Question on Fidelity Gold Mutual Fund

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
AstroTurd
AstroTurd's picture
Hat Tips: 98
Question on Fidelity Gold Mutual Fund

Q:  Should I put my IRA into the Fidelity gold fund?

Background: Even with the 38% drop, this fund is still 8.3% (per year) up over 10 years.  It is at it's lowest price since early 2008.  See chart.  Fidelity is bullish for long-term trend.  They hold mine stock, not sure about actual bullion.  Seems like an excellent time to buy.  

Nothing is sure anymore, but my IRA is currently 'managed' and they done squat for years now.  With the Market being up alot due to the QE infinity bubble, so is the IRA, but I know the Market will crash heavily, hence seeking to protect it.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:30

Yeah, that's funny, yea.
Burt

silver66
silver66's picture
Hat Tips: 12395
Fidelity fund

It looks more like a precious metals stock fund than a bullion fund

The investment seeks capital appreciation. The fund normally invests at least 80% of assets in securities of companies principally engaged in gold-related activities, and in gold bullion or coins. It invests up to 25% of assets in gold and other precious metals through a wholly-owned subsidiary. The fund invests primarily in common stocks and in certain precious metals. It invests primarily in companies engaged in exploration, mining, processing, or dealing in gold, or to a lesser degree, in silver, platinum, diamonds, or other precious metals and minerals. The fund is non-diversified. 

Silver66

Silver66
Money is minted, currency is printed

csquared13
csquared13's picture
Hat Tips: 1288
if it's FSAGX you're talking

if it's FSAGX you're talking about, I have some through my employers 403b plan.

they do have a break-down of the holdings if that's what you're looking for. 

if I could do it all over again, i would have set it up so that all of my contributions went straight to cash, and then I'd wait to buy the funds like FSAGX (or whatever other Fidelity funds are available through my employer) when I felt  they were relatively cheap.

AstroTurd
AstroTurd's picture
Hat Tips: 98
Thanks!

Thanks!

Yeah, that's funny, yea.
Burt

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Question on Fidelity Gold Mutual Fund"