Living on a Radioactive Planet

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Urban Roman
Urban Roman's picture
Hat Tips: 6494
Living on a Radioactive Planet

In the wake of the Fukushima meltdown, I have seen all manner of reactions online. Everything from folks (paid industry shills?) saying "It's like eating a banana." to hysterical "Oh, no, we're all gonna die!" ... enenews probably has the highest hysteria level of any of the 'serious' sites. That big sinkhole in Louisiana for example -- bad news for Assumption Parish, but probably a big *shrug* here in Texas or anywhere else. More gas-oil-tar in the already disgusting Gulf of Mexico. 

In the wake of Fukushima I have been reading Wikipedia pages and refreshing my grasp of some of the concepts and real numbers of the industry. Try to get some idea how bad it will be. In the news articles, there are all sorts of statistics on the scattered radiation, stated in units such as Sieverts, Curies, Grays, and Becquerels. Youtube videos of people wandering about Japan with radiation survey meters or personal radiation monitors. Mysterious black powders. What the hell happened to all that wiz-bang Japanese engineering and technology? A 'mysterious' black powder? Come on, they just can't lay their hands on a geiger counter now? 

Anyway, in the interest of opening up a discussion, I shall stop ranting now. I have a lot more information, but it won't all fit into one forum post. 

(we are all going to die, by the way -- remember the tag line from ZH)

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:05
Urban Roman
Urban Roman's picture
Hat Tips: 6494
The Baby Tooth Survey

Here's some reading material about nuclear pollution, and some hints at what it will probably mean going forward: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Tooth_Survey

It's worth noting that Fukushima has probably already discharged into the environment ten to a hundred times as much Sr90 as the atmospheric tests of the 1950s and 60s did. It's hard to say how much exactly, because they have been lying about it and actively trying to prevent any independent analysis. 

Gold Dog
Gold Dog's picture
Hat Tips: 6719
I have recently

purchased a Geiger counter to use for food inspection. My wife loves Salmon and I don't want her to get a "hot shot" from the Pacific.

That, iodine pills and a hidey hole in the Southern Hemisphere to delay the inevitable are all that I can add.

D

"Gold will be master or slave."- Horace

flyinkel
flyinkel's picture
Hat Tips: 6376
Dark Green Leafy veggies

with your salmon and other fish.  That night and next day.  There have been some wonderful studies on a hospital in Japan that changed their diet after the bombs and cancer rates were extraordinarily low as other hospital personnel dropped like flies.  Also a Russian scientist that was in charge of a chernobyl clean up crew and his crew has survivors with no cancer.  He came to the states and was allowed to only practice vet med here.  He is in CA.  I will try to find you the links but it definitely is not on the tip of my fingers.  Iodine (Lugols 5% sol every couple days has been rec, I am not a DR).  Most important thing in both the diets was dark green fresh or barely cooked leafy veggies.  Sea kelp was also great but you sure don't want this from the pacific right now.  Chlorella in smoothies, organic sprouted wheat grass etc.

flyinkel

08Gold-Wing
08Gold-Wing's picture
Hat Tips: 228
Salmon

So Dog, Have you gotten any abnormal readings on any fish? I keep a supple in the freezer, but it is getting rather low, not sure if I want to repurchase or not.

Wing

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Living on a Radioactive Planet"