Coglan Morning Analysis + Ensign?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
WiLLEt
WiLLEt's picture
Hat Tips: 23
Coglan Morning Analysis + Ensign?

Hello everyone! smiley

I signed up for a few days ago to the Coglan Morning Analysis service, as I have seen others here around also have done!

And like Paul who uses the charting program Ensign I decided to go with the same so it might be easier to follow him.

I wonder if there are any other turdities that also uses Ensign, and if so, from where do you stream the data?

Ensign has free FOREX data through FXCM but I can't seem to get it work together with Pauls charts sad

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:15
Pining 4 the Fjords
Pining 4 the Fjords's picture
Hat Tips: 39496
WilleT

I am in the same boat-  love Paul's analysis but I cannot get his charts to load on Ensign or find a sufficient data feed to view silver / gold futures (that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to buy each month).

Will be interested to see if there are any Turdites who can help on this question...

Beastly Stack
Beastly Stack's picture
Hat Tips: 1999
Not Sure

Hey Guys not sure if this helps. If it is charts you need, try www.fxstreet.com. I pay for my my data and I know it can expensive but I have used charts from this site since 2001. They have live time charts and they have served me well through the years. not sure if this will help but I sure hope it does.

I will not start a new thread because I hope you get help from other turdites with your issue.

If you could pass this along, I would appreciate it. Have a great day!

http://tradermartinstake.blogspot.com/2013/04/inevitable.html

WiLLEt
WiLLEt's picture
I too really like Pauls

I too really like Pauls analysis smiley

When I import Pauls layout in Ensign the Charts for Gold and Silver looks like their supposed to look, and if I refresh the chart I get an update in the price too (having to do it manually tho and not sure if it is with delay or not).

When I look at the currencies they are blank in the beginning because of Pauls use of eSignal symbols, after I change the eSignal symbols to FXCM symbols (the free data-feed that is included with Ensign for currencies) the charts refreshes and starts to work fine with the real-time-feed, the problem is that it is a new plain standard chart and not Pauls chart with his layoutsad.

I think the currency part should work well with the free FXCM feed and have contacted Ensign about it, I will share their answer so we can get started with this! smiley

WiLLEt
WiLLEt's picture
Pining if you open pauls

Pining if you open pauls currency charts, you can click on the little redbar "Controls" and choose to "lock studies" and "lock lines" which should save pauls charts and lines before you change the symbols to FXCM feed.

You can change the symbol by rightclick on the chart and choose "new symbol" there you can change for example:

EURA0-FX        to         EUR/USD

and press enter, that should do the trick so you get both Pauls charts AND the livefeed working for currencies, for me the livefeed is working and I do get the Pauls charts, what I dont get is the work he has done on the charts, forks etc, so my temporary solution will be to draw the forks and the lines myself in same way he has done it by watching his clips :P

If you figure out the last part how to get those forks, lines etc imported also it would be nice to hear smiley

now back to the drawingboard hehe

Gold Nugget
Gold Nugget's picture
Hat Tips: 434
NetDania

NETDANIA will get you free charting and free data with forks.

try this

www.netdania.com/Products/live-streaming-currency-exchange-rates/real-ti...

‘Nine times out of ten when I see an attractive woman walking down the street, I turn and take another look. Ten times out of ten she does not turn around to check me out.’

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Coglan Morning Analysis + Ensign?"