The Bear House

47 posts / 0 new
Last post
GeoffByra
GeoffByra's picture
Hat Tips: 118
The Bear House

Gold and all metals will love "value" over time as technology makes all manufacturing more efficient, with Nanotechnology being one of the prime drivers reducing the need for new mined material. One example of this is Nanotechnology batteries reducing the need for Platinum by 75%.

Gold will only be industrial in the future as the world enters into a system of global scientific governance and national currencies are eliminated from the equation along with the ancient and primitive concept of "the nation" and government. Space travel will produce demand for Golds properties, but not as "money"

A new and fairer society will emerge, a society dominated by those of greater intellect and ingenuity.

The thread is only being started upon request of the permabull "Goldbugs" that cant accept they got it wrong and continue to throw good money after bad and push out those that offer different views. All those wishing to break ranks may post here so not to upset the clan and allow them their money losing ideas.

Gold is a relic of primitive human history.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:30
GeoffByra
GeoffByra's picture
the classic bubble

bubble chart

GeoffByra
GeoffByra's picture
(No subject)

marked the date "the setup for the big trade" was started. note how the positioning is identical to the "bull trap" annotation on above image. hilarious !

according to the thread this was the time to begin the buying process.

GeoffByra
GeoffByra's picture
same chart

bubble chart

and look how much the DAX looks the same. IT MUST BE A BUBBLE!!

GeoffByra
GeoffByra's picture
(No subject)

Trading-Chart-Patterns.gif

GeoffByra
GeoffByra's picture
all the tech wizards on setup

all the tech wizards on setup thread (not) think it looks like a bubble and is about to crash

ten years of consolidation and a breakout. very bearish yes. not like golds parabolic rise with no real pull back. that bullish to da moon

GeoffByra
GeoffByra's picture
recommended reading for TA

recommended reading for TA guys who are bullish on gold and say DAX and SP500 have bubble patterns.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Technical-Analysis-Dummies-Lifestyles-Paperback/dp/0764540440

GeoffByra
GeoffByra's picture
and thats all from me. I was

and thats all from me. I was called "a disease" on that bullish thread and that was enough for me to want to leave for good. They were desperate for this thread so i did it for them they can now look at it and then feel angry and stupid. they will ahte it as it makes them look stupid. 

they will continue with same failed arguments for gold to rise untill they have no money left.

good luck and good riddance.

argentus maximus
argentus maximus's picture
Hat Tips: 19261
Should we buy for the rally,

Should we buy for the PM rally, or sell for a further breakdown to lower levels?

Hold existing shorts, or existing longs? I am long gold and silver in medium and long term, no short term committment.

Please advise what would you do now?

That is tongue in cheek of course! I don't actually expect you to give financial advise here. But the comment about the left hand side of the chart is hindsight. The bear market you describe is already there and can be easily seen. Looking at the right hand side of the chart is where profit or loss can be created, and represents the real test. What next? How far do you think it will go?

PS Thanks for opening a contra prevailing view thread. TFMR will be the better for it, though you have chosen "a hot seat" in this website. Your counter arguments can help balance bias we carry.

argentus maximus
Rhythm 'n Price
http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html
This analysis - global markets

Kid Salami
Kid Salami's picture
Hat Tips: 425
Geoff - as I said, I'm not

Geoff - as I said, I'm not certain that what you say is going to happen is wrong at all (this will be very bad news for my savings).

Not for the reasons you say though. I don't know if your theory is sufficiently well thought out. I asked you a question here and you seemed to agree 

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/371848#comment-371848

that the TA you relied on (new high after consolidation in a period of "growth") was not itself enough, but you quoted this TA again above. In full you said:

"I agree with your first few points but do not feel that the current period in history is comparable to any other and i feel that is where most go wrong. they constantly use old models and old philosophies for a new world and new market place."

Well I don't think this period is comparable to any other either, both in the way that i think you mean (good - technology) and also in that there has never been civilization wide soveriegn debt anywhere remotely near this level (bad - and it is not the debt itself that is the problem, but it is a marker for the massive multi-decadal capital misallocations and the explosion in financial instruments and the associated daisy chain of debts).

So might you expand on what the "new world and new market place" will mean and why it will necessarily override the problem trillions and trillions of unpayable debt and liabilities and why this means I should sell my gold now? I believe this may be the short version

"Gold will only be industrial in the future as the world enters into a system of global scientific governance and national currencies are eliminated from the equation along with the ancient and primitive concept of "the nation" and government. Space travel will produce demand for Golds properties, but not as "money". A new and fairer society will emerge, a society dominated by those of greater intellect and ingenuity." 

