminded me of what I fed my dogs and I never made the connection before. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Alternative Medicine"