Alternative Medicine

731 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bongo Jim
Bongo Jim's picture
Hat Tips: 2116
Alternative Medicine

This forum is to discuss various alternatives to "traditional" medicine. So, have at it!

DeaconBenjamin
DeaconBenjamin's picture
Hat Tips: 9364
Burn remedy

I heat the house with a wood stove

I am constantly burning myself.  A few years back, I discovered SunBreeze essential oil.  That stuff is amazing.  If I can reach it within a minute of burning myself -- no matter how hot the surface I touched -- it removes the heat and I never get a blister.  I have about 8 bottles (5 ml) that I keep at the house; I never want to run out (but I've never emptied a bottle).

boatman
boatman's picture
Hat Tips: 6811
i heat with wood stove too

and that also sounds like me-------one or two of something probly fine, but i'm getting a PALLET! 

"organized people are just too lazy to look for things"

boatman

opticsguy
opticsguy's picture
Hat Tips: 5957
Shizandra/Rhodiola combo

Trying this as a de-stress regimen for a week or so instead of Ashwagandha.  Anyone have any experiences?

flyinkel
flyinkel's picture
Hat Tips: 6619
Drawbacks of Microwave Food? DNA is destroyed

Great pics, normal water vice microwave water for plants.

http://getwellstaywellathome.com/blog/2012/05/microwave-death/

flyinkel

flyinkel
flyinkel's picture
Wonderful way to de-stress! Tapping

1)  It's free, just click on the video.

2)  It has many other health benefits.

3)  Takes just 5 min a day once you learn the technique.

So take a chance on it and see how great it feels.  Really; enjoy.

http://www.tapping.com/videos/introduction-to-tapping.html

Plenty of data proves this not only works, but usually works exponentially better than many other stress relieving modalities.

Don't forget your exercise to get the lymph system in action too, and always plenty of water.  Good luck, be well.

flyinkel

flyinkel
flyinkel's picture
Burns

Aloe vera gel also works well for burns.

flyinkel

sengfarmer
sengfarmer's picture
Hat Tips: 1382
burns

The best I've found is MMS. I was out on a boat in Belize for a day of fishing with no hat and no sunscreen.  When I came in I looked like a lobster, I had some MMS with and rubbed it on good and let it sit for a minute then rinsed it off. To the amazement of myself and my friends I went right back out the next day with no sunburn.

I've also used it on burns both from scalding and the fire at home and always relief from pain within minutes with no blistering.  Amazing stuff.

question
question's picture
Hat Tips: 3294
@sengfarmer

Do you know of a web site with detailed information on the uses and applications of MMS? I've not been able to find much that isn't mostly hype and sales oriented. Doses and strengths, that sort of thing. TIA

Learn to behave

Magpie
Magpie's picture
Hat Tips: 11868
?

Try this:

http://mmswiki.is/index.php?title=Main_Page

ancaro imparo.

question
question's picture
Hat Tips: 3294
@Magpie

Thanks; lots to look over.

Many magpies where I live, always fun to watch.

Learn to behave

opticsguy
opticsguy's picture
Hat Tips: 5957
From Mercola - a new look at heart attacks

It's not blood clots, not plaque, but stress.  Who'd had thought?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2099/12/31/real-cause-heart-attacks.aspx?e_cid=20141117Z1_DNL_artTest_B6&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=artTest_B6&utm_campaign=20141117Z1&et_cid=DM60544&et_rid=731760662

sierra skier
sierra skier's picture
Hat Tips: 1973
Burns

I once grabbed the handle of a frying pan coming out of the oven and had a substantial burn developing. I immediately submerged my hand in ice water and continued to ice it that evening and most of the night.

The following morning I had no blisters and very little discomfort. Taking the heat away from the burn is an important step in preventing the worst.

BagOfGold
BagOfGold's picture
Hat Tips: 15487
Dementia & alzheimer's cure?...

It was Ag1969 & his Health thread...along with the contributor's input who have helped me save my friend who suffers from dementia...as a result of a brain concussion from a fall!...He is in a wheelchair because of brain damage...unable to walk or remember his name!...Also...he lost so much weight...6' 4" & weighing only 120 pounds is serious stuff & this physical wasting can kill!...The doctor said he suffers from nutritional dementia...so even though I was feeding him organic food along with nutrition supplements...he continued to waste away!...One of the biggest problems was he refused to give up the GMO beer & GMO caramels...so I gave him an ultimatum...quit both of these killers...or I'm not going to stick around to watch him die!...He gave up the GMO caramels & switched from the GMO beer in the tin cans to Organic beer in the bottles...since he can't/won't give up the beer!...Now he is getting better...& the chronic diarrhea has also disappeared!...His appetite has gone way upstairs...as it appears that his brain is finally able to tell his body that he is hungry...& is now eating constantly...all day & night!...He's gaining weight & the cognitive parts of his brain are "firing on all cylinders"!...Vitamins & minerals: (B12...K2...Calcium with Magnesium & D3...B Complex....A...C...E...Omega 3...CoQ10...sellenium...adult vitamin supplement...distilled water...coloidal silver) are what he has been taking all along...However...I put my foot down...along with the vitamins & minerals...he is now eating the broccoli & sunflower microgreens...2 ounces of apple cider vinegar 3 times a day...& the fermented grated carrots!...WOW!...He is getting better...very fast...& I think "the barrier to his brain"...has been broken & the nutrition is finally getting through!...I am watching...& waiting for the day when that expensive electric wheelchair can be donated to the Salvation Army!...

