1929 Depression - Caused by Silver Manipulation?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
AstroTurd
AstroTurd's picture
Hat Tips: 98
1929 Depression - Caused by Silver Manipulation?

I found this well-researched article, Users Demand 71 Cent Silver, by Charles Savoie, whom I never knew about until today, but perhaps many of you have.  It is lengthy at 48 pages, but well worth the time. Very educational as it relates to documented information from the 1930's until now on silver / gold 'management' by the US Govt.

While scanning through it, I came across this section (page 42) : "Last month we mentioned the fact that what started The Great Depression was Britain's attack on silver---not the Crash of October 1929. In case anyone missed it, here 's another reference (NY Times, April 23, 1933, section 2 page 7) --- "The chaotic condition in the monetary systems of the world is due largely to the decreased use of silver and the greater demand for gold as a medium of exchange. This trend which has resulted in a steady decline in the price of silver to the lowest level in history and a substantial appreciation in the value of gold IS HELD TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE UNPRECEDENTED SHRINKAGE IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE IN THE LAST FEW YEARS." The silver/gold ratio reached 84.36 to one in February 1931."

I'm not a career investor, nor do I know what Britain did (have to find that article), but I know ratios.  Are TPTB trying to simply repeat history?  Will they blame 'hoarders' for the Dollar's failure?  Will that label stick and confiscation ensue?

You'll be amazed at the history of the SAME statements we hear today.... "silver is being wasted in coin", and a Richard Yeoman (so-called coin expert and publisher) stating, "For a coin collector it doesn't really matter what it is made of."!  I especially love the statement from Miss Eva Adams, Director of the Mint in the 1960's, lamenting that silver being minted was a major drain on industrial use.  Asked what else could be used, Miss Adams stated, "We've looked at everything from nylon to wood".

At late as 1965, silver 'hoarders' (i.e. bad, evil, blame, blame, blame) were attacked: "The House committee also made a recommendation that is highly significant in view of the fact that COIN HOARDERS AND BULLION SPECULATORS ARE EXPECTED TO STEP UP THEIR ACCUMULATION OF OLD 90 PERCENT SILVER COINS IF THE ALLOY IS DEBASED. It called for legislation to "PREVENT, MINIMIZE OR REGULATE THE HOARDING OF OR SPECULATION IN, LARGE QUANTITIES OF COIN, AND THE EXPORTATION AND MELTING DOWN OF COIN."

Amazing.  The utter, complete lie that silver and gold are not currency.  It defies all logic, unless you are a liar-by-nature, corrupted by the lust for power and control over people's lives, and of course the utmost pleasures this life has to offer as a result.  People will, and do, trade their soul for a few years of the 'good life'.

Given what we are experiencing in our generation, it is hard to not at least acknowledge Jesus' words in Luke 18:18-27  A certain ruler asked him, saying, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" Jesus asked him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good, except one--God. You know the commandments: 'Don't commit adultery,' 'Don't murder,' 'Don't steal,' 'Don't give false testimony,' 'Honor your father and your mother.'" He said, "I have observed all these things from my youth up." When Jesus heard these things, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have, and distribute it to the poor. You will have treasure in heaven. Come, follow me." But when he heard these things, he became very sad, for he was very rich. Jesus, seeing that he became very sad, said, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter into the Kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to enter in through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God." Those who heard it said, "Then who can be saved?" But he said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."

Note Jesus is not condemning money or wealth itself, for many people God deemed faithful to Him were also wealthy.  However the love of wealth leading to lies, stealing, murder, etc., that is what ruins a man's soul.  

Jesus - For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul? For what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

http://www.silver-investor.com/charlessavoie/cs_may09_UsersDemand71CentSilver.swf

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08

Yeah, that's funny, yea.
Burt

pink freud
pink freud's picture
Hat Tips: 1606
if you go to morgan's silver

if you go to morgan's silver investor site and click on archives, you can see all of charles savoies articles.

http://www.silver-investor.com/archives/index.html

the articles i liked the most are  "silver stealers" and "the captians the thief"

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "1929 Depression - Caused by Silver Manipulation?"