THREAD OF FAITH -

1016 posts / 0 new
Last post
NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Hat Tips: 11195
THREAD OF FAITH -

WELL HERE IS THE REPLACEMENT FOR THE OLD FORUM. 

NW VIEW

Nana
Nana's picture
Hat Tips: 13245
NW VIEW

Thank you.

SilverRunNW
SilverRunNW's picture
Hat Tips: 4168
Thanks NW View

This is an important thread to continue.   Thank you for "resurrecting" it!

Though I haven't been active in this forum, I plan to.  In that light, I wanted to share a few web resources that I have found to contain very important "bible study" videos and audio clips.  The "author" and Pastor is Tim Warner from the Berean Church, Oasis, in Florida. 

Bereans Bible Institute - Currently 5 study modules of which I've completed 3 and found fascinating.

YouTube Video Playlists of sermons and teachings from the Oasis Berean Church

Answers in Revelations - A complete indepth breakdown of Revelations, chapter by chapter.

The Bereans historically are know for their "studiousness" in the Bible and adhering strictly to what is stated in the bible and rejects false and pagan doctrines (or baggage) that has crept into Christianity over the millenia.

Enjoy!

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Money Won't

The long picnic table stretches from Washington to Florida and across the seas.  Wanted to bring up the song from the previous thread to remind us that "money won't".   Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
LOOKING AHEAD

What are the Elements of the Coming Worldwide Move of the Spirit of God?

The church systems and so-called Christian television have their ideas of the coming events. Millions of dollars are being spent on multitudes of books and movies. All of them seem to apply the wisdom of the world with their views of the scriptures. However, they have missed out on church history and the ways of the Spirit of God. All of these self-proclaimed prophets have different views of what is coming and all believe they have a special anointing. I turned on a Christian television channel  and saw more witchcraft and idolatry than I would have believed possible, and the people loved it. Unfortunately the believers are marked for destruction.

What about church history? In the 17th century the Lord raised up multitudes of men in Great Britain to preach the Truth to a lost world of people sitting in churches and dead in their pews. These jewels - such as George Fox, Francis Howgill, Leonard Fell, Robert Barclay, William Penn, and many others - began to tell the Truth to the church and national leaders of their day, and many were thrown in prison, beaten, their property seized, and many died in prison. Many of these friends of Jesus traveled all over Europe and the colonies of America. Many of these friends of Jesus were even hanged by the Christians in America! What were they teaching that got them into so much trouble? Some of the main points were:

Ÿ You need not any man teach you, because in this dispensation the Holy Spirit is inside of us and He will teach you, not your bishop, priest or pastor. Your Teacher is within you. (John 14:26 and 1 John 2:27)

Ÿ That paying tithes to a church with hireling pastor is Old Testament and is over. George Fox said, "I was sent to you to tell you that, if you have received the gospel freely, you would minister it freely without money or price; but you make a trade and sale of what the prophets and apostles have spoken; and so you corrupt the Truth."

Ÿ The whole church systems of the world were filled with the spirit of antichrist

They taught many other things and paid a big price for it at the hands of organized religion and the State. Over 70 notable men, known as the 'Valiant Seventy', were raised up in Great Britain to be a witness for the Truth, and some lived and taught into the 18th Century. In the 19th century the Lord raised up men in Great Britain who also came out of the systems of the church world and made a stand for Truth. The 20th century saw great men such as T Austin Sparks from Great Britain who threw off his robes and taught the Truth for many decades. All of these men of the past centuries spread the gospel truth to other nations and had great messages of truth for the world in this dispensation.

Well, we are here in the 21st century. I like the pattern of church history which has been enacted by the Spirit of God. We see a great pattern of truth coming to the different nations of the world through men of God.

I believe the elements of the coming worldwide move of God are the same ones already given by previous men in church history. However, few have heard their message. It may be that the Spirit will again visit the nation of Great Britain and raise up men of vision like George Fox to warn the Christian world of their folly.

It may be that the warning given to the town of Ulverston, England, is still valid for them today, as well as for us: "O people consider, who be within the parish of Ulverston; I was moved of the Lord to come into your public place to speak among you to the directing of your minds to God, being sent of the Lord that you might know where you might find your Teacher; that your minds might be stayed alone upon God, and you might not gad abroad without you for a teacher; for the Lord God alone will teach His peoples, and He is coming to teach them, and to gather His people from idol’s temples and customary worships, which all the world is trained up in."

This word is still good for today. God’s plan for the church age has not changed. The coming work of the Spirit will surely include the outpouring of what was given for the last few centuries in this new 21st century that is upon us. The Spirit is moving in men currently, and the greatest persecution in history is yet to come. And, as always, it will be outside of men’s organized self-made denominations.