I sure miss Ag1969...AG1969...PLEASE COME BACK...& RESTART YOUR HEALTH THREAD!!!...

smileyheartsmiley

Bag Of Gold

Bongo Jim
Bongo Jim's picture
Hat Tips: 2116
@BOG

Sounds like you've done some major good for that man. Well done! Can you elaborate more on the methods you used?

I opened this thread to keep the health thread going.  Hopefully more people will come forward with their stories.

Like my story in which I used Manuka honey to help cure a stomach ulcer. It worked, honest.

1 - Tablespoon Manuka honey (15+ UMF)  3 times a day - 1/2 hour before each meal. I put it on a piece of bread. I also sometimes added it to my usual lunch of a peanut butter sandwich, so sometimes I got 4T a day.

1 - 75mg zantac - morning and evening 12 hours apart

2 apples a day

Cut out booze, chocolate and milk.

It took 2 months, but I didn't have to take any antibiotics. The ulcer I had 10 years before this last one took a month to heal, and I did use antibiotics on that one. I didn't want to use antibiotics the last time so I researched on the web and found the interesting antibacterial properties of Manuka honey - which helped stomp out the Helicobacter pylori in mah belly.

Note, this stuff isn't cheap, but it works.

BagOfGold
BagOfGold's picture
Bongo Jim...

This is a work in process...& much too lengthy to describe in detail!...I do strongly suggest that everyone do the research on all of the items...as I don't have the absolute doseages & it may need to be adjusted depending on each person's situation!...There are excellent articles out there...One suggestion...stay away from all GMO ingredients...as much as possible!...Here's a good place to start your research...

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/5410/healthy-food-and-healthy-living

smileysmileysmiley

Bag Of Gold

Dyna mo hum
Dyna mo hum's picture
Hat Tips: 17626
ag1969 @ BOG

Bog I must have missed the initial  news that ag1969 was ill.  He was and is one of my favorites here abouts. Glad to hear he is some what better. I will include him in my thoughts and prayers.  Hang in there brother!

BagOfGold
BagOfGold's picture
I didn't know Ag1969 was ill?...

How did you hear about that?...

sadsadsad

Bag Of Gold

GuerrillaCapitalist
GuerrillaCapitalist's picture
Hat Tips: 5050
I Have Bladder Cancer

I have a preliminary diagnosis of possible bladder cancer. I waited two months for a urology appointment after my p.o.s. primary care withholder found blood in a urine specimen. I was seen by a nurse practioner and got the litany of possibilities, but no diagnosis. I'll see a real urologist at the end of january. Of course all this is VA mis-care since I'm retired from the army.

I'm asking the community for any and all suggestions, since I don't trust the american medical model.

Thanks one and all,

GuerrillaCapitalist

GuerrillaCapitalist
GuerrillaCapitalist's picture
Hat Tips: 5050
I Have Bladder Cancer

I have a preliminary diagnosis of possible bladder cancer. I waited two months for a urology appointment after my p.o.s. primary care withholder found blood in a urine specimen. I was seen by a nurse practioner and got the litany of possibilities, but no diagnosis. I'll see a real urologist at the end of january. Of course all this is VA mis-care since I'm retired from the army.

I'm asking the community for any and all suggestions, since I don't trust the american medical model.

Thanks one and all,

GuerrillaCapitalist

redwood
redwood's picture
Hat Tips: 10846
Guerrilla

Nurse practitioners can be skilled but they are not skilled in diagnostic work, invariably left to physicians after a thorough history, exam and diagnostic tests.  This is very preliminary so try and not get distressed.  There are many possibilities here as you can see here for yourself.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/blood-in-urine/basics/causes/con-20032338

The presence/absence of other symptoms either chronically or acutely are very important in the diagnostic formulation, among other things.  If you find it hard to put on the back burner then see if you can move up the time frame of your appointment, but I don't know how bottle necked the waiting times are there.  Good luck.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Alternative Medicine"