the kOOk

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
benny_bomb_boom
benny_bomb_boom's picture
Hat Tips: 1009
the kOOk

nope not talking about that one dood who keeps dropping in on me, the aussie bird. in honor of the 2014 available for sale, aint that a pretty pecker? anyhow wondering what the consensus is here. yea or nay on the xtra charge for this? today i see 100 or more orders at +3.99 to spot...then i keep going back and checking prices of past vintages...and yeah they have increased production some...but IMVFHO the are the best there is. 3 reasons. 1 the perth mint is legit. 2. the limited mintage. 3 they change the kook every year and most of them are sick. so they happen to be my favorite piece of bullion. w/ the mintage still limited to 500k in the '14 edition, in my mind, is the best bag for your buck in a long term hold bullion strategy. 

your thoughts

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:12

no better time than now

argentus maximus
argentus maximus's picture
Hat Tips: 19273
Love them! Two good years on

Love them!

Two good years on a row. The 2013s were beauts too, with two kOOks on face!

argentus maximus
Rhythm 'n Price
http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html
This analysis - global markets

benny_bomb_boom
right arm AM

the 2008 w/ the spider web is my favorite, but the 2014 has grown on me more each day! I love the detail in that branch he is chillin' on

no better time than now

Coin Explorer
Coin Explorer's picture
Hat Tips: 258
Yeah, they changed the

Yeah, they changed the mintage limit on the 2013 kook from 1 million to 500k mid-stream on me, and I ended up having to pay an additional premium on the secondary market to get one! I won't be making the same mistake this year.  I only wish I could afford to stack gold, because the Perth gold Lunar Horse looks awesome!

Oh, and the 2014 Somali Elephant is out already. This is the bad thing about buying attractive bullion series instead of bars, or something that doesn't change design. You feel compelled to keep up with the collection!

Host of precious metals video show "The Coin Explorer" at Gainesville Coins

benny_bomb_boom
coin E

This is the bad thing about buying attractive bullion series instead of bars, or something that doesn't change design. You feel compelled to keep up with the collection!

you can say that again...when the Ag is on the redline this makes it that much sweeter. new design. i'm a buyer. same ol same ol, got some of those already.

like you need a reason,

from provident metals 

Bring a little laughter into your home with the 2014 Kookaburra 1 ounce silver coin! The laughing kookaburra has arrived from its home in Australia, ready to join collectors in their homes, even if they’re far from the land down under.

The 2014 design features a cheeky little Kookaburra sitting high on a gum tree, staring off to the right with a clear gaze out toward the viewer. The feathers are highly detailed, as is the outline on the gum leaves in the background. The words “AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA” are near the top on a shining rim; the lower rim says “2014 1 oz 999 SILVER.”

The reverse includes the stately image of Queen Elizabeth staring toward the right. The rim reads “ELIZABETH II” “AUSTRALIA” and “1 DOLLAR.”

The kookaburra is a large bird known for its call, a human-like “laugh.” They have dark brown wing feathers and lighter brown or beige feathers on their bellies and heads. Some subspecies have bright blue feathers on their wings and tails. They eat lizards, snakes, other small birds, mice and other meat. Some are so friendly that they will accept food from humans by hand.

The kookaburra is a common bird in Australia and is not threatened, though these 2014 1 oz silver coins are so popular they may soon be “extinct”--only 500,000 1 ounce coins will be minted! Be sure to order yours before they all fly away!

2014 has continued to grow on me. up close they pop. top 10 all-time kooks for me, still at 3.99 over on 100+ ...

no better time than now

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "the kOOk"