Tulving Warning !!!!!

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
1 Founders Fan
1 Founders Fan's picture
Hat Tips: 26
Tulving Warning !!!!!

Hannes Tulving of tulving.com  has had over $200K of my money for over five (5) months, has not shipped my orders, will not provide a full refund, and will not communicate about the matter.  The public deserves to know his business may be turning into a ponzi scheme funding his retirement.

Being a long term lurker, I have learned a lot from the Turdville community and am very grateful.  Having little to add, I never created an account until today. 

My reason for getting an account is to warn others about dealing with Hannes Tulving.  I bought from him in 2012 and got the product three weeks later.  Tulving has had over $200K of my money since mid April 2013, but has failed to deliver my silver bullion orders.  I have not been able to reach him by phone or get a response by email.  Speaking to Karen about shipment has been futile, and he has restricted her knowledge even more since August.  Something significant has changed in recent months with Tulving.  The LA BBB shows 19 complaints closed since March 2013.  Fifteen of those complaints are dated since July 30th, and eight of those are dated since August 30th.  There is no telling how many victims are out there.  Also, clients are logging warning complaints on numerous websites, including:

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/

http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?71932-Tulving-having-delivery-issues

http://golddealerreviews.com/reviews/gold-dealers/3-tulving

http://www.businessconsumeralliance.org/PublicComplaints.aspx?CompanyID=13090180and other forums.

http://bestonlinegolddealers.com/

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f8/tulving-having-issues-2517/

The tulving.com website has outrageously deceptive and misleading claims regarding shipping practices.  http://tulving.com/New%20Pages/free_overnight_shipping.htm states: “Are You Tired Of Waiting Weeks Months For Your Bullion From Other Dealers? We Offer Free Overnight Shipping Within 48 Working Hours Of Receipt Of A Wire!” “Silver is typically shipped within about 5 working days after receipt of your wire.”  The website indicated the products I ordered were in-stock, and this was confirmed by phone when placing the orders - but they can not deliver for over five months?  The website also states that a buyer may not cancel an order that has been placed without facing legal collection action, including legal fees, but Hannes acts like he has no obligation to complete a transaction, or be respectful to his clients.

To be clear, I have been aware of Hannes' reputation for being an a$$.  I have always been courteous and to the point on business with him.  Our only interaction has been a few brief phone calls to quickly place orders.  He has no reason to put me on his revenge list.

Tulving has had over $200K of my money for over five months, has not shipped, will not provide a full refund, and will not communicate about the matter.  The public deserves to know this may be turning into a ponzi scheme funding his retirement.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:13
Dyna mo hum
Dyna mo hum's picture
Hat Tips: 16640
You

really need to talk to the district attorney in the jurisdiction where this crime was committed now!

Spartacus Rex
Spartacus Rex's picture
Hat Tips: 13483
@ 1 FF

Actually you would be wise to type up a Notice of Complaint (NOC) simply stating the facts of the Matter, Tulving's default and refusal to deliver or refund, and your request for immediate action to cure default. Then have your NOC Notarized (easily done at any one of those Mailboxes Etc, / UPS or FedEx Stores, and then make 6 or 7 copies of the Notarized NOC and then send by either Certified or Registered U.S. Mail to each of the following 1) Tulving; 2) California Attorney General (AG); 3) Your State's AG (If you do not live in California);  4) The U.S. Atty General. BTW, make sure that on the bottom of the NOC you cc'd all of those AGs Names so when Tulving gets your NOC, he will damn sure realize the gravity of situation of those AGs being contacted in writing, and move like lightening to make you happy. In the future you would be wise to use Texas Precious Metals for your online Bullion purchases (fifth generation run family business, 5 star rated & they don't sell/accept your funds for what they don't have in inventory!) https://www.texmetals.com/

1 Founders Fan
1 Founders Fan's picture
Tulving scam

Many thanks for the advice, and the feedback on Texas Precious Metals.

stealthbear
stealthbear's picture
Hat Tips: 2055
Tulving concerns-1FF

I am so sorry to hear about your problems with Hannes Tulving.  The amount of your money that he has possession of just makes me feel sick.  I have bought most of the metal I have from Tulving from 2006 to 2010. (I would estimate my total purchases at over $300,000 as I was purchasing for several family members and friends as well as myself.)  At that time shipping was immediate, as in overnight, for both gold and silver bullion.  I ordered from Hannes because of his low prices and free shipping, but I found out from speaking to the man, himself (he used to be the only one who answered the phone to take orders), that he had NO people skills at all. I did not call him to ask what he thought about where the metals were going.  My calls were strictly business....to tell him what I wanted to order and how much.  Even that short exchange occasionally brought out his worst side, for whatever reason, resulting in snappish and rude exchanges on his part if I misunderstood what he said.  I was immensely relieved when he hired some other people to take phone orders. 

I placed my last order with tulving about 3 years ago and it was my last because things had definitely changed,  Instead of receiving my order overnight, as i had previously, this order did not come for weeks. I had emailed Hannes to inquire about it, and received a very terse email response from him to "call Karen".  I did this and was told that their insurance only allowed a certain monetary amount to be shipped out each day, so I would have to wait until my order came up in line on that basis. I waited for several weeks and called Karen a few times during that period.  My anxiety level went up daily!  As it turned out, I did finally receive the goods, but by that time vowed never to order from them again. 

I sincerley hope that you get the merchadise you have paid for.  If not, I hope you are successful in "frying" the guy.  Seems like he deserves it!

1 Founders Fan
1 Founders Fan's picture
Other victims

Other victims continue to contact me, but have not added their complaints in this forum.  Please share your experiences here.