But this is pretty generalCould you convince me with specifics why I should sell my gold NOW? When for example is the nation state and government going to disappear - are you sure that this is an event that is relevant to the timescale of a an investor holding gold right now?

GeoffByra
GeoffByra's picture
@AM you are too damn nice!

@AM you are too damn nice! you make it very difficult for me to engage in trollish activities and attack peoples ignorance. You are a fine mediator.

I would not buy gold here. and if i owned a substantial amount of gold i would sell it and hold cash. cash is the contrarian trade. everyone hates cash. whats the point of watching gold go further down when you could sell it buy it back later. gold is going nowhere fast. why would it?

but as i said in my first post i am not a trade i dont trade and have never risked my money in such things. i make the odd investment mainly in international real estate

@KidSalami

Im Not trying to be "in the hot seat" as AM put it. I dont spend much time on blogs and i have found myself here more than i would like so avoiding all discussion after i have answered your most immediate question. i will not be posting on a regular basis as i am not interested in gold. i originally came here for troll sport and got unintentionally embroiled in things.

its Christmas but at some point i will answer you. maybe in a PM

:)

T
T's picture
Hat Tips: 6464
well said...

I like what  AM said and completely agree.

I also like  that  Geoff said....... sell your gold so you can buy it back at lower prices.

so my question to Geoff (thanks for  calling yourself a troll, saves a few folks the trouble)

What upcoming rally price would you   recommend  selling the gold?  Surely you dont mean to sell here at 1200,expecting an imminent plunge now to 1100 ? do you?

I might hazard a forecast,as I have,  for a gold rally  into the short attack kill zone    between 1280 and 1340,  tighter channel might be 1300-1325 area. and I actually do plan to sell some miners and  some  PHYS and/or PSLV (might be better to sell silver)   at that correlation.  but not my coins.    ...... so I can buy some more coins at 11oo-1140, and all the way down to 960. if need be.

Its not  trollish to ride the waves  that are visible now to  even a caveman.  The cartel shows No sign of ending the manipulation game thats been going on for at least 2 years visible.  an intermediate pause here at the round number seems  likely, maybe a rally  allowed to  1300, then the next wave down.

But any good forecast ought to   show specific price target zones.  I'm seeing top zone  1300-1325  as very generous, and next bottom zone at 1150 area, then 1260 and 1160, then 1240 and 1120,  and tricky down   until 2014 ends at 1060

whats that phrase you said..... bugs who want to ......oh yeah, Break ranks, thats it.  I guess I'm breaking ranks. Ive been breaking ranks  since watching the  manipulated shattering  of reality  that happened in April.

not sure why you'd want to call it breaking ranks. AM calls it  'watching for the set up of the big trade'

its all about the same game

My study is making me  think the timing needs a big slowing down  to stretch out over  much longer  periods, not weeks, not months, maybe 2 years ongoing. from here. Right now, folks  have watched in shock at what 2013 collapse has done. and they are desperately hoping  2014 will  be a big turn around year. I feel it will Not be. It will be a  continued downward  slide  along the same channel , wallowing along the bottom zone, all next year. 

and the next top zone  at 1325 could be the  high of 2014.

Except...... there is one semi meaningful  pattern that  appears now possible , which is the formation of an intermediate  " W " bottom, which would forecast gold rallying   to a higher target, right?   maybe to the 1400 area, instead of  being stifled at 1300-1325.

Loud Noises
Loud Noises's picture
Hat Tips: 1475
General thoughts

My very general thoughts about GeoffByra's very general views would be summed up as follows:

What you describe sounds great.  A new world, a new race, a new era.  No need for distrust.  No need for personal security or financial insurance.  No need to guard oneself against others that used to be out to exploit, rob, or kill you.  I look forward to that world.  But it requires one supremely critical change that has not occurred yet, a change in human nature.  Only our circumstances, our gadgets and our achievements have changed.  Human nature does indeed need to change or we will ultimately destroy ourselves.  But I will not put money on it happening in our lifetime. 

It appears that your entire argument rests on your assumption that it has changed.  I suggest that you observe your surroundings.

TomMack
TomMack's picture
Hat Tips: 2785
a little bit skeptical

this time it's going to be different?  great news!

"A new and fairer society will emerge, a society dominated by those of greater intellect and ingenuity."

Has human nature has changed with benevolent leaders no lies, greed, or theft?

i can't wait to throw my worthless PM's in the river.  of course i will have to fish them out of the lake.

It is the BILL of RIGHTS not the BILL of NEEDS

brokerk22
brokerk22's picture
Hat Tips: 3581
@T

Just curious as to what your reasoning (is it technical or something else) as to why you believe next year or maybe forever that gold and silver will do nothing but continue lower for most all of 2014.  Do you think the bull market is over in metals and commodities?  If you think this than why wouldnt you just do something else with more possibility for trade than a busted and manipulated metals market?  I mean i really have no clue myself either.  The markets are so totally busted IMHO it is a total joke.  Just curious if you have a reason or may you are saying this because down has been the direction and it is just going to do this because why would it change.  

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Hat Tips: 34219
GeoffBrya,  It looks like you

GeoffBrya, 

It looks like you have run out of steam before you even got started.  Well at least your few posts here will be here for the record.    For the sake of accuracy, I'd point out the following.

1.) This forum was setup because you were asked to leave the other forum after being  warned to stop your behavior. If you had read the full forum, you'd know that the individuals weren't permabulls.  If you can't put forth the truth in small matters, how can anybody trust your macro analysis which only amounts to a list of postulates supported by emotion?

2.) typewriters, abacuses, 8 track tapes, cowrie shells as money are all relics of the past.  None of them are being acquired by central banks.  Nobody is spending billions of dollars to dig them out of the ground or requesting that their cowrie shells be repatriated.  Warren Buffett is not commenting on them, good or bad, regularly in the mainstream press.   For something that is a relic, there sure is alot of smart, professionals focusing on it every day.

3.) a society dominated by those of greater intellect etc....  You'll be part of the minority I assume?  Hey, didn't you ask Ivars not to predict the future because he didn't know?

4) how is that due diligence going on that 250 tons of mineable gold in Fujian province that you used as a factual piece of evidence to support your case?

5)  Could you clearify for the group the difference between a secular bear market and a cyclical bear market within a bull market?  Some examples would be ideal.

6) Thank you for the jpg of the various technical formations.  I will blow it up and post it on the wall next to my poster of the kama sutra positions. 

My post isn't anti-bears.  It's pro analysis that comes with organized thinking, a model that you can demonstrate to everybody and update regularly and one devoid of emotions that say, this market sucks because I've lost money.    Manipulation in markets is rampant indeed but still not one person to demonstrate the gold cycle has been broken.   Can you demonstrate?

BTW, you and I have something in common.  You don't trade but have alot to say on the issue.  Similar to my role in politics.  I don't hold political office but I regularly go to the corner coffee shop and solve the worlds problems with the guys after a couple cups of coffee and a stack of pancakes.  Generally, it takes an hour to an hour and 1/2.  Actually, I drink tea.  Sorry for the inaccuracy.

T
T's picture
Hat Tips: 6464
@ Broker22....forecasting guesswork

Hi Broker.

well,  my outlook is still baking in the oven,like everybodys, but  what little vision I can muster  with technical analysis,plus  what good insight I gain from analysts like Jim Willie,Faber,and a few others, who have been correct in the past, seems to be adding up  to a few  thoughts in anticipation.

One is that  there is some kind of manipulation    happening in metals (and miners)  to keep them  suppressed down, while manipulation of stock indexes to stay up. Seems  logical to believe that premise at this point. Willie describes greater detail about the geopolitics behind the game, and   it seems rational to  consider that he  has a fair understanding. although, he also says  that when the Global currency Reset happens, gold price will double overnight, something like that. That seems a bit hard to believe.  and   if that does happen, I might wonder if  the govt. will enact a new tax,that taxes any sales of gold and silver to the tune of something like 75 % so that  it becomes  like an indirect confiscation  of wealth for those who own gold and silver. but  only time will tell I suppose.  When was the last time ordinary citizens were allowed to become wealthy without penalty. ever? 

The technical  chart picture of precious metals was shattered in the April smash, followed by June smash, and remains broken.  People can start to say now that the bull market is over and is now a bear market. I dont  believe that necessarily. because the chart was  broken  not by fundamentals  but by  manipulation,so say experts.

If the chart  has become an artificial construct, for some time, then this same chart  remains  on the easel, being painted  by the cartel algos, ongoing still.  and If thats the case,  then where are the color by number lines    leading  to.

down seems a better guess than up. and wave structures need to remain normal looking, and the next wave  up will hit resistance short attack zone  around (gold) 1300-1340 area, but could start as early as 1270.

Theres nothing  fresh I'm saying that cant be seen  on the chart  by looking at  the numbers. 

This past fall, the gold chart had a chance to turn into a bullish pattern IF 1250 area held strong as support, or  maybe even if 1225 area held, Followed in the past month by a strong upwaveback into the 1360 zone and  holding again  above 1300  now....instead of wallowing here at 1200.

but this return to 1180 again,is at best a double bottom, which will give bullish dreamers  a ray of hope to  pray for, the next small rally to become real, and turn  the chart bullish  once again.......  If this chart  was going to become bullish now, we need to see a strong upwave to retest the 1300- 1340 area, and THEN  HOLD SUPPORT at or above 1260-1270 area, All over again......and THEN make a higher high   get closer to 1400,  and on and on... a bullish pattern.

But for the last 2 years,until April, the chart was holding a bullish pattern as long as price held above 1460 area, even 1420 area. but what happened instead , that take down  to 1180  changed the whole picture almost overnight. What was bullish turned Bearish.whether manipulated or not,  it has become a bearish pattern, and IF this now bearish  pattern is to continue ,  price will need to get hammered  at the next short attack zone....1285-1345, anywhere in between, and taken back down  to retest the current bottom zone and eventually make lower lows and lower highs, as it has been doing  for the last year.

It wasnt until the April smash down, that the chart  turned bearish.  After that, the technical outlook has to  be seen now as a  bearish wave structure , anticipating  the next short attack zone to be  the next important target to watch for .  The chart shows the zone clearly. 1285-1345. and the 50% fib area is around 1310. 

The bearish pattern wont change now until something important changes it . Thats probably going to involve  the powers that be in the global chess game. not retail investors, or even hedge funds.

I do plan on reinvesting in something else as soon as I can recoup  some cash  in the next rallies. Thats what Ive been doing this year.  Biotech  stocks are interesting these days.

GLTA

argentus maximus
argentus maximus's picture
Hat Tips: 19261
The call for gold under 500!

Glenn Neely made that 500 forecast:

https://www.neowave.com/company-interview-20130801.asp

https://www.neowave.com/audiointerviews/20130801/LongtermMonthlyGOLD.pdf

https://www.neowave.com/audiointerviews/20130801/6monthlyGOLD.pdf

He's no stranger to long term far out calls. Here is his Dow to 100,000 call made in 1988:

https://www.neowave.com/company-interview-20130529.asp

It's all Elliott Wave, sorry for those who don't count them!  But at least they present some form or structure to go with the price, and it makes it easier to vizualize.

I would mention that there are bullish EW counts too, (Enough, Eclectic, and myself all keep a track of several variants and we are gold bulls!)  but Robert Prechter et al of EWI and Neely of Neowave seem to be in the more bearish camp. I brought the Neely links because he seems to have the most bearish of all views and this is supposed to be the uber bear thread!

I'll discuss alternative and different EW counts in a blog and maybe the other EWers will chip in.

argentus maximus
Rhythm 'n Price
http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html
This analysis - global markets

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Hat Tips: 34219
I know alot of you have sworn

I know alot of you have sworn off KWN.  Justifiably so.  But I follow Rick no matter which venue he decides to talk.  After all the guy holds my money, and soon my old man's cash.  Better than keeping it banks or retail investment firms.  

He's talking about the fundamentals  of the mining sector that have not hit yet and that while there could be some more downward action in the resource sector, he is saying the dynamics of the bear market is over.  Big money circling the sector ready to dive in.

For your consideration.

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2014/1/9_Rick_Rule.html

GeoffByra
GeoffByra's picture
Still Bullish Gold here?

Still Bullish Gold here? Still long?

Still bearish Stocks? about to crash? Shorted just before FED?

Hows Kyle bass with his japan bond market armageddon doing?

When is the next war going to start? please tell.

The vonderful volk at the Federal Reserve have shown themselves to be competent in their planning. The taper has begun, something the blogs said would never happen. Something they said would crash the stock market, and the US bond market..

Yet the market receives the news well, interest rates have fallen slightly, the stock markets moves to higher ground, the recovery continues with SnP500 likely to move beyond 3000 in a few years. And our second currency, the US dollar, strenghtens nicely as the credibility at our FED strenghtens, proved correct once more, our Ben Bernanke.

GeoffByra
GeoffByra's picture
Still Bullish Gold here?

Still Bullish Gold here? Still long?

Still bearish Stocks? about to crash? Shorted just before FED?

Hows Kyle bass with his japan bond market armageddon doing?

When is the next war going to start? please tell.

The vonderful volk at the Federal Reserve have shown themselves to be competent in their planning. The taper has begun, something the blogs said would never happen. Something they said would crash the stock market, and the US bond market..

Yet the market receives the news well, interest rates have fallen slightly, the stock markets moves to higher ground, the recovery continues with SnP500 likely to move beyond 3000 in a few years. And our second currency, the US dollar, strenghtens nicely as the credibility at our FED strenghtens, proved correct once more, our Ben Bernanke.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "The Bear House"