If you look for the answers, as to what is coming, in the church systems or from their prophets, you will miss them just as the people of the past.

Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
FEAR OF BEING CAUGHT

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
PREACHER THROWN IN PRISON!

Acts 12 Amplified Bible (AMP)

12 About that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to afflict and oppress and torment some who belonged to the church (assembly).

2 And he killed James the brother of John with a sword;

3 And when he saw that it was pleasing to the Jews, he proceeded further and arrested Peter also. This was during the days of Unleavened Bread [the Passover week].

4 And when he had seized [Peter], he put him in prison and delivered him to four squads of soldiers of four each to guard him, purposing after the Passover to bring him forth to the people.

5 So Peter was kept in prison, but fervent prayer for him was persistently made to God by the church (assembly).

6 The very night before Herod was about to bring him forth, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, fastened with two chains, and sentries before the door were guarding the prison.

7 And suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared [standing beside him], and a light shone in the place where he was. And the angel gently smote Peter on the side and awakened him, saying, Get up quickly! And the chains fell off his hands.

8 And the angel said to him, Tighten your belt and bind on your sandals. And he did so. And he said to him, Wrap your outer garment around you and follow me.

9 And [Peter] went out [along] following him, and he was not conscious that what was apparently being done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision.

10 When they had passed through the first guard and the second, they came to the iron gate which leads into the city. Of its own accord [the gate] swung open, and they went out and passed on through one street; and at once the angel left him.

11 Then Peter came to himself and said, Now I really know and am sure that the Lord has sent His angel and delivered me from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people were expecting [to do to me].

12 When he, at a glance, became aware of this [[a]comprehending all the elements of the case], he went to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark, where a large number were assembled together and were praying.

......................................................................................................................................................................................

An old memory:   It was about thirty years ago that two of us wanted to get some of the scriptures in the local daily paper.  So we placed an article saying "PREACHER THROWN IN PRISON" , with a post like the one above.  We knew that even the unsaved would love to read what they thought was a current event.

NW VIEW

JustDale
JustDale's picture
Hat Tips: 1155
Simply Sweet

Before I forget...

@JerJr:  Thank you for the Spurgeon sermon, and the meditation from 'Morning and Evening', now Archived on the last page of old thread.

@NW VIEW:  As usual, I have enjoyed another story from the past (Preacher Arrested!)...and the Poonen sermon was attended to by 'yours truly'.  The Word, rightly divided, is like a two-edged sword.

@SWM:  I cannot rid you from my night-watches, or from my prayers, or from my heart.  It is an unbreakable bond that Christ knits and forges between Himself...and His.  It is often bitter-sweet.  May you be receiving double-portions of His love, His comfort, and His faithfulness.  I can say no more.

@Foggyroad and IRB:  Neither is forgotten by me, and it does not embarrass me to say, "I love you."

O, for the day when Faith will be Sight; when the Crooked will be made Straight; when the Promise will be our Possession!

NWD...who is in need of your help to praise Him.

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
LAST NIGHTS DREAM

I was attending an old FGBMFI meeting in a new city.  The meeting seemed o.k. and we had some great fellowship.  After the meeting was over, I was walking to my car and a tall gentleman recognized me and wanted to talk.     He then introduced his son and wife to me. 

The son told me that his life was in trouble and he needed advise and help.  I just listened and he said something like: "I have made some awful investments in my life.  I bought metals, stocks and lost all of my savings and we are in trouble."   From a outwardly view, a strong Christian family.  The problem came in his rant where he began his blasting the Lord in his rage.  As if the Lord had driven him into these investments.

I knew as I listened that he wanted investment advise.  I told him that I understood his bad investments and I had done the same.  I was just beginning to explain to him that he had lost more than his money while investing in the world, he had lost his Way, the narrow road that leads to Life.  His real problem was his lack of repentance and returning to the Lord. 

Yes I really had this dream last night and hope it is for someone.   Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
GO HIDE THYSELF

"HELL HATH NO EXITS"!

NW VIEW

JustDale
JustDale's picture
Words Not Needed

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
THE PILGRIM CHURCH

In 1517 a prominent salesman of Papal indulgences, Tetzel, showed a

shamelessness and buffoonery in his business which, more perhaps than

anything else, impressed on people its inherent charlatanry. When he

came to Wittenberg, Luther, failing to arouse the Elector of Saxony to

action, and encouraged by Stanpitz, himself nailed on the church door

the Ninety-five Theses which set Europe in a blaze, as men realized that

a voice had at last been raised to utter what most felt–that the whole

system of indulgences was a fraud and had no place in the Gospel. A poor

monk now faced and fought the whole vast Papal power; his “Address to

the Nobility of the German Nation on the Liberty of the Christian Man"

and his “Babylonian Captivity of the Church" appealed to all Europe.