1 Founders Fan
1 Founders Fan's picture
Unbelievable - list of victims growing

New warning, as the number of complaining victims  grows!   Delayed or no delivery/cash payout.  Routinely operating outside the terms of business stated on Tulving.com. 

http://about.ag/tulving.htm#.UmXeVnaN5iU.email

Tulving Company Update

[As of 18 Oct 2013, we have tracked 82 complaints of delivery delays this year, averaging about $70,000 per order, for an estimated $5,730,616 of orders delayed about 3-5 months:]   ............ see link for complete report

And these are just the public complaints!

my mothers keeper
my mothers keeper's picture
Hat Tips: 368
New warning, as the number of

New warning, as the number of complaining victims  grows!   Delayed or no delivery/cash payout.

hey founders fan...so sorry to hear of your difficulty with tulving~

please do let us know how things progress for you.  we care and we wish you well!

thanks, k

i was going to save the world; and then i saw something shiny...

Spartacus Rex
Spartacus Rex's picture
Hat Tips: 13483
1 FF

So, it's has been two months now. Any update or success with Tulving yet?

Nick Elway
Nick Elway's picture
Hat Tips: 4562
about.ag updated

http://about.ag/tulving.htm

[13 Nov 2013 Update: For the first half(ish) of November, the number of complaints has gone down about 25%, suggesting that the end is near -- either Tulving is back on track slowly heading towards normal shipping, or 'the jig is up'.]

[As of 01 Nov 2013, we have tracked 111 complaints of delivery delays this year, averaging about $70,000 per order, for an estimated $7,566,612.00 of orders delayed about 3-5 months:]

1 Founders Fan
1 Founders Fan's picture
Update

New public complaints continue to be added on the BCA website (http://www.businessconsumeralliance.org/complaints/the-tulving-company-inc-13090180).   BCA staff have developed direct communications with H. Tulving, and they attempt to resolve disputes.   For some reason, H. T. is responsive to BCA inquiries, but he is not to his customers.  From my experience, the BCA is the only way for a customer to get any response from the dirtbag.

On the advice of legal counsel, since Tulving refused to deliver my products or give a full refund of my deposit, I got as much cash back from him as possible.  The risk of him claiming bankruptcy, like he did in the early 90's, and loosing all of my money pretty much forced me to take what I could get.  Tulving calls it a "buy-back" separate transaction, but I never received any silver to sell to anyone, and it was never my intention to sell so soon, or in such volume.  It was a cram-down deal that left me over $33K in the hole.  In addition, reduced availability and substantially increased premium pricing of the coins I had on order for over five months, now means I can not find a similar deal.  While spot price declined, the price to buy the same coins did not decline in unison; Tulving pocketed the advantage. 

After waiting for my coins or a full refund for over five months, and Tulving's total refusal to communicate with me, it was very interesting how fast they processed my "buy-back."  In under one-half hour three staff members had touched it and they had it documented in their system.

Mr. Tulving's character was further displayed by the manner in which he issued my partial refund.  Rather than cutting the check within three business days and sending it overnight, as stated on Tulving.com and by his staff, the amount due was returned in three separate checks that took almost two weeks and further help from the BCA to get delivered.

Further actions on this matter remain in play on several fronts.  Once the dust settles, I will provide more feedback. 

Axil
Axil's picture
Hat Tips: 13
Thank you Founders Fan

Thanks for your post Founders Fan,

I too have had a problem with H. Tulving's,  presently 3 month delinquent delivery of 3 monster boxes of 2013 American Silver Eagles.  I hate to state the purchase price given the current spot price, but you get the picture.  If I could just receive the PMs I wouldn't worry, having an optimistic long term confidence of where the values of all metal are going.

Thanks for the Business Consumer Alliance website link.  After going there and seeing the positive results that they have produced from Tulving my stress level from potentially loosing $40k is much reduced.  I submitted my complaint today, so will sit back and see how this plays out...

Will post an update with complaint response.

~My Life, My Fortune, My Sacred Honor~

Axil
Axil's picture
Hat Tips: 13
Situation resolved

UPDATE;

After 100+ days since placing my order and 3 weeks after getting the Business Consumer Alliance involved,  I received a tracking number from Hannes Tulving Co.  Two days later I received my product.  The stress of dealing with the Tulving Co. is not worth the savings from buying in bulk from them.  I'm going elsewhere from now on for my metal purchases. 

Thank you all for the GREAT advice that helped in resolving this potentially VERY expensive situation...

Y'all have a Blessed Day now ... Ya hear?

Patriot Family
Patriot Family's picture
Hat Tips: 3312
That's great news!

Very happy this worked out for you!

Seller of high quality, Thrive brand freeze dried storage foods: www.freezedriedpantry.com

firstsilver
firstsilver's picture
Hat Tips: 1300
Good that the opinion tide has turned

A couple of years back someone posted a complaint on this site about Tulving failing to deliver a purchase and got drowned out by people defending the guy -- said he was just rough around the edges and all that. I thought this was curious because this same rough-around-the-edges guy had legal trouble previously for failing to deliver on purchases. In 1991 his earlier business had filed for bankruptcy -- as had he on a personal basis --  and the company had been alleged to have committed fraud by the FTC. I thought this was more than just a guy with poor people skills.

So, I've avoided Tulving and bought elsewhere. Now Tulving is in big trouble -- again.

Fortunately, he doesn't seem to have the pack of supporters posting here to justify his misconduct. I guess that's the good news.

starrdog
starrdog's picture
Just in time!

According to 

http://about.ag/tulving.htm

Tulving is now out of business and no longer answering their phone. Good thing you contacted BCA when you did. 

Lysander
Lysander's picture
Hat Tips: 5
Indeed, Tulving has filed for

Indeed, Tulving has filed for bankruptcy. This attorney  is handling a class action suit against the company and Tulving personally: http://www.krinternetlaw.com/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Tulving Warning !!!!! "