The Pope issued a Bull excommunicating him; he burnt it publicly at

Wittenberg (1520). Summoned to Worms before the Papal authorities,

he braved all dangers and went, and none was able to harm him. When

he left, his life being threatened, his friends carried him off secretly to a

castle, the Wartburg, and let it be supposed that he was dead. There he

translated the New Testament into German, following it later by the Old

Testament. The effect of increased reading of the Scriptures, and that in

a time when questions of religion were violently agitating masses of the

population, was to change the whole aspect of Christendom. The dull

hopelessness with which men had seen the ever-increasing corruption

and rapacity of the Church, was exchanged for a vivid hope that now,

at last, the time of revival had come, the time of a return to Apostolic,

primitive Christianity; Christ Himself was seen afresh, revealed in the

Scriptures as the Redeemer and immediate Saviour of sinners and the

Way to God for a suffering humanity.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Are we ready to "return to Apostolic, primitive Christianity, with Christ seen afresh and revealed in the scriptures as the Redeemer and immediate Saviour of sinners and the Way to God?"

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
What can our youth export to the 3rd world nations?

When we were working in the Ukraine during the early '90's, I met a local grade school teacher who was teaching the scriptures in the public schools.  I was a bit shocked and told her that it was illegal in America.  Then there was the time in Zululand where I was able to address the entire school, and taught the basics of Christianity.   The principal of the school thanked us and said that they, the students, were the future of the Zulu nation and they needed to hear the message of Jesus the Christ.

This last week, I have been asked to help some of our local youth, who are in public schools, with their evangelism programs.  They all need big funds to go into their third world nations.   Not to testify of their faith and trust in Christ alone but to build steeple houses and homes.  This has been happening for decades.  They actually think that they are missionaries but some will find out that the third world youth may be light years ahead of them.  There is nothing wrong with building homes for people. 

I have met many youth who first want to attend some S.H. bible college and become a pastor.   I tell them to stay home and work in the field in their home area which is white unto harvest.  That is not what they want to hear.  It is an exciting thing for Americans to be sent out from their divisions as missionaries, however, many are not prepared for what they will encounter in those foreign fields and come home. 

We still like "Go unto all the world and preach the Gospel". 

This topic may stir some, however, I have been in that foreign field to see what America has sent into their field and it is not the living book of Acts.      jmo

NW VIEW

JustDale
JustDale's picture
@NW VIEW...

Your post sent me back to the place I left off in my reading of 'The Pilgrim Church', which was Chapter IX: The Anabaptists.  This portion of the book immediately follows the chapter: The Reformation.  My recent fascination with A Cappella hymn singing (which I consider a gift) came to me via an Anabaptist-Mennonite inspired YouTube channel found here:

http://youtube.com/user/sesamonte

My 'copy' of  'The Pilgrim Church' came from here:

http://thejesusway.info/pdf/PilgrimChurch/PilgrimChurchVer-0200-beta.pdf

Chapter IX is quite long (Pg 153-192).  I read as far as Pg. 183 today, but became too tired to press on, and Pg.183 was an excellent place to take a 'breather'.  What a treasure-trove of church history, and how important it is to follow that history in order to be able to flesh out the difficulties, and the personalities, in order to be able to embrace Christ's church whole-heartedly in spite of it's bloody (and that for good reason!) past.

Out of the struggle to gain a good understanding, my heart is expanded and my love is deepened for Christ, most assuredly, but also for the 'clay-vessels' who have carried Him about in themselves; and not believing the 'servant is greater than the master'.  The Anabaptists were persecuted by Lutherans (Protestants) and Papists alike.  I find it difficult to believe they were ever persecuted, and prosecuted, by a man in whose heart the 'love of God had been shed abroad'.  Most, I believe, who brought the malevolence forward could be labeled C.I.N.Os (Christian-in-name-only).   If truly Christian, they labored under the weight of great error!  And, my reading in Chapter IX has helped immensely in this regard, as it is hard to connect the DOTS with merely a cursory knowledge of their importance. 

Anyway, from my 'accidental' thread...

NWD

Jeremiah Jr
Jeremiah Jr's picture
Hat Tips: 3530
I just love this guy

Glad to see ToF is alive and back up and thanks to all that post here, thanks NW for starting it up again. I thought I would post some Spurgeon that really hit home for me today.

"Underneath are the everlasting arms."—Deuteronomy 33:27.

g.gifOD—THE eternal God—is Himself our support at all times, and especially when we are sinking in deep trouble. There are seasons when the Christian sinks very low in humiliation. Under a deep sense of his great sinfulness, he is humbled before God till he scarcely knows how to pray, because he appears, in his own sight, so worthless. Well, child of God, remember that when thou art at thy worst and lowest, yet "underneath" thee "are everlasting arms." Sin may drag thee ever so low, but Christ's great atonement is still under all. You may have descended into the deeps, but you cannot have fallen so low as "the uttermost"; and to the uttermost He saves. Again, the Christian sometimes sinks very deeply in sore trial from without. Every earthly prop is cut away. What then? Still underneath him are "the everlasting arms." He cannot fall so deep in distress and affliction but what the covenant grace of an ever-faithful God will still encircle him. The Christian may be sinking under trouble from within through fierce conflict, but even then he cannot be brought so low as to be beyond the reach of the "everlasting arms"—they are underneath him; and, while thus sustained, all Satan's efforts to harm him avail nothing.
indent.gifThis assurance of support is a comfort to any weary but earnest worker in the service of God. It implies a promise of strength for each day, grace for each need, and power for each duty. And, further, when death comes, the promise shall still hold good. When we stand in the midst of Jordan, we shall be able to say with David, "I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me." We shall descend into the grave, but we shall go no lower, for the eternal arms prevent our further fall. All through life, and at its close, we shall be upheld by the "everlasting arms"—arms that neither flag nor lose their strength, for "the everlasting God fainteth not, neither is weary."

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
UPDATE ON SWM

I just talked to Carol's daughter in California.   Carol was just rushed to the hospital and things are not looking very good.  It would be good for those at table to pray for Carol, even tonight, as her future life  here is in need of Help.     jim

NW VIEW

Jeremiah Jr
Jeremiah Jr's picture
Hat Tips: 3530
@NW

Will do, our prayers are with her, thanks for the update.

Nana
Nana's picture
Hat Tips: 13245
NW

Prayed as soon as I read it.....

JJ, thank you so much for the inspirational post (#15), that reminded me in prayer God will heal Carol one way or another, physically or by taking her home.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Hat Tips: 6154
Sweet Carol, be of good cheer.

God Bless you Carol, may He keep you close to His Heart.

Prayers for Carol and Family, 

Heavenly Father, Beloved and True, we bring Carol's name up to your ears, Precious Father.

If it it be good in Your eyes Loving Father, refresh Carol's body and mind and soul with your Living Waters, let her drink from your Everlasting Waters, that flow freely from Your Throne, beloved Father.

Please bless Carol, steady her heart, strengthen her body and mind, fill her with peace Father, we pray,

Refresh and cleanse Carol's Spirit and Soul, with the pure Waters of Life, bless Her, with your abundant Loving Kindness, Peace and Grace.

Heal Carol, Father comfort her, grant her your blessed Peace, rejuvenate her sickly body and quicken her weary Spirit.

Praise the Lord.

If it is time for Carol to come Home, grant Your Comfort and Peace to her Family, grant them great Joy, the Joy that they may rest in the knowledge, that Carol is in Your loving Arms.

Carol will be in His Glory, standing in the bright Light of the Lord, in His Love.

Blessed be.

Blessed Joy, in loving embrace, surrounded with Love and Laughter, of Friends and Family gone before.

Thank You, loving Father.

In Jesus most beautiful Name , I pray.

Praise Jesus, King of Kings, Lord of Lords.

Praise the Lord.

Hallelujah!

He is Risen!

The heavens Rejoice, for He has overcome.

Rejoice in the Lord.

He is returning Soon!

Hallelujah.

Praises and Blessings, and Thanksgiving to our Father in Heaven, the Most High.

Hallowed be Thy Name.

Thy will be done, Thy Kingdom come, Praise the Lord.

Amen.

Carol beloved, soon we shall all be united, look up with heartfelt Joy.

Love Foggy, and Friends.

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Let us never forget John Huss

The Condemnation of Huss

On the morning of July 6th, 1415, the council met in the cathedral. Huss, as a heretic, was detained in the porch while Mass was celebrated. The bishop of Lodi preached from the text, "That the body of sin might be destroyed." (Rom. 6:6) It would be difficult to say, whether from gross ignorance or malice he perverted the word of God to the purpose of the council. It was a fierce declamation against heresies and errors, but chiefly against Huss, who was pronounced to be as bad as Arius, and worse than Sabellius. He closed with adulatory praise to the Emperor. "It is thy glorious office to destroy heresies and schisms, especially this obstinate heretic," pointing to the prisoner, who was kneeling in an elevated place and in fervent prayer. About thirty articles of accusation were read. Huss frequently attempted to speak but was not allowed. The sentence was then passed: — "That for several years John Huss has seduced and scandalized the people by the dissemination of many doctrines manifestly heretical, and condemned by the church, especially those of John Wycliffe. That he has obstinately trampled upon the keys of the church and the ecclesiastical censures, that he has appealed to Jesus Christ as sovereign judge, to the contempt of the ordinary judges of the church; and that such an appeal was injurious, scandalous, and made in derision of ecclesiastical authority. That he has persisted to the last in his errors, and even maintained them in full council. It is therefore ordained that he be publicly deposed and degraded from holy orders as an obstinate and incorrigible heretic." Huss prayed for the forgiveness of his enemies, which called forth derision from some members of the council; but in the midst of it all he lifted up his hands, and exclaimed, "Behold, most gracious Saviour, how the council condemns as an error what thou hast prescribed and practised, when, overborne by enemies, thou committedst thy cause to God thy Father, leaving us this example, that when we are oppressed we may have recourse to the judgment of God. " In his closing remarks he turned and looked steadily at Sigismund, and said, "I came to this council under the public faith of the Emperor." A deep blush passed over his face at this sudden and unexpected rebuke.

The Degradation and Execution of John Huss

The archbishop of Milan and six assisting bishops performed the inglorious ceremony of degradation. Huss was clothed in priestly garments, the sacramental cup was put into his hand, and he was led to the high altar as if about to celebrate Mass. The devoted martyr calmly observed, "that his Redeemer had been arrayed with royal robes in mockery." The bishops appointed then proceeded to the office of degradation. He was stripped, one by one, of his sacred vestments, the cup was taken from his hand, the tonsure was obliterated by the scissors, a paper crown, daubed over with demons, was placed on his head, and with the superscription, Heresiarch. The prelates then piously devoted his soul to the regions of eternal woe. "Accursed Judas, who, having forsaken the counsel of peace, art entered into that of the Jews, we take this holy cup from thee, in which is the blood of Jesus Christ." But God stood by His faithful servant in a remarkable way, and enabled him to cry aloud, "I trust, in the mercy of God, I shall drink of it this day in His kingdom." "We devote thy soul to the infernal demons," said the prelates. "But I," said Huss, "commit my spirit into Thy hands, O Lord Jesus Christ; unto Thee I commend my soul which Thou hast redeemed."

In the most awfully solemn mockery and daring hypocrisy, the false church thought to rid itself of the stain of blood by declaring Huss to be cut off from the ecclesiastical body, released from the grasp of the church, and consigned as a layman to the vengeance of the secular arm. The Emperor now took charge of the outcast, and commanded his immediate execution. The Elector Palatine, with eight hundred horse, and a great multitude from the city, conducted the martyr to the stake. They stopped before the bishop's palace, where a heap of his books which had been condemned by the council were burning. He only smiled at this feeble act of vengeance. He endeavoured to speak to the people and the imperial guards in German, but the Elector prevented him and ordered him to be burned. But nothing could disturb the peace of his mind: God was with him. He chanted the psalms as he went along, and prayed with such fervour, that the people of the town said, "What this man has done, we know not, but we hear him offer up most excellent prayers to God." On reaching the place of execution, he kneeled down, prayed for the forgiveness of his enemies, and commended his soul into the hands of Christ.

Even after Huss was tied to the stake, and the wood piled around him, the Elector asked him if he would not now recant and save his life. He nobly replied, "What I have written and taught was in order to rescue souls from the power of the devil, and to deliver them from the tyranny of sin, and I do gladly seal what I have written and taught with my blood." The faggots were then lighted; he remained firm and suffered with unshaken constancy, but his sufferings were brief. The Lord permitted a rising volume of smoke to suffocate his faithful martyr before the fire had scorched him. With the last feeble accents of his voice he was heard singing the praise of Jesus who died to save him. His ashes were carefully collected, and thrown into the lake, but his happy soul was now with Jesus in the paradise of God. The faithful piety of his affectionate followers tore up the earth from the spot of his martyrdom, carried it to Bohemia, moistened it with their tears, and preserved it as a relic of one whose name is never to be forgotten, but ever to be loved.

Thus died, thus slept in Jesus, one of the true harbingers of the Reformation. (Miller's Church History - P. 669-670)

NW VIEW

Ralphie
Ralphie's picture
Hat Tips: 281
Attention Truther Movement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "THREAD OF FAITH